• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kiss of Darkness: Part 1--A Hint of Shadow

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Val's Inquiries]*Val asks around, including presenting herself to the local guards. She is fairly easily able to get an audience with one of the guard captains, who asks her to come back later as he compiles a list of victims.*

"Here we are, Lady Valerie. Sorry for the delay. These are the people who have gone missing that we know of. There's probably more among the faceless poor.

Ander Kaillo, Merchant Noble
Leina, Priestess of Selune
Lom Grannock, Veteran
Jhyrden Fair, Fencing Instructor"
[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Val's Inquiries]"Do you know anything more? Race, or perhaps aproximate ages?" she asks.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Val]"Huh? They were human. No offense, but what other race would they be? I don't have any specifics--this is just the list we scrounged up as quickly as possible."[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Val]"Well, thank you greatly for your help. And please, send word to my inn if you find any other information," Val says.

OOC: ugh, they're that ignorant here?[/sblock]

Nonlethal Force

First Post
[Sblock=OOC]I'm assuming that Val left to do inquiries? So I am posting here under that assumption and that the rest of us are free to head to the warehouses. If that is incorrect, let me know and I'll change. Also, If the party split up Rhaka would feel more safe heading to the warehouses with Baeleth, but if Baeleth wants to go with Val or if Verra wants to go with Rhaka she'd not object, too. Simply suggesting...[/Sblock]

Rhaka heads along to the warehouses, inviting any who did not go with Val. She assumed that Val's inquiries would take less time than her work with Kinjon at the warehouses, so she figured that Val could meet up with them when she was done. Once she arrives, she stops along the road often, giving Kinjon plenty of time to wander and sniff around. Any time someone appears to take objection to Kinjon being loose, Rhaka calls him over and apologizes if her badger was getting in the way.

unleashed

First Post
Baeleth Dawnmist, Male High Elf Swashbuckler

*Baeleth heads to the warehouses with Rhaka, feeling Valerie will be well protected while she is speaking with the guards.*

Bront

The man with the probe
Val, having gathered what information she could, heads back to find her friends. If it's close to dark, they should be hading back to the inn. Otherwise, she'll find them at the warehouses.

OOC: That's correct NLF. RA will let me know when I'm back.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Rhaka, Kinjon, and Baeleth sniff around warehouses for a while, constantly having to apologise to guards and workers because they look to be, as they actually are, sniffing around the warehouses with a badger. Unfortunately, by the time Val reaches them, Kinjon has yet to find the trail.*

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Rhaka speaks to Val as she approaches once she is close enough to speak in a normal voice without yelling, "Well, I hope that you have had better luck than we have. We haven't found a thing. You?"

Remove ads