• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kiss of Darkness: Part 1--A Hint of Shadow

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Dhistan nods at Baeleth's words and grumbles in agreement, only easily audible to Baeleth and Verra's elven ears:*

[SBLOCK=Elves]"Foolish humans and their fancies...just because we're long-lived doesn't mean we like to waste our time when action is needed..."[/SBLOCK]

*The guard raises an eyebrow.*

"Well, keep in mind that the higher-ups usually don't fraternise with elves in such high numbers. Things out of the ordinary like that, those are things the guards are supposed to question, but they can't just go calling the Sarge every single time that happens or he'll just be running back and forth all the time. Anyway, if you have a complaint about the gates, find a merchant-noble and air your grievance, and maybe he'll bring it up to the king for you. Actually, as an elf, you might do best starting with the Seldarine Temple in the Temple District. If not, then let's move along, as there are others who need to pass. Of course, I'll need all the elves to register in this logbook, if you please."

unleashed

First Post
Baeleth Dawnmist, Male High Elf Swashbuckler/Wizard

“Now who’s avoiding the point of things,” Baeleth chuckles, looking squarely at the guard with a glint of humour in his eyes, “I’m just saying that I’m surprised the guard don’t immediately call the sergeant, when confronted with a request by someone claiming to be an agent of the royal family.”

*Still chuckling to himself Baeleth registers in their logbook, before moving aside to allow the others to do so.*

Bront

The man with the probe
Once they are inside the walls:
"I'm sorry about that," Val says. "Many of the people here are not tollerant of people who are... different. The princess is not so, I can assure you."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Rhaka replies, "No apologies necessary, although I would like to point out that this is twice now that deception has gotten us into trouble. We had to break into the warehouse. That was perhaps unavoidable, although I'm sure had we more time we could have come up with a better solution than almost dying. I fail to understand why we simply did not trust the guards to your own city. After all, if they are not honorable, why let them guard the city at night?"

unleashed

First Post

Baeleth waves off the apology with a smile, “Don’t concern yourself about it Valerie, I expected as much once I left Sil’derr’an... though I’m pleased when I’m proved wrong. Anyway, no point standing around here, let’s go do what we came here for... then perhaps I might be able to have a look around... see the sights,” he finishes, his eyes sparkling at the thought.

Bront

The man with the probe
Nonlethal Force said:
Rhaka replies, "No apologies necessary, although I would like to point out that this is twice now that deception has gotten us into trouble. We had to break into the warehouse. That was perhaps unavoidable, although I'm sure had we more time we could have come up with a better solution than almost dying. I fail to understand why we simply did not trust the guards to your own city. After all, if they are not honorable, why let them guard the city at night?"
"It's... complicated Rhaka. I wish life were so simple, but it never truely is. Deceptions are a part of life, and one I can not avoid."

unleashed

First Post

“Shall we be about our business then?” Baeleth prompts, as he waits for Valerie to lead them wherever they are supposed to go.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Bront said:
"It's... complicated Rhaka. I wish life were so simple, but it never truely is. Deceptions are a part of life, and one I can not avoid."

"That is unfortunate. I find that honesty is so much easier than keeping track of lies. Perhaps less efficient, but definately easier."

unleashed

First Post

“Honesty is certainly uncomplicated, Rhaka, though sometimes it can get you into a lot of trouble if used with the wrong person or at the wrong time,” Baeleth offers with a chuckle, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
"I suppose, but I still don't think that lying is a good standard policy. Had we simply been honest last night you all wouldn't have had to sleep in my environment. Not that I minded."

Remove ads