• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kingdoms of Kalamar

Ktulu

First Post
The insanity hath arived!

Things I would suggest for the bard.

1. The Gorgeous feat from the Kingdoms of kalamar Players Guide. It increases your Charisma by 2 for the purposes of good looks. Any diplomacy/charisma check you have to make is increased if they can see you. It also adds some flavour' (it's french cause I used a ' :D ) to those instances where a little bat of the eye or dashing smile could come in handy.

2. For another feat: Eyes of Fury. Your gaze alone strikes fear into your enemies. a charisma based intimidation that actually pummels the morale of your enemy. A must have for someone wanting to appear intimidating.

Read up on the Theatre of the Arts. When I played my Basiran Dancer (Rhaine...may Raconteur bless her soul) knowledge of this temple was a must! Use it to your advantage for getting more buck outta those nifty performances.

Use those language options wisely. If your dm is anything like me, you'll find that multiple dialects do, infact, hamper conversation. Also, there's a lot of different races, and every region has it's own dialect of each language. It can get confusing, and oh so fun for us DM's.

Get as much information as you can when in certain areas. Some have STRONG racial hatred against specific races...And worse still, some have problems with certain classes.

If you have any other questons stop by the forum at:

www.kenzerco.com

Or you can email me (I think it's linked in my name)

Ktulu:D

DWARF

First Post
The thing that MOST impressed me the first time I got the Kalamar Campaign? HOBGOBLINS!

They have their own kingdom... 2 of them, in fact!
Hobgoblins have always been a neglected option, IMO. They are usually just seen as a small bump between orcs and gnolls on your way up to fighting giants.

But on Kalamar, Hobgoblins are sort of like Klingons. Battle savvy, calculating... just a lot more interesting!

GrimJesta

First Post
Aye, and they have their own very, very detailed racial book, as do the Orcs. Neither race is 2d in Kalamar, and theyre both far from fodder races.

As for Bards and Gods, I had my one bard I never got to play worship Risk, the God of Chance. Then again, he was a con man more than a minstrel...;)

-=Grim=-

Remove ads