• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Khemet - Epic Egyptian Campaign [IC and intro]

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Khemet Initiative (1d20+1=16)

The mummified man's voice echoes with raspy surety through the streets. "You are not ordained to be in this place, false god. You are not the will of my lord." Fell and fiery magics leap from his hands to consume the monster."[/color]

OOC: Using a Divine Quicken (5 uses of turning) to cast a quickened Destruction, followed by a Flaywind Burst. The creature makes a Fort save DC 29 or be destroyed utterly. If it succeeds, it takes 84 points of damage from the two spells.

Khemet Total Spell Damage (25d6=84)

Last edited:

Brazeku

First Post
Runihuna moves with blistering speed, nocking and firing three arrows in the space of a few seconds. The first strikes true, piercing Ammut's thick hide, but the other two shatter on her skin like snapped matchsticks.

Immediately afterward, Atseret steels himself, thinking back to his training and understanding of theology and myth.

[sblock=religion check results]Ammut is a truly mighty entity - although she may be subdued, permanently destroying her is impossible. Normally, she is pacified by means of sacred enchantments and rituals. You would need the actual scrolls to stop her or entrap her, but she can likely be driven off with attacks of sufficient power. As a divine entity, her soul, mind, and body are one - any attempts to influence her soul or mind through mortal magic without the proper preparation will be ineffective.[/sblock]

Asar unleashes a blast of necromantic power at the beast. Asar, I need you to make a caster level check for destruction. Flaywind burst is a cone beginning at you, and will catch Runihuna in the blast if you cast from your current position (although it is very likely that he will make the saves).

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see the part at the bottom where you wanted to take a different course of action if yours would be ineffective, Atseret. Your knowledge check only tells you that you can't really trap the creature's soul, but it doesn't provide much information on how to deal with the thing. You can take an alternate action at this point before Ammut's attack if you wish.

Last edited:

Nephtys

First Post
Brazeku said:
[sblock=religion check results]Ammut is a truly mighty entity - although she may be subdued, permanently destroying her is impossible. Normally, she is pacified by means of sacred enchantments and rituals. You would need the actual scrolls to stop her or entrap her, but she can likely be driven off with attacks of sufficient power. As a divine entity, her soul, mind, and body are one - any attempts to influence her soul or mind through mortal magic without the proper preparation will be ineffective.[/sblock]

ooc:
Does he know where those scrolls could be found? Does Osiris know?

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Runihuna stares at the false-god with disgust. "Come false god, Set wishs you to be in the underworld. I am your boatman."

[sblock=ooc] Um...... He's gonna attack again with skirmish, but I'm waiting to see what the other do. I assume that first combat round is still going on?[/sblock]

ooc: nac, just fire it off lol Runihuna will learn to move if you hit him :)

Last edited:

Brazeku

First Post
Atseret: The scrolls should be at the local mortuary temple, which is usually located in the western section of any given city, nearby the river. That is the direction you are headed in, deeper into the city center, although you aren't sure of the exact location of the temple itself, they are all laid out similarly inside and once you get there, you'll have no problem finding the scrolls.

Runihuna: still first round, yep. Atseret can act, then Ammut and Minnefret are next in line after Asar's destruction goes off.

Asar: I still need a caster level check for the destruction. Flaywind is a full round casting spell, you can move forward next to runihuna, but the spell won't go off until after his action next round anyway. You could just shout at him to get out of the way now, and he'll be able to before the spell actually fires.

Brazeku

First Post
Asar, you break Ammut's spell resistance, however she made her fortitude save. Here it is.

Asar's, destruction spell cracks and twists pieces of Ammut's skin off, but barely seems to phaze her. All of her attention is turned towards the ba-spirits which are now fleeing past the rest of the party, back in the direction the group came from.

Alright, Asteret can still make whatever action he wishes, and then Ammut acts, then Minnefret.

Remove ads