Keeping the dead... dead.

Taloras

First Post
I like the dip him in the Styx idea....animate dead as an -intelligent- undead. then dip him in the styx so he loses all memories(if that works). then befriend him, secretly have someone kill him, raise him, rinse and repeat. :p

HeavyG

First Post
Chorn said:
Once again, as Tatsukun pointed out earlier, resurrection magic won't work unless the subject is willing to come back. All of them let the target know the identity of the caster so the BBEG will refuse any attempts not made by someone he does not know.

I had forgotten about that. :\

That rule was probably meant to foil that exact "strategy" too.

Thanee

First Post
Dunno, if it has been mentioned, I noticed a special material for weapons in CW, which allows to trap the soul of a slain victim.

Bye
Thanee

colinfit20

Explorer
Reg: Keeping the dead, dead

Why bother?
Use a Magic Jar spell to trap the bad guy's mind outside of his body, place said gem inside a chest particularly Draumaji's Secret Chest, send it off, kill said bad guy's body cremate and then spread ash into a volcano for good measure.
The first wish can only recover the body even try to return it to life but it won't restore his mind since if the party keeps it quiet a second wish MIGHT restore his mind but given the spell keeps the said chest on another plane there should be a good chance this will destroy both chest and gem holding his mind and an even greater chance they won't be in any condition to get back to their normal evil selves... by all rights the GM would be better off conceiving of another way they can get back but thats another story...

Toras

First Post
If the planes exist, animating him as a intelligent/(no memory) undead is a good first step.

Places to dispose of the body
1)Etheral Gap (They can and will kill you good)
2)Sucide Alley in Sigil
3)Into one of the blades on Aoskars Corpse (Annihilation +)
4)Tie a sign that says "1 Free Soul to bad home." to it and drop him on the lower planes
5) Bury him by the Spire (no magic)
6) Let a Slaad implant him

Taloras

First Post
Try this. Geas/Quest said baddy to Go to Hades and stay there until you come for him. Then Plane Shift him there. If his friends planeshift him back, the geas makes him go back. When he finally fails his saving throw for Hades, he becomes a petitioner and will not willingly leave Hades. ;)

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
I'd be all for tracking him down in the afterlife and finishing the soul off. Although if he's really Evil, then he might end up somewhere a bit 'interesting'. Also in the hands of some serious GM calls about what happens after death.

Like someone said, imprisonment is probably more effective than death... See if you can engineer some way for him to tick of the Lady of Pain?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Kill him and throw his body into a sphere of annihilation? If you are playing 3.0e you could even create the extraordinarily overpowered shield of absorbtion and use that to do it.

My personal favourite has always been a plane with flowing (faster) time though.

Cheers

Remove ads