• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kids Games 5-10

Cadfan

First Post
Hey, That's My Fish is a really good game. Its one of those magical games where it could be considered either a kids game or an adult's game depending on what theme they used. In this case, they used penguins, so its a kids game. But it has a great deal of depth if you want to look for it.

Phaezen

Adventurer
I can second most the the suggestions so far.

You could most probably look at some of the games marked 8+ and 10+ if the theme appeals to the child/children in question. In my personal experience, especially once they can read, children can pick up on game rules and concepts fairly easily if they are interested in the game. Just looking at the CCGs aimed at children, such as Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!, these are fairly complex games as each card changes the rules in some way.

My suggestion would be to go to your FLGS and see what games interest them and check Boardgamegeek.com.

GameBrowser - Sorted By Rank | BoardGameGeek should be a good place to start.

You can also lookup the games they enjoy and look at the You might Enjoy tab.

Phaezen

snotling

Explorer
Ordered KinderBunnies from my FLGS. It came in and the 3 older ones (ages 5, 8, 10) and I played. It was run. they all enjoyed it. I'm gonna try it out on the 4 year old next.

thanks for the suggestions so far. I'll be looking into some of the others soon.

amandacharlie

First Post
Sitting Ducks be a fantastic game for kids. This is really a Fun but it is NOT for the younger ones.Kidzstore.com has really Cool math games and Monster High Dress up Games for girls. Little boys just love the assortment of Train Games.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Apples to Apples.
someone already said Kids Catan
heck, regular Settlers of Catan. (or you can get StarTrek Catan)
Samarkand
Quelf (maybe too old for them)
Give Me THe Brain (Cheap-ass Games)
there's another Cheap-ass Game with the zombie restaurant where you build food orders... can't remember the name right now
Lego makes several kid-games. Plus Legos are just plain awesome beyond the telling.

Remove ads