Keep on the Shadowfell character sheet scans

Mostlyjoe

Explorer
Atlatl Jones said:
The Fighter only has 3 trained skills. Is that an error? I don't remember how many skills the D&DXP fighter was trained in.

The Fighter's combat challenge and combat superiority have changed. That's quite a big last-minute rules change, and makes the fighter significantly less "sticky."

I can't help but feeling that we're seeing half built characters. Maybe from an earlier take on the system or alternative starting builds. Dunno.

Bishmon

First Post
Atlatl Jones said:
The Fighter only has 3 trained skills. Is that an error? I don't remember how many skills the D&DXP fighter was trained in.
That fighter had 4: athletics, endurance, heal, and streetwise.

Gloombunny

First Post
Oops... I'd forgotten that the human cleric also had Cause Fear, somehow.

Mostlyjoe said:
I can't help but feeling that we're seeing half built characters. Maybe from an earlier take on the system or alternative starting builds. Dunno.
Looks like it, since they apparently forgot to give the half-elf its cross-class power. :)

Mostlyjoe said:
Hmmm. Makes me think:

Humans get an extra Class Power? And Half Elves an extra Class Feat?
Where is the half elves extra class feat? He has one feat (Armour of Bahamut) and no bonus feats/powers/skills that I can see.
According to the sheet he gets (maybe) a bonus language, +2 dip and insight and group diplomacy for being a half elf. Nothing else. Compared to all the other races on display- rubbish. So hopefully WotC have stuffed up once again!

Oh and the DDXP fighter appears to have four trained skills. IMO it might be now be Endurance automatically and 2 others?

Mostlyjoe

Explorer
mach1.9pants said:
Where is the half elves extra class feat? He has one feat (Armour of Bahamut) and no bonus feats/powers/skills that I can see.
According to the sheet he gets (maybe) a bonus language, +2 dip and insight and group diplomacy for being a half elf. Nothing else. Compared to all the other races on display- rubbish. So hopefully WotC have stuffed up once again!

Oh and the DDXP fighter appears to have four trained skills. IMO it might be now be Endurance automatically and 2 others?

Then it leads me back to my thought that these characters are playtest fodder. Earlier build stuff.

Harshax

First Post
Funny, they leave room for you to enter the character's gender, but the pictures and height/weight statistics are obviously male. Well. . . the dragonborn may be female, I can't tell anymore since they took away the :):):):).

Edit: Removed attempt to avoid profanity filter. Please don't do that, thanks.

--Dinkeldog/Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhiarion

Explorer
Can anyone explain why the Dragonborn Paladin has a +2 to Endurance?

He has a +1 ability mod to Con, shouldn't it be +6 for a trained skill?

Thattanguy

First Post
Im intrigued that Trapfinding is no longer, at least at lvls <4, a rouge only class feature. I guess if you spent the time training in how to find/work with traps of any sort (Thievery Skill) you can find and disable them. Paladin cc trapsmith ftw!

Remove ads