• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Key Encounters from SkeletonKey and Monte Cook

SkeletonKey Ed

Explorer
SkeletonKey Games has released the first product in the Key Encounters series.

VolcanicShrinecoverthumb.jpg

Key Encounters: The Volcanic Shrine combines the writing and imagination of fan favorite Monte Cook with SkeletonKey Games' best selling miniatures-scale tiles to bring a detailed encounter to your table top. The Volcanic Shrine is a major encounter for fantasy d20 games that can be built with the 20 brand-new, custom designed miniatures-scale tiles included in the product. The encounter details the link between a massive lake of lava deep underground and the Elemental Plane of Fire itself. This encounter could be used as the center point of an entire adventure involving creatures of flame and the evil plot of a dark elemental creature known as Kaliastrix. The 20 tiles can be used to build other volcanic pools and lakes and works well with other SkeletonKey Games tile sets, including Volcanic Caves Vol. 1 and 2. The Volcanic Shrine includes guidelines for incorporating the encounter into a larger context, tips on running an encounter with lava dangers all around, and a full page encounter map of the shrine itself.

Pinotage

Explorer
jaerdaph said:

LOL! Unfortunately, not quite. There is a variant rule in there, which seems fairly decent. Overall, though, another top notch product. Loved the tiles, and the adventure is cool as well, particularly given the location.

BTW, what's the ETA on the bonus tiles for this set? I quite like the break in the bridge tile. Might give players a nasty surprise! :D

Pinotage

SkeletonKey Ed

Explorer
Pinotage said:
BTW, what's the ETA on the bonus tiles for this set? I quite like the break in the bridge tile. Might give players a nasty surprise! :D

Pinotage

I'm on the phone with the SKG webmaster as I type this and he tells me it will be tonight.

- Ed

Remove ads