• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Knowledge devotion and Healing mechanics..

animewatcha

First Post
Knowledge devotion. A powerful feat for melee and ranged alike. Insight bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls. One question I have is for the damage rolls. Is it one bonus like for a 1d8 weapon? Or can it be applied for more die like a 2d6 weapon ( benefiting twice for 2 die rolls )?

Can knowledge devotion be applied to the healing aspects of healing spells? I.e. 'knowledge check of companions' for like cure light wounds to do 1d8 + cl + KDbonus? If so, applied once or multiple dice (cure critical to apply it 4 times? )

If knowledge devotion can be applied to healing, what about something like this? Sacred Purification – Feat – D&D Tools . Would KD add to the amount that Sacred purification healed?

Also, with healing things that involves stat-based modifiers. Would say something like circlet of persuasion benefit something like sacred purification?

Nebten

First Post
Knowledge devotion: I gives a bonus to the total damage roll, not individual dice that make up the damage roll. If your bonus is +2, it would be 1d8+2 or 3d6+2.

No you cannot use KD for healing spells to heal your companions since you are neither attacking them or damaging them.

KD and Sacred purifaction do not benifit one another.

Sacred purification only heals hit points, not ability score damage/drain. Circle ot persuasion does not increase your Cha score, therefore it will not adjust the amount healed from Sacred purfication. A Cloak of Charasima +2/4/6 would increase your Cha score, those increase the amount heald from Sacred purification.

(For those who want to know Knowledge Devotion is from Complete Champion & Sacred purification is from PHB II)

Sekhmet

First Post
Knowledge devotion: I gives a bonus to the total damage roll, not individual dice that make up the damage roll. If your bonus is +2, it would be 1d8+2 or 3d6+2.

No you cannot use KD for healing spells to heal your companions since you are neither attacking them or damaging them.

Sacred purification only heals hit points, not ability score damage/drain. Circle ot persuasion does not increase your Cha score, therefore it will not adjust the amount healed from Sacred purfication. A Cloak of Charasima +2/4/6 would increase your Cha score, those increase the amount heald from Sacred purification.

(For those who want to know Knowledge Devotion is from Complete Champion & Sacred purification is from PHB II)

Nail on the head.

So, would KD work for healing spells used to damaged undead? Seeing as how they become an attack in that instance, and deal damage rather than heal.

And, if that precedence is set, then why couldn't KD work for normal healing?

(I haven't read up on it yet, this is just the first thing that came to mind, and something I could see someone arguing about.)

Sekhmet

First Post
So, would KD work for healing spells used to damaged undead? Seeing as how they become an attack in that instance, and deal damage rather than heal.

And, if that precedence is set, then why couldn't KD work for normal healing?

(I haven't read up on it yet, this is just the first thing that came to mind, and something I could see someone arguing about.)

KD doesn't say it works on healing, so it doesn't work on healing. Nothing to argue about.
It doesn't say that it only works on damage dealt if the source is not a Cure or Inflict spell, so if you're dealing damage with those spells