• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Knights of the Old Republic: The Last of the Sith(Master Kanas' Group)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Durindal s'Tarren, Human Jedi Guardian

Tate said:
"Yeah, Dark. Lots and lots of dark."
"I thought you liked the dark . . . ," Durindal teased, but the last word tone changed in the middle of uttering it. Instinctively, his hand went to his lightsaber as he spun slowly around in place in the clearing.

"Someone . . . something is coming . . . almost hiding, maybe dangerous," Durindal said cautiously, "I'm just not certain from where . . . I know that sounds silly, but . . . ."

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
"No it doesn't sound silly... I was just thinking the same thing." Tate puts her back to Durindal's as he spins in the clearing, her hand goes to her blaster as she scans the surrounding area again. "It sounds like footsteps bearing almost no weight..." Tate remarks as she listens closer to the night and the forest.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Durindal s'Tarren, Human Jedi Guardian

Tate said:
"No it doesn't sound silly... I was just thinking the same thing." Tate puts her back to Durindal's as he spins in the clearing, her hand goes to her blaster as she scans the surrounding area again.
Durindal felt the familiar presense of Tate at his back as he spun through the clearing. It reminded him of that time back in the deserted warehouse, the clues were a ruse to draw them out into -
Tate said:
"It sounds like footsteps bearing almost no weight..." Tate remarks as she listens closer to the night and the forest.
"That sounds like . . . ," Durindal concentrated for a moment, bring up his ability to See Force. " . . . some serious stealth, perhaps using the Force."

'I should really work on my sense skills. . . I'm terrible at them,' Durindal thought, then concentrated on being positive.

OOC: See Force +1

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
Tate does not reply. With her back still to his she merely nods. I hate waiting.... She lets her mind wonder for a moment. Taking a deep breath she steadies herself and calms her mind.

drothgery

First Post
On the off chance that something's there, and we just can't see it... Aerek drew his lightsaber, though like the others, he didn't activate it yet.

"There's really only one way to go." Aerek said, though he expected something to jump out at any time as he walked down the hall, following behind Skyka's point.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Skyka Tarkrak: Human/Female (Force Adept 1/ Jedi Guardian 6)

“I agree,” Skyka, who had paused only long enough to see if the others would follow, answered as she continued to wait on the two nonhumans.

deadestdai

First Post
Bud'd was indeed behind the humans having no other choices but to follow if they were to go deeper into the temple. She offered Skyka an affirming nod when the Jedi turned to make sure she was following.

Crash Group:

Dunrindal did manage to pick up something in the Force...but it came a bit late. Or, from another point of view, right in time. Right in time, that is, to direct him to spin around to the north and see movement in the trees very nearby. Tate was also able to catch sight of this, and both of you heard it very clearly.

Whatever it was, it wasn't very good at keeping quiet or sneaking around. But a moment later, it seemed to realize that its bad attempt at concealment had failed. So, rather quickly and even more loudly, it stepped out of the darkness to face you.

What you saw most closely resembled a human, but in the darkness and the dark robes that looked to cover the figure, it was very hard to tell where the figure ended and the darkness began. You could, however, easily see a bright metal blade shining in the starlight at his left side, and another odd gauntlet-like object that was around his right arm...and was raising up to 'aim' at the two of you.

((Initiative time. Durindal 3. Tate 18. Attacker 10. Order is Tate, Attacker, then Durindal...actions?))

Jedi Group:

Heading carefully for the door on the opposite side of the hallway, the uneasy emptiness of the room continued...until you completely passed by the empty guard section. In the back corner, hidden from your view as you entered, was one of the Sith War Droids. Execpt it wasn't moving. It wasn't moving, and it was missing the left arm that normally had a sword attached. Its head also looked about ready to fall off if given a nice tap.

But before you were able to examine it beyond a simple once-over with your eyes, a horribly loud alarm began to blare in a constant shriek. Again and again it went on, though the door in front of you didn't open...but you did start to hear a very loud, very heavy mechanical moving sound just outside the room. It sounded so heavy that the mountain itself could have been getting up and walking off.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Durindal s'Tarren, Human Jedi Guardian VP: 47/50

Durendal smiled, pleased that his sensing ability was worked, though the smile lasted only for a moment. Seeing the person raise his arm in an attack posture, Durindal moved 5' away from Tate.

"What . . . not even a hello?" Durindal asked the person as he steeled himself for a possible attack. He barely resisted attacking first. 'Follow the code diplomacy first, combat only as a last resort,' Durindal reminded himself.

OOC: 5' Adjust, Move Action: Battlemind +10, Attack action: Enhance Ability (Dex) +11. Using minimum of 5 vps. Lightsaber: not activated.

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
Tate shifts her weight as Durindal moves to give them some room to manuver. She raises her blaster to meet the stranger's face. "Well, what do we have here?" She keeps her voice light and friendly. Holding her aim steady she smiles at the thing in black. "Why, don't you lower your arm and speak up?" It was more of a command then a question.

Remove ads