Kiss of Darkness: Part 1--A Hint of Shadow

Rystil Arden

First Post
"This says that you claimed to work with the princess, which was unverified, then you changed your mind and claimed to be the princess, which was verified as false. Does that sound familiar?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"I've been known to impresonate the princess at her request occasionaly, usually for her safety. I had figured the guards here would be well aware of the royal staff, but that seems not to be the case. I will say that you are on top of things by not letting people in after dark. The zone of truth bluff was quite nice as well. Still, I do have business with the Princess, so if you don't mind, I'd like to be let in." Val says.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The guard chuckles and arches an eyebrow.*

"You didn't answer me again. Will you please acknowledge that you're the right person, miss? I don't mean to be rude, but I've asked you three times and you haven't answered me directly."

unleashed

First Post
Baeleth Dawnmist, Male High Elf Swashbuckler/Wizard

Itching to get inside the city, Baeleth finally loses patience with Valerie’s avoidance of the specific question the guard is asking. “Obviously they know who we are, Valerie, considering the rather distinct composition of our party... so why make things harder than they need to be. Yes, she is the person you are looking for, and we were those with her at the gates last evening,” he explains, hoping to bring this silly stalemate to a conclusion.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The guard nods.*

"Thank you. I needed a confirmation. Now then..."

"I'm to apologise to the Lady Valerie on behalf of the other guards for the fact that she was forced to sleep outside. However, under the circumstances, the higher-ups suggest that next time when the guards offer to get the Sergeant, she might want to wait for them to get the Sergeant, or someone else who knows who she is. By running off, changing her story three times, and making it seem like she was nervous about an authority figure coming, she made herself seem suspicious and suspect without cause. I didn't know what they meant exactly by that before, but now after this little conversation, I think I do."

"In any case, please, enter--welcome to Sundaria."

unleashed

First Post
Baeleth Dawnmist, Male High Elf Swashbuckler/Wizard

“Finally, we can enter the city!” Baeleth says, looking at Valerie, before turning back to the guard. “Though if the guards sent for the Sergeant in the first place, when confronted with a name, along with a stated allegiance to the Princess, and a request to open the gates... instead of questioning that person about her companions and talking of silly things like the Princess being on a moonlighting or some such... there wouldn’t have been any cause for the suspicious conduct their questions provoked.”

Bront

The man with the probe
Val nods, "My companion is correct. If the Seargent had been summoned initialy, it would have not been an issue. Anyway, I am glad the guards were at least vigilant."

"Come on, let us be going."

Val will lead them to the palace.

Remove ads