• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Khemet - Epic Egyptian Campaign [IC and intro]

Brazeku

First Post
When Asar unleashes his divine magic, the men seem at first perplexed, and then shocked. Murmurs rise up amongst them, but before anyone has a chance to speak, Runihuna suddenly rushes and leaps a two-story arc above their heads, landing gracefully further down the road.

“I…” is all the speaker can muster, before he shakes his head in disbelief.

Track results: The men actually simply came out of the buildings and ruins around you, as opposed to having originated from any given point. The ground here is a combination of limestone flagstones and yellowish dust, which holds tracks fairly poorly. After about a minute of walking forward and examining the ground, you can discern probably dozens of different tracks made over the course of the last few days: this tells you that the area is actively inhabited and sees more traffic than you were expecting. You’re guessing there are around 150 people living in the vicinity. As near as you can tell, there are no non-human tracks aside from chicken and goats.

The road ahead slopes steadily downward, leading deeper into the river basin. Here, the buildings are taller, grander, and far less damaged than the outlying edges of the city. The street is very narrow, only about 8 feet across, and the buildings are several stories high – their limestone facades and palm-carved pillars block out the light of the sun. Judging by the smooth walls, small windows, and unadorned doorways, you are actually traveling in a back alley as opposed to a main street. What strikes you the most is the dead quiet in the area – no birds, insects, wind, or sounds of motion. The place seems completely deserted, and each cobbled step you take is an almost painful assault on the ears.

It’s only now that you see it – the entire area is glossed over with a whitish sheen, as if you’re looking into a slightly fogged mirror. You can’t rightly call it ‘mist’, but it is certainly something.

[sblock=OOC]Spot checks, please. Also, Shayuri, post whenever you're ready, not a problem.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Gliding behind the others was a solemn figure dressed in the flowing translucent white gown of a high priestess, with the gold trappings of nobility about her wrists, neck and ankles. She carried a staff carved of dark mahogany and tipped with a gold figure in the shape of an ibis...one of the sigils of Thoth. She was Minnefret (MI-nef-ret), born of royal blood but chosen by Thoth to enter his service as a child. She learned to see as Thoth saw, to perceive the hidden flows of power within things. She learned to speak the words of creation and destruction; the secret words that Thoth had used to speak the world into being. It was said a mere glance from her eyes would turn back steel. It was whispered that she knew the true names of beasts terrible and wondrous, and could unleash them upon the world. Much more was said as well.

But for now, she was here to observe. If she felt sympathy for the plight of the refugees here, she did not show it. If she had any opinion on the wrath of the gods, the consequences she'd witnessed, or where it was all heading, she wasn't saying.

There was, as Thoth knew, a right moment for each thing that happens.

Now was the moment to watch. Soon would come the moment for action.

Spot: 20
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1458672/

Brazeku

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry about the delay, I didn't have access this weekend. In any event, there’s an explanation I’m going to make about spot checks – I set a target number and total the results from the entire party to meet or beat it. In this case, the spot check was easy enough, and as a group you beat the target of 100. Therefore:[/sblock]

Spot Check results: Although at first you couldn’t make out anything within the spectral haze, something has caught your eye; tiny blue sparks dancing on the windowsills, along the flat roofs of the buildings, atop broken marble pillars. Within moments, you can see what they are – the glowing eyes of literally hundreds of ba spirits, small spectral birds with the heads of the men and women they were in life. They are everywhere, clustered on every available perch, eerily motionless. Their talons clutch tattered strips of fabrics in reds and whites. On the ground at your feet, you can see swirls of scattered ash and a fine dusting of flour, likely the remains of an offering.

You feel a strange force all around you, similar to the warm, oppressive sensation you get upon entering a warded tomb.

[sblock=OOC]Any time you wish to make a check to see if you can determine something or gather evidence (knowledge, spellcraft, sense motive, survival, etc), you are free to ask to do so, most of the time I won't prompt you for checks. Just a heads up, I will provide more information through those skills.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Mew...I'd like to do a check, but I have to repost the final version with the Educated feat and more knowledge skills. I will do that as soon as I get home from work tonight.)

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Do you want to roll knowledge checks, or shall we? In either case, I'd like to make Knowledge: Religion check to see what I know about these.[/sblock]

Remove ads