Knight build and (mostly) mount options

Cameron

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
Extrapolating from "A centaur deals double damage with a lance" to "All quadrupeds can use the Ride-By Attack feat as though mounted" is something of a stretch, isn't it?

-Hyp.
Try the part where it says a Centaur can take feats normally reserved for mounted combatants *due to its shape*.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Cameron said:
Try the part where it says a Centaur can take feats normally reserved for mounted combatants *due to its shape*.

Is this the Centaur entry on p32 and 33 of the Monster Manual? Or somewhere else?

I'm either blind, or I'm looking in the wrong place, or we've got books that say different things, because I'm honestly not finding that sentence.

I see Weapon Focus (Hoof) and Dodge as the standard feats. I see a reference to double damage with a lance on a charge. I see under Centaurs as Characters that the racial hit dice give it two feats. But I don't see a reference to mounted feats when I read the Centaur entry in the MM.

-Hyp.

Drowbane

First Post
Races of Faerun started the "tauric creatures can use Spirited Charge and Trample feats, ignoring the normal prerequisites" thing (mentioned for both Centaurs and Wemics in that book... and I think a later book or two extended this to Bariaurs).

Remove ads