• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kiss of Darkness: Part 1--A Hint of Shadow

Nonlethal Force

First Post
[Sblock=OOC]Holy conversation ressurection, Batman! Seriously, I realize this was when you last saw the thread, Bront, but that's reaching back a ways! :D

Also, I'm seriously not in a big mood to have RA hand-wave a bunch of stuff. Becuase this is one of the 'premade' Val spotlight places. Take your time and we'll pick up when you're back to normal. Seriously. This is one of your opportunities to have your character shine, no?[/Sblock]

Rhaka replies with a grin on her face, hopefully indicating that she is only half-serious. "Truth is always an option. The way one lives their life can often be changed easier than truth." She continues, just to be sure everyone doesn't take her too seriously, "Of course I am not saying that lies are never used. We all lie - intentionally or not - from time to time. Is it not a part of who we all are?"

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Rhaka smiles, taking Val's statement as assurance that her morality was not coming down disparagingly upon the others. "So, speaking of truth, what is the plan? Are we simply going to march into the palace and expect an audience and be forthright about what we have learned?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"No, I should at least check in with Harile first as I return, and then I can speak to the Princess while attending to my duties to her," Val says. "Till then, you will be my guests, which should at least afford you entrance."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
"Will we be allowed to come and go through the gate as we please? If we are to have a considerable amount of waiting while you meet with your supervisors I should like a chance to explore the land outside your city. Of course, all who are interested would be welcome to join me and commune with nature."

Bront

The man with the probe
"I don't think so, but you should have time later, as I can't see why you might be needed for anything immediately once we have talked to the Princess."

OOC: Here Rystil...

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The guards at the palace gate appear to be new.*

"Lady Valerie? Do you remember hearing about a Lady Valerie?" one gate guard asks the other.

"No, I don't--it's so hard to remember everyone though, and she sounds like she knows what she's talking about. Why don't we let her in."

"Well, how about we let her in and take her to Harile so Harile can say if she's supposed to be here."

"Capital idea."

"Okay, you can come in, but we're going to take you to Harile to have her identify you."

*As the guards are talking, a black-cloaked figure beckons at Valerie from the shadows of the road running perpendicular to their approach, heading out into the Old City.*

Bront

The man with the probe
"Just send Harile a message saying I'll be back later today. I have a few other things to do, and I just realized the time," Val says. "That way, you don't have to take me in and leave your post, and you can confirm who I am."

Val leads her companions over towards the shadowy figure.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The guard nods.*

"That seems like a pretty good idea. Let's do that."

*Val follows after the shadowy figure, though it takes until they reach a nearby alley between two buildings to catch up. In the midst of the shadowed alley, the shadowy figure stops, and turns around to face them, head still swathed and unable to be seen.*

"Miss Leirass," the figure speaks in a deep voice, unnaturally deep even, "My organisation has been watching you and your friends carefully. We have decided to come to you with a request on which the entire fate of the kingdom might ride. Agree, and you shall be rewarded greatly. Not Valerie, do you love your kingdom?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"Miss Leirass," the figure speaks in a deep voice, unnaturally deep even, "My organisation has been watching you and your friends carefully. We have decided to come to you with a request on which the entire fate of the kingdom might ride. Agree, and you shall be rewarded greatly. Not Valerie, do you love your kingdom?"
"I love the Princess and the Kingdom greatly," Val answers. "But what proof do I have that I can trust you?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads