Knightfall's Gods of Harqual Story Hour [Updated: Jun 16/04]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hunter’s Rest
Larea, the Hunting Princess, walked the untamed, misty forests of Hunter’ Rest in solitude. The realm was covered in winter to match her mood. She often spent such time alone. The beasts of her realm could sense her pain, but none would attempt to console her. She was the Huntress of the North Gods; judging her moods was impossible, she was as likely to kill a beast as she was to accept comfort. No the beast knew to stay away.

Another did not fear her. He was her divine son, Hansa, God of Soldiers. He watched and waited for her to acknowledge him. Fore he too knew her melancholy, for it was his own as well.

“Hansa, my son.” Larea stopped next to a huge oak sitting down upon a fallen log. “Come and tell me what it is you have to say.”

She motioned for him to sit with her as the log turned into a finely crafted rustic-looking wooden bench. Not that a mortal would find it so, as the divine energy that had reshaped made it more than masterwork in quality.

“Mother,” Hansa walked over and sat down next to his still grieving matron. “I bring great news. Jalivier ‘s armies destroyed Gaoterlog. Amand is dead, Anon is free!”

“Joy! Oh joy!” Hansa watched as his mother’s godly spirit lifted for the first time since Anacoro and Anon died, so close together. Her realm brightened and the cold winter broke. The realm’s sun shone through the clouds for the first time in cycles. “Can it be true. Oh Anon, be at peace. Finally, be at peace.”

Hela appeared in her mother’s realm a moment later.

“No fair, I wanted to tell her.” Hela crossed her arms and began to pout.

“Hela dear, it doesn’t matter who told me. The joy we feel alone should be enough.” Larea had prayed for this day to come for longer than she could remember. Her godson was free of Hiisi’s evil godson. “I only wish Anacoro were here.”

“Father,” Hela’s face became painfully sad at the mention of her father. She had watched in horror as Hiisi’s Dark Children had torn him apart. Losing both him and Anon had hurt so much, but not as much as it had hurt her mother.
“Anon, is with him in the Twilight. They will comfort each other now.” Hansa put his arm around his twin sister, as sat down next to him. “We must remain strong for them, Hela.”

“And for each other.” Larea spoke the words but her heart wasn’t with them. She had lost her husband and eldest godson in a mere moment, for a god. Hunter’s Rest had become so forlorn after they had died. She had tried to remain strong for her followers and for Hansa and Hela. However, as time passed her heart had grown more cold and sorrowful.

“Mother, you really should come and visit with the other’s in Citadel of Light more often. It would do you good and grandfather misses your wise council.” It was a touchy subject, as Larea had almost completely isolated herself.

“I couldn’t in the past. Anon was so on my mind. I couldn’t let it go that Amand had his godsoul. But now, now things might be different. We shall see, my son.” Larea patted Hansa on the knee looking around at her realm.
The snow had stopped falling and the sky was clearing. The beasts had moved in all around them, but still hesitant to come closer. The warmth was slowly returning. Larea smiled at a faun that came up next to Hela. Her Huntress instinct was more at peace now. Anon was free.

“Take care of our son, Anacoro.” Larea thought the words inside her heart.
Mother, daughter, and son sat in silence, for nearly a mortal’s hour, holding each other.

A branch snapped as the God of the Wilderness appeared out of the mist. His arrive sent the more timid beasts scurrying back to their holes. Seraph was half elf, half barbarian. He was wild and untamed in manner and appearance.

“She already knows, Seraph.” Hansa did not see the dire expression on his cousin’s face.

“I’m not about Gaoterlog, Hansa.”

“What is it, Seraph? What’s wrong?” Larea stood to greet the Bloodbrother.

“Huntress, there is trouble on Harqual.” Seraph’s tone was grim.

Larea’s heart sunk in anticipation of what was obviously bad news. Seraph spoke, Larea sighed, and it began to snow again.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
In the Grey Waste
Druaga looked out upon the mass of demons and fiendish mercenaries gathering at the edge of his realm, Retreat of the Fallen. He felt a sense of pride and grim satisfaction in his ability to gather so many fiends in the service of the Lord of Darkness.

The fields in front of him were filled with demons, as well as daemon mercenaries. Their services bought with hard earn larvae from Druaga’s personal horde, as well as a great deal paid for in coin and blood. The God of Vile Summoning was proud of his followers for helping compile the army of fiends.

All was set for the invasion of the Upper Planes. Hiisi’s plan was bold and fierce. Many lives would be lost, on both sides. Druaga believed in the Dark One. So much so he had all but severed his ties with the Gods of Babylon. They were a dying pantheon anyway, a fate, which Druaga was inclined to avoid.

He had petitioned to join the Sword Gods, having to prove himself loyal to Hiisi, over and over again.

“Druaga, I see you’ve been true to your word.” The Lord of Darkness appeared behind the Dark Conjurer.

“Lord Hiisi,” Druaga turned bowing to the Dark One. “Your fiendish army awaits your command.”

“You will lead these fiends into battle, Druaga, not me. I will come to the field of battle once the North Gods have been properly cowed by our strength. Then I will tear the godsoul from Cronn’s dying form.”

“Where am I to take them?” Druaga had known his liege would not risk himself so early in the battle. To Druaga, it was a good tactic. He would do the same thing and not just out of self-preservation.

“The conflict will be on the shores of Lunia.” Hiisi watched, as Druaga’s personal daemon commanders and proxies put the more disciplined yugoloth mercenaries in charge of the multitude of demons. “I have discovered a unique portal, which links the Outlands to Lunia.”

“I have many portals leading from my realm to the Outlands, Dark One. You but need point me in the right direction and I will set your army loose upon the Upper Planes.”

Hiisi silently sent a mental picture of the Outland portal’s location, as well as his instructions for the Dark Conjurer. Druaga howled out to his yugoloth commanders to move out. The army began to shout in anticipation. Hundreds column of fiends began to move, in broken unison. Hiisi shifted away, as the first column of fiends reached and past through the portal to the Outlands.

Druaga shifted his main Avatar to the Outlands to supervise the amassing of fiendish troops on the other side of the portal. Hiisi’s captured portal was less than a day away, even for the army of fiends. He knew that once there, he and his army were to wait until Teve and Emcey came to the field.

The two Dark Children would meet Druaga near the portal to Lunia, their best followers in tow, as well as an army of mercenaries brought together by Emcey’s followers. Then the three of them would lead the first vanguard through the portal to capture a foothold on the shores of Lunia.

Druaga smiled at the thought of his fiends pouring through the portal to Celestia. The denizens of the Upper Planes would not soon forget the battle to come.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
In the Seelie Court
“I absolutely love it here!” Euphoria was giddy as a mortal.

Damh had introduced her the wonders of the Sylvan Court over a cycle ago and she had not left since. Titania had welcomed her with open arms and had called her lovely and charming. She was thrilled by Damh’s choice for a consort.

When Titania had first learned that Damh had fallen in love with a barbarian princess, she was mortified. She had envisioned some uncouth goddess that would have growled and spit at anyone who came near her. Not some beautiful little spring of a girl with laughter like sunshine and full of such happiness. Yes, Damh had chosen a fine goddess as his bride.

Titania watched as her knew step-goddaughter danced with a group of fairies and was amazed at her stamina. She was actually wearing them out. Little Kip, one of Titania’ s dearest pixies was leaning against a tree trying to catch his breath. The little pixie huffed and puffed a few times and he looked like he had just crossed the Outlands in less than a single moon that mortals called a day.

“Again, Kip, again!” Euphoria ran up to Kip bouncing up and down gleefully.

The little pixie’s eyes rolled back as he toppled over into a little heap, exhausted and quite unconscious. Titania started giggling at the sight. Even her dear Oberon was having trouble keeping his dignity.

“Ooh, hoo hoo, he passed out!” Puck was literally roaring as the scene unfolded.

“Oh poor little Kip.” Euphoria sighed and went back to playing with the others, chasing the fairies through the trees and meadows of the Seelie Court.

Puck and Euphoria danced together for hours before Puck finally let someone else cut in. He ran up to Damh standing next to Oberon’s throne.

“Damh, where did you find this enchanting young thing?” Puck was bouncing up and down in excitement.

“I told you, she’s part of the new pantheon I joined.” Damh couldn’t understand why Puck couldn’t seem to remember anything he told him.

“Does she have a sister?” Puck was grinning from ear to ear.

“No,” Damh wasn’t surprised. Puck loved beautiful goddesses, not to mention mortals. “But she does have a cousin, Hela. Unfortunately she is already pledged to an Olympian, Apollo.”

“It doesn’t matter, I’m having more fun since she’s been here then I've ever had before!” The Jester God of the Seelie Court was literally bouncing up and down with joy.

“Pace yourself, Puck,” Oberon had never seen him like this – ever. “She’s going to wear you out like she did little Kip over there.”

“She already did, I'm just starting to get my second wind.” Puck looked at Kip and started laughing.

“Puck!” The Jester God turned to see Euphoria run up to him trailing exhausted fairies behind her. A few of the more worn out ones hit the ground and didn’t get up. “I’ll race you to the edge of the Seelie Court.”

“You're on, one, two…” Without saying three the Jester God took off on Euphoria, laughing the whole way.

“Why that little cheater, I’ll show him.” Before Puck was out of sight, Euphoria had passed him.

“Amazing,” Oberon shook his in disbelief. “I’ve never seen anyone outrun Puck before. I’m literally in awe of your consort Damh.”

Damh smiled to himself and felt his heart soar at the approval of his Lord. It was almost impossible to please Oberon in any way.

“She has become everything to me. Titania my queen, I am planning to spend more time with her kin, if that’s all right?”

“Of course my son. Whatever makes you happy.”

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The Hordes of the Sword Gods
Teve watched as his army of dark soldiers marched, across the Outlands, in unison with the pounding of rhythmic sound of war drums. He wondered at the flowing pennants showcasing his standard, a black great helm with red glowing eyes on a blood-red field.

The god known as The Dark Warrior licked his jagged teeth at the thought of laying low the gods of the Pantheon of the North. He laughed at the thought of burning away the flesh of his enemies’ followers, especially the celestials. He would torment them all.

“What is so funny, brother.” Emcey, Teve’s chaotic brother stood next to him looking disgusted.

“Just imagining eating the heart of a deva while the creature looks on. I take it that look on your ugly face is meant for my followers.” Teve glared at the Lawbreaker with intense loathing.

Teve and Emcey were like opposite sides of the same coin. Both were capable generals with hordes of devoted warrior followers. However, Teve believed in order on the battlefield, while Emcey relished carnage. One lawful, one chaotic, but both loyal, dark gods to Hiisi. That loyalty was the only thing that kept them from each other’s throats.

“You have to ask,” Emcey felt sick just looking at the orderly lines of soldiers marching in unison. “How you hope to strike fear into the hearts of our enemies with this rabble, is beyond me.”

“Do not forget your place, Emcey!” Teve growled at his younger brother. “I am the War God now, as Amand was before me. Dark Father chose me because he believes in the order I will bring on the battlefield. My order!”

“You delude yourself, brother.” Emcey had at least respected Amand. “You were chosen for your dog-like need to please your master.”

“Silence!” Teve began to draw his dark, divine weapon.

“Hold!” Druaga’s Avatar appeared between the two Dark Children. "Remember you fools, you are suppose to be allies. Hiisi would skin you both if he caught you bickering like this."

“I am the War God, Druaga!” Teve stood defiantly in front of the God of Vile Summoning. “You and your chaotic horde of demons and daemons are mine to command. Although, I would much rather have the services of army of devils. Now, that is true power and order.”

“Do not push your luck, whelp.” Druaga stared down the newly appoint War God of the Sword. “You haven’t proven anything yet.”

“Ha, you tell him Druaga.” Emcey laughed.

“You shut up, you smug little bastard.” Druaga cuffed Emcey for his insolent tongue. “You aren’t any better. Teve is right, you should know your place little god.”

Teve smiled but said nothing.

“Now, I do hope you have done as your Dark Father has commanded, Emcey. Where is your army of mercenaries?”

A horn sounded in the distance. An army of the most brutish and vile mercenaries ever seen came into view. They rode huge beasts of war and marched in a ragged mass of chaos. No two sentient beings wore the same colors. It was a beautiful sight to the Lawbreaker.

“My warriors have to go into battle with that ragtag mob?” Teve shook his head in disgust.

“Bite your tongue, Teve. Good mercenaries are hard to buy. And these are the best and most cruel my followers could find. They will follow orders, as long as they are compensated.

“Impressive,” Druaga understood Emcey, for they were more similar than the Dark Conjurer would ever admit. “I hope they’ve already spent their compensation, on the things mortals seem to covet. For many of them won’t survive.”

Druaga tuned back to the two Dark Children.

“Now, I sincerely hope that both of you and your followers will be at the portal leading to Celestia at the designated time. I would hate to have to report such a… failure to your Dark Father. I will be waiting, whelps.” Druaga’s Avatar shifted away to perform another task vital for the conflict to come.

