Pathfinder 2E Kingmaker Preorders Open

Including the Pathfinder 2E version of the classic adventure path, along with bestiaries which enable you to use the AP with both Pathfinder 1E and with D&D 5E, Paizo has opened pre-orders for a revised version of its most popuar campaign. In addition, you can pick up kindom management tools map packs, and pawns, with 13 products in total available. September 22, 2022 (REDMOND, Wash.) –...

Including the Pathfinder 2E version of the classic adventure path, along with bestiaries which enable you to use the AP with both Pathfinder 1E and with D&D 5E, Paizo has opened pre-orders for a revised version of its most popuar campaign. In addition, you can pick up kindom management tools map packs, and pawns, with 13 products in total available.

1505396_pzo2020pf2kingmakeradventurepathhc1200.jpg

September 22, 2022 (REDMOND, Wash.) – Paizo Inc., publisher of the Pathfinder and Starfinder Roleplaying games, has opened preorders for the massive Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path suite of products at PathfinderKingmaker.com. The set presents a full-length campaign that chronicles the rise of a new nation—a kingdom built and ruled by the player characters—and contains 13 products with over 1000 pages of expanded and updated tabletop roleplay game adventure material based on the Pathfinder First Edition Kingmaker Adventure Path and the Owlcat computer game adaptation. It will be available to purchase on October 26 at game and bookstores worldwide and at paizo.com.

Over a decade ago, the Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path helped lead the way with an open-ended "sandbox" style adventure that encouraged exploration and conquest in a rugged wilderness. Its open-world narrative and kingdom-building elements gave players and Game Masters unparalleled freedom to explore and shape the world with their heroic actions. It became one of the best-selling and most beloved campaigns in Pathfinder's history.

In past years, Paizo published hardcover collections of the popular Rise of the Runelords and Curse of the Crimson Throne campaigns, returning beloved out-of-print favorites updated with new bridging material, new illustrations and maps, errata, and numerous additional improvements. This release brings Kingmaker into the same fold, bigger and better than ever before.

The expansion includes content from Owlcat Games’ best-selling computer game adaptation of the Kingmaker campaign added new adventures, new mysteries, and more than a dozen new companions to accompany the players as they expand their holdings from a single fortress to a burgeoning empire.

This multi-product release includes Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path, a massive new deluxe limited-edition hardcover compilation updated to the latest Pathfinder rules. The Kingmaker Companion Guide presents seven fully detailed companions inspired by the Kingmaker video game, ready to provide all sorts of assistance, each accompanied by a fully detailed personalized adventure to go along with their story. The Kingmaker Bestiary 1st Edition and Kingmaker Bestiary 5th Edition help those who prefer to convert the adventure to their games. The suite includes many additional accessories to enhance play!

Players can find detailed descriptions on each product on the site:
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path Special Edition (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Bestiary (First Edition) (P1)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Bestiary (Fifth Edition) (5E)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Companion Guide (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Companion Guide Special Edition (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Kingdom Management Screen (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Kingdom Management Tracker (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Poster Map Folio
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Pawn Box
  • Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Kingmaker Adventure Path Campsite Multi-Pack
  • Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Kingmaker Adventure Path Noble Manor Multi-Pack
  • Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Kingmaker Adventure Path River Kingdoms Ruins Multi-Pack
Soon, you can face off against bands of bloodthirsty bandits, deadly and dangerous monsters, and mysterious menaces from other realities as you fight to claim the Stolen Lands as your own. Will you rule with justice and mercy, or will you become the very monsters you fought to oppose? In the Kingmaker Adventure Path, the destiny of the world’s newest nation is yours to decide!

Preorder today at PathfinderKingmaker.com.

Mercador

Adventurer
I can hardly blame Paizo for wanting to cash in on 5E’s massive dominance, but I’m growing to resent D&D’s stifling effect upon the marketplace.
The worst enemy of WotC is WotC itself; I'm not too fond on DnD 5.5 (One, Next, whichever name they want) and board of directors aren't doing good marketing decisions. It will be too soon for PF3 though.

I’m growing to resent D&D’s stifling effect upon the marketplace.
Is it though, stifling the marketplace? There seems to be an abundance of alternative systems being produced, and more kickstarted every week. Seems a golden age for production of TTRPGs. Getting people to play them with you might be a challenge, but getting a new system every week doesn’t seem to be. Making any money producing those RPGs looks real challenging, but doesn’t seem to be stopping many.

Dire Bare

Legend
. . . but I’m growing to resent D&D’s stifling effect upon the marketplace.
Yeah . . . WotC should work towards being less successful, give the little guys a chance! /s

D&D has ALWAYS dominated the TTRPG market, with a brief exception between 4E and 5E when they weren't publishing any product at all. It is the way of things, one might as well complain about the weather . . .

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Let's do an hypothesis; if the 5E version sold more than PF2 (or even the original one), I wonder if Paizo could decide to be a content-only creator, like no more PF rules books. PF1 in front of DnD4e was good but PF2 in front of DnD5e is difficult, no matter how good is PF2.
No, they won't. They and Green Ronin clearly felt burned by 4E and now each has their own system, so they won't ever be completely reliant on WotC again.

If they don't keep people playing Pathfinder and AGE, respectively, they go back to being vulnerable to WotC's future corporate whims.

That said, I could see them producing systemless AP compilations, with PF1, PF2 and 5E companion volumes, with the least popular of them PDF-only. Green Ronin did something similar with the next-to-most recent (now pretty damned old) version of Freeport, where lots of systems got companion volumes, but only the biggest sellers got them in hard copy form. (They then went all-in on a Pathfinder version of the next Freeport, which again tells you how long ago that came out and what the market was like at that point.)

Last edited:

The worst enemy of WotC is WotC itself; I'm not too fond on DnD 5.5 (One, Next, whichever name they want) and board of directors aren't doing good marketing decisions. It will be too soon for PF3 though.
I personally agree with you, though I’m not sure that it matters much what WotC does with D&D as long as they keep printing more of it. The hobby is critical mass right now, attracting more newcomers than ever, regardless of what they do. (For example, Spelljammer is the most recent release, got panned pretty hard for being content-light, had a post-release racism controversy, but it’s still a popular expansion.)

I’m strongly convinced that the main driver of D&D’s popularity right now is not the actual 5E ruleset. The current success seems to be as much despite the rules as because of them. Might be that WotC could publish almost anything right now and be successful with it.

Yeah . . . WotC should work towards being less successful, give the little guys a chance! /s

D&D has ALWAYS dominated the TTRPG market, with a brief exception between 4E and 5E when they weren't publishing any product at all. It is the way of things, one might as well complain about the weather . . .
Totally correct! But the vibe in the hobby as changed in the past five years; before that, even D&D felt niche.

Now there’s a real sense that it’s being driven by huge numbers of newcomers, which is good overall, but are maybe a harder demographic to compete for. Newbies only know about D&D, and so they want D&D; that’s what they see on TV and Critical Role and other streams. In prior days, you got into the hobby via your friends or communities, where you might be recommended something else. I think the 2017-2022 media environment around D&D totally drowns out anything smaller.

Remove ads

Remove ads