Kit's Animals & Vermin + Templates = Sadistic Fun thread

Gothenem

Explorer
i whipped up this beastie. It's kinda nasty though. Be warned. I think the CR should be a bit higher though. The templates worked well together this time.

It's a Large Monstrous Scorpion (advanced to 9 HD) with the following Templates: Kaiju, Fiendish, Monster of Legend

SCORPION OF SET
Fiendish Kaiju Large Monstrous Scorpion of Legend
Colossal Outsider (Extraplanar, Native)
Hit Dice: 49d10+735 (955 hp)
Initiative: +6
Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares)
Armor Class: 44 (-8 size, +2 Dex, +40 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +49/+88
Attack: Claw +64 melee (3d6+23)
Full Attack: 2 claws +64 melee (3d6+23) and sting +63 melee (4d6+11 plus poison/19-20)
Space/Reach: 40 ft./30 ft.
Special Attacks: battle frenzy, constrict 3d6+34, desiccation ray, improved grab, improved trample 4d12+23, poison, smite good 3/day, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: damage reduction 15/epic, darkvision 120 ft., fast healing 23, immunity to desiccation, electricity and mind affecting effects, reflective resistance, resistance to acid 25, cold 10, fire 25, and sonic 25, SR 33, tremorsense 60 ft.
Saves: Fort +39, Ref +28, Will +19
Abilities: Str 57, Dex 14, Con 40, Int 4, Wis 12, Cha 26
Skills: Listen +15, Spot +15
Feats: Ability Focus (poison), Alertness, Cleave, Dire Charge, Empower Spell-like Ability (fireball), Extra Smiting, Fast Healing, Improved InitiativeB, Improved Natural Armor, Improved Natural Attack (sting), Improved Critical (sting), Improved Trample, MultiattackB, Penetrate Hardness, Power Attack, Quicken Spell-like Ability (fireball), Sandskimmer (x2), Weapon Focus (sting)
Environment: Nine Hells of Baator
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 23
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always lawful evil
Advancement: -
Level Adjustment: -

This enormous black scorpion looms above you, rearing in the sand while seeming not to sink into it. The creature's carapace seems to have a reddish tint to it. With an inhuman screech the creature lunges at you.

The Scorpion of Set is a powerful being, rumored to be the first scorpion Set saw. The deity then took the scorpion and molded it into an effective killing machine that has served Set faithfully for thousands of years.

Combat
The scorpion of set begins combat by trampling its foes into the ground with a quickened empowered fireball to boot. From there it will use its desiccation ray and physical attacks to subdue and destroy its opponents.
When possible, the Scorpion of Set will fight in loose sand so it can take advantage of its sandskimming. It does not hesitate to use its smite good attack on those who seem to shine with holy powers.
Battle Frenzy (Ex): When reduced to 25% hit points or less, the Scorpion of Set gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength and gains an additional claw attack at a -5 penalty.
Desiccation Ray (Su): Every 1d4 rounds, the Scorpion of Set can fire a desiccation ray that deals 15d6 points of desiccation damage on a successful ranged touch attack (+43 ranged touch).
Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, the Scorpion of Set must hit with a claw attack. If it hits, it can attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
Improved Trample (Ex): Reflex half DC 61, 4d12+23 damage, deals double damage to structures and opponents are not allowed an attack of opportunity.
Poison (Ex): DC 55, initial and secondary damage is 1d4 Con
Reflective Resistance (Su): Any spell that fails to beat the Scorpion of Set's Spell Resistance in reflected back at the caster.
Smite Good (Su): 3/day a Scorpion of Set can make a normal melee attack that deals an extra 20 points of damage to a good foe. This must be declared before the attack, and if the attack misses, or if the foe is not good, the use is wasted.
Spell-like Abilities (Sp): 3/day - empowered maximized fireball (DC 25)

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Gothenem said:
i whipped up this beastie. It's kinda nasty though. Be warned. I think the CR should be a bit higher though. The templates worked well together this time.

It's a Large Monstrous Scorpion (advanced to 9 HD) with the following Templates: Kaiju, Fiendish, Monster of Legend

SCORPION OF SET
<snip>
Very cool beastie. I'll be using this soon enough. Just curious: where is the kaiju template? Is it somewhere on the net?

Catapilla

First Post
i think its verrrrrry cool too gothenem however, if you wanna get your gods right, set is spelled seth lol apart from that its really cool. Well done :D
p.s you gotta love resurrected threads

Gothenem

Explorer
The Kaiju template is in a Dragon Magazine. A 3.0 one actually - The Oriental Adventures Dragon Magazine (#290 I think). I'm not at home, so I can't check.

Yes, but according to both Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting and Deities and Demigods, they call the god Set.

Kafkonia

First Post
Catapilla said:
i think its verrrrrry cool too gothenem however, if you wanna get your gods right, set is spelled seth lol apart from that its really cool. Well done :D
p.s you gotta love resurrected threads

I'm pretty sure the original worshippers didn't spell it either way. :p

Gothenem

Explorer
No actually, they didn't. Since they used Hiroglyphics (sp?) and spoke a completely different language. The best English translation is either Set or Seth. Possibly Seti. All have been used almost synonymously.

Either way, you get the idea ;)

Later tonight I'll post a couple of other buffed animals I made. And since I'm home now: The Dragon the Kaiju template is in is #289

Doc_Souark

Explorer
Krishnath said:
You are correct, you are a very sick man. Good work! :D

Thats the pot calling the kettle black Puff :), Kit I like your were-weasel, way better then mine but it was a 2nd ED conversion. Have you done any insect/ Mammal mutants ala the Howler Wasp from MM IV ?

Remove ads