The two Sword Gods ordered their generals to push the gathering horde of soldiers and mercenaries to move faster. They would march their followers to death before risking the wrath of their Dark Father.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The Counsel of the Sky Traveler
Lokun sat in silence on his throne in Winter’s Hall. He didn’t know what he was going to do. If it was true, it would change everything. It had to be a mistake. She wouldn’t betray him like that or would she? Lokun sometimes wished he’d never come to Harqual to petition Cronn to let him join the North Gods.

Several frost giant females moved around the room clearing away the previous night’s revelry. They made sure to give the North God of Mischief and Fire a wide berth. He moods had become more and more unpredictable.

Now, more than ever.

Lokun had a good reason but he wasn’t about to share it with his mortal followers. He stood up and then stepped down from the ornate throne he had conjured to try and improve his mood. With a thought he sent the throne to nonexistence.

“It cannot be true,” Lokun walked out of Winter’s Hall into the frigid wind of Hougard, his island realm in the North Sea. The island stood out from the rest of the frozen wastes north of Harqual due to its divine nature. No mortal could set foot on Hougard unless the Sky Traveler willed it.

“Lokun, I must speak with you.” Jaeger wasn’t a mortal, however.

“What do you want, Jaeger?” Lokun would never admit he liked Cronn’s favorite godson. “Can’t you see I’m busy.”

“Uh, you’ve been walking around your realm mumbling to yourself like a mad mortal for cycles. What is bothering you so much?”

“Nothing I care to share with you, boy.” If Lokun had a gut, it would have been tied in knots. How could he ever tell any of them? “Now, what did you want to ask me? And make it quick.”

“Do you remember when I was young when you told me the story about the Halls?” The God of Honor hoped he was right.

“Are you telling me that you came all the way to Hougard too reminisce about old wise tales? Do not waste my time, Jaeger.” Lokun shook his head in disgust.

“Were they true?” Jaeger persisted. “Do the Halls really exist?”

“Why do want to know?” Lokun stared with concern for his adopted nephew.

“Just tell me.”

“Yes, the halls are real.” Lokun hoped Jaeger wasn’t planning anything, stupid.

“How do I find them?” Jaeger knew the risk he was planning to take wouldn’t sit well with the others. He just had to hope that Lokun wouldn’t try to stop him.

“You’re not actually thinking of trying to enter the Halls are you? What possible reason-” Lokun stopped s it came to him. “You’re nuts if you think I’m going to let you go there alone to see him.”

“I know you won’t enter the Halls. It is forbidden for the Asgard.” Jaeger had to try and convince Lokun. “I know what I’m doing, Lokun. I just need you to tell me how to find it, how to get in, and how to not get obliterated.”

“It’s crazy! What are you up to?” Lokun was suspicious by nature and could not help himself.

“Nothing I care to share with you, Lokun.” Jaeger hated to leave his uncle in the dark.

“The God of Honor with secrets. That is something I would have never have believed.” There was more Jaeger than the Sky Traveler had given the boy credit for. “Very well, walk with me and I’ll tell you everything you need to know about the Halls. Just don’t expect me to come and rescue you if you get caught.”

“Agreed.” Jaeger walked beside his uncle. “And you won’t tell my father a thing. Agreed?”

“It’s your funeral.” Lokun wondered what the God of Honor was hiding.

They strode through the snow of Hougard, the icy northern winds blowing around them. The two gods walked and talked in comfort, however, as such mortal conditions did not cling to their divine garments or damage their godly forms.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Where the Beastlands and the Seelie Court meet
Euphoria and Puck were matching each other’s stride, step for step laughing the whole way. They moved deeper and deeper into the woods of the Seelie Court losing fairy after fairy to exhaustion or to the occasional tree branch.

They were alone, as they passed through the barrier where the Seelie Court ended and the Beastlands began Euphoria in the lead. The deities turned to face each other, both insisting that they won.

“No way, I beat you fair and square.” Euphoria was having the time of her existence.

“Ah come on, no one beats me in a race. I have a reputation to think of. What if Erevan finds out? He’ll never let me live it down.”

“To bad, you lost.”

“Oh all right, I’ll struggle by somehow.” The two started sauntering back towards the barrier of the Seelie Court.

The two had no idea the danger lurking beyond in the Beastlands. Xuar came out of nowhere slamming into Puck, sending the little Jester God flying.

“Well, well, two for the price of one. How fortunate, for me.”

Puck watched in horror as the Jealous Arcane grabbed Euphoria by the throat pumping balefire into her. She screamed.

Puck could feel his heart breaking. Normally, he wouldn’t challenge such a powerful god on his own. But there was no way he would just leave Euphoria. She was family now. No, more than that – she was becoming his friend.

“You let her go!” Oberon would be in shock if he had heard Puck's voice. He was mad, real mad. “Don’t think I can’t hurt you Xuar, I might not be a Greater God, but I’m still one of the Old Gods.”

“You’re going to be dead Old God faster than a mortal lives and dies.” Xuar tossed aside Euphoria and pounced on the sylvan demigod.

Puck knew he was no match for Xuar but had hoped that he could buy Euphoria some time to escape the Jealous Arcane. Instead she lay motionless on the ground, her power slipping away. Xuar pounded Puck into the ground once, twice, and then a third time. One more blow would kill him for sure but Xuar hesitated.

“Tell you what you old fairy, I’ll let you live. Just so you can suffer along with Damh at the loss of this little one. I’m sure he’ll forgive you but the question is, can you forgive yourself?” Xuar grabbed the Goddess of Happiness by her long hair and held her up so that the broken Jester God could see her. Xuar cackled the whole time then shifted away the Beastlands, taking Euphoria.

Puck watched, helpless to do anything. He had never cried before in his existence but tears now streamed from his eyes. “Euphoria, no…” Puck choked the words out rasping horribly. “Damh, I am so sorry.”

A few hours later, the fairies found him lying there his divine body, and spirit, broken.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The Sword Strikes into Celestia
Kuil had heard the rumors of a planned invasion by the Sword Gods, but not even Cronn would have suspected this. Kuil watched in disbelief as dark soldiers, mercenaries, and fiends came through a portal from somewhere in the Outlands.

Jalivier had asked his son to find out as much as he could about the ‘rumored’ invasion and where it was to strike. The God of Rogues and Illusion had sent his followers to spy on the Sword Gods followers to gather as much information as possible.

There efforts, as well as the god’s own abilities had led Kuil to the first layer of Celestia, Lunia. Now, his primary Avatar watched from behind a powerful illusion, while another stood with Jalivier in the Citadel of Light.

“There are hundreds of thousands of them, father.” Kuil was worried about the many communities located on the edge of the shores of Lunia.

Many of the communities' champions had rode out to meet the initial group of evil soldiers to come through the portal. Soon, thousands of mercenaries had poured through as well and some of Lunia’s greatest heroes, both mortal and petitioner, quickly fell to the hordes.

“Hiisi has been busy,” Jalivier stood next to Cull, Inanna, and Cronn in the Great Hall of the Citadel of Light, as well as his son’s Avatar. “This is sooner than expected. We will not have time to gather a united force.”

“We cannot just take the field like a bunch of chaotic sellswords.” Cull had been more than a little upset that Jalivier had attacked Gaoterlog without him. “No offense to you Great Cronn.”

“None taken, my friend.” Cronn was the de facto head of the pantheon but he knew the wisdom in allowing the more lawful members of the North Gods to do the strategic planning.

“Normally, I would agree with you.” Jalivier looked over the dimensional strategies floating between him, Cull and Inanna. “However, it seems we are needed on Lunia now, not later.”

“Jalivier is right, we must bring our own followers to the first layer of the Seven Heavens as soon as possible. We will work out strategies as we go.”

“Hmm,” Cull immediately saw the potential of more dynamic, yet well defined strategies. “This could be an interesting challenge indeed.”

“Always the optimist,” Kuil watched both the armies of the Sword Gods and the events in the Citadel, as easily as a mortal would walk the ground. “The armies seem to be in two camps. The fiends present are mainly demons but there are some daemons as well.”

“Yugoloths,” Inanna, with only a thought, added the daemon factor into the dimensional strategies Cull was developing. “We’re going to need everyone who can muster up their forces in this battle.”

“Agreed,” Jalivier opened a portal from his realm in the second layer of Celestia to Lunia. “I am taking my strongest followers with me. They will fight to the end.”

“Yes,” Cronn transferred his primary Avatar to Celestia next to the opening portal that the Defender of the Light had opened. “But whose end?”

Jalivier’s followers poured from the portal in the hundreds of thousands. Soon the other North Gods were given the word and a multitude of portals opened onto the first layer of Celestia. The opposing portal from the outlands opened again and more Sword followers strode out of the surf and onto the shore. The fiends gritted their teeth as the pure waters of Oceanus burned their bodies but still they came, in hope of blood and chaos.

The followers of both pantheons gathered opposite of each other, as more and more warriors and Outsiders came to the field of battle. The citizens of Lunia scrambled for safety as the dark followers of the Sword Gods advanced to lay claim to as much of the shore as they could possible hold.

“Kuil, help as many of them escape as you can.” Cronn would not let innocents be slaughtered if he could help it.

“I will do my best grandfather.” Kuil shifted away.

Cronn wondered if the other gods of Celestia would finally take notice of the threat, which the Pantheon of the Swords represented.

“Probably not,” Cronn called out to his followers on the mortal plane. “I will not force you to fight. I ask you to come and defend those that cannot.”

Cronn knew Kuil and his followers would need the help.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Moments Later…
The Hunting Princess arrived at the Citadel of Light with her children and Seraph to find only the God of Oaths and Contracts working at Oathtaker.

“Truce, where is everyone?” Hansa looked around at the empty citadel.

“They have gone to meet Hiisi’s army massing near Oceanus’s edge in Lunia.” The scholar god looked up from his desk.

“Already. Damn it, why wasn’t I informed of this.”

“I am not a God of Messengers, Hansa – besides why don’t you ask your mother why.”

“Mother?” Hansa looked at his mother.

“I’ve lost a husband and my eldest godson, did you expect me to just stand idly by while my last remaining godson runs off to war with his grandfather?” Tears welled up in the goddess’s eyes.

“I don’t believe it, you asked grandfather to leave me behind. How could you do that?”

“I-I’m sorry.”

“Let it go Hansa.” Seraph stepped between the two. “There’s nothing you can do about it now. We must go to Harqual at once and deal with Deltum and Enduma. Only we two can stop them now.”

“Hmm, what’s this you say?” Truce looked up from his writing.

Hansa slammed his hands down on Truce’s desk.

“Deltum and Enduma are causing havoc on Harqual. There are tornadoes and volcanic eruptions everywhere. The mortals, our friends, are dying. If you spent more time fighting and less time looking at scrolls you might feel something for the pain they are going through.”

“Hansa!” Hela was shocked by her brother’s word. “It is not your place to say such things. Truce cares just as much as the rest of us.”

“How was I suppose to know that?” Truce had his head down with his arms over his head. Hansa’s words had hurt him badly. He was still very young, even for a god.

“I’m sorry cousin. Hela’s right, you care just as much as the rest of us. I am a fool.”

“It’s all right, you simply care more than most. Truce looked up at his cousin, smiling with tears in his eyes. “You are truly our grandfather’s grandson. I on the other hand-”

“Enough.” Seraph couldn’t stand much more of this. “Hansa you are not a fool and Truce you are not a coward. As we speak, mortals are dying. I am going to Harqual, alone if I must.”

Seraph walked away from the rest, one thought on his mind – dealing with the Sword God twins. Hansa stepped in behind his uncle looking at his mother the whole way.

“Be careful.”

“I will mother, do not worry so. It’s just the dark twins. They may be evil but they're babies at heart.”

“I’m coming with you.” Everyone was shocked to see Truce get up from Oathtaker and walk to where his cousin was standing.

Truce never left his desk.

“Truce, you don’t have to do this.” Hansa was genuinely worried about his scholarly cousin.

“Don’t worry about me Hansa. I’m not going to fight. But I am going to help. The mortals that are suffering could use my help. I can heal those that need it. I can ease the minds of those I can’t. Ensuring them that they will find rest in Hade's Underrealm.”

“Very well,” Hansa was still not sure but if anything did happen, Truce would know to shift back to the Outer Planes immediately.

“I’m coming too.”

“Hela, no I won’t let you.” Larea's heart sank at her daughter’s words.

“Mother, I am a complete goddess now. I don’t need your permission and Truce will need my help. I am going, period.”

The Huntress backed away in horror, the thought of losing both her remaining children too much to bear. She shifted away without a word.

“Hela, for once I agree with mother. This is not a good idea.”

“You can’t protect me from the universe, Hansa. Anon is gone, there was nothing you could do to save him.”

Hansa remembered it well. Amand had surprised them, attacking from out of nowhere. No honor, no remorse. Hansa had tried to warn his older brother but Amand cut his elder brother down before he could speak, stealing Anon’s essence through the power of his blade. Amand had just stood there laughing at him. Then he shifted away when Hansa had challenged him. He could still hear the dark god laughing at him.

“All right, but stay safe.”

“Excuse me, mortals are dying, mortals are dying!” Seraph was not a patient god. His heritage made sure of that. Quick to react and even quicker to temper. Some said that Seraph was the Beastlands' incarnate.

The four barbarian gods shifted to the World of Kulan to meet the dark twins and Fate.

Last edited:

Remove ads