• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kingdoms of Kalamar - Halflings, Dwarves?

Aus_Snow

First Post
What books are there that provide in-depth information on Dwarves and Halflings in the Kingdoms of Kalamar setting?

Are there any, in fact? All I've seen so far are books dealing with Elves + Bugbears, Gnomes + Kobolds, Hobgoblins, Orcs, Drow. . I think that was about it for races.

haldhin

Explorer
Aus_Snow said:
What books are there that provide in-depth information on Dwarves and Halflings in the Kingdoms of Kalamar setting?

Are there any, in fact? All I've seen so far are books dealing with Elves + Bugbears, Gnomes + Kobolds, Hobgoblins, Orcs, Drow. . I think that was about it for races.

Sorry, no KenzerCo books available for dwarves and/or halflings.

Do you have specific questions about those races in Kalamar, or are you just looking for general information? I'll be happy to try and help with the first, but the Player's Guide is probably the best option for the latter.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Thanks haldhin. I really just need some more general info I suppose, for a couple of PC's, some NPC's, and various sections of Tellene that the PC's will (most likely) be adventuring in.

What would the Players Guide do for me (the DM), and my group of players, that the main book can't, in practical terms?

Also, any chance of a Dwarf and/or a Halfling book coming out? And what would be the 'Foe' counterpart in each case, just out of interest?

haldhin

Explorer
Aus_Snow said:
Thanks haldhin. I really just need some more general info I suppose, for a couple of PC's, some NPC's, and various sections of Tellene that the PC's will (most likely) be adventuring in.

What would the Players Guide do for me (the DM), and my group of players, that the main book can't, in practical terms?

Glad to help.

I assume by the "main book" you mean the Campaign Setting.

The Player's Guide is essentially the PHB for Kalamar. Specific to your first post, it contains ~30 pages on the difference races. As with most PHB-style works, it also has new classes, Pclasses, feats, skills, spells, etc, etc. So in practical terms, it provides a number of new options for players and the DM.

IMO, the Campaign Setting is more "story" while the Player's Guide is more "rules". If you're going to run a campaign in Kalamar, I highly recommend it.

Also, any chance of a Dwarf and/or a Halfling book coming out? And what would be the 'Foe' counterpart in each case, just out of interest?

Insert standard "this is all IMO" disclaimer here. :)

I would be surprised if those books are not already in development. Summer '06 release at the very earliest, but that might be an aggressive assumption with everything else KenzerCo is doing. FWIW, the next releases I expect to see are Religions and a class book or two (similar to Stealth & Style).

As for foes, since orcs and hobgoblins have their own sourcebooks, I could see goblins for halflings, but not sure for dwarves. Maybe derro or trogs?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads