• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Killer Kangaroos!

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
There used to be carniverous kangaroos. They died out. I don't know why. Probably they were killed off by the eighteen gazillion poisonous creatures that live in that country.

Dangerous freaking place, Austrailia is.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Toxic plants - tons of those.

There is a fly in Java; its bite causes temporary blindness.

Shews bite is poisionous, will not kill you but hurts like hell.

Last edited:

Aaron2

Explorer
Deimodius said:
Okay, so apparently those of you living in Australia are having trouble with roving gangs of tough kangaroos.

I was in Australia on business a few months ago and I can tell you that even normal kangaroos are pretty mean looking. Plus, they are way bigger than I imagined. I like Wallabees. They are like kangaroos but only 3 ft. tall. Perfect pet size.

Aaron

Angcuru

First Post
Did you know that in the language of the aboriginal australians, Kangaroo actually means "I do not understand your question?"

Just thought that might be interesting to some folks. :p

Shadowdancer

First Post
BiggusGeekus said:
There used to be carniverous kangaroos. They died out. I don't know why. Probably they were killed off by the eighteen gazillion poisonous creatures that live in that country.

Dangerous freaking place, Austrailia is.
Crikey!

BelXiror

First Post
Rofl.... Thats the first I'd heard of that :p

Thats what you get for not watching the news...

Yeah, roos can be pretty dangerous looking, specially the Red and Boxing kangaroos. The Reds are BIG.

Al'Kelhar

Adventurer
Red kangaroos don't live in the most heavily populated parts of Australia i.e. the east coast, so you don't see them much. Yup, a full grown male red kangaroo is a big sucker. The muscle arrangement on a kangaroo's chest is very similar to that of a human, and a big red 'roo can look like a bodybuilder on steroids.

Grey kangaroos (the subject of the media report) are common-as-rabbits pests. My house backs onto ex-farmland reserve and there's usually several mobs there when I walk the dog. They can get quite big; an adult male can stand 1.8m tall. I live in the city subject to the news report (our local version here http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/de...bclass=Local&category=General+News&class_id=7), and it sounds to me like media hype - in my experience kangaroos are timid creatures who run (hop) away if you advance in their direction (particularly with a loony labrador straining at its lead). It's the usual "take care around large animals - they're unpredictable" routine.

Never heard of the species "boxing kangaroo" - a relative of the "dancing bear" methinks.

BTW Australians love having the majority of the world's lethal animals; any wonder we pioneered development of anti-venenes?

Cheers, Al'Kelhar

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
What are anti-venenes?

Besides EVERY animal in Australia is either toxic, poisonous or venomous

even the rubby Playpus has a venomous spur!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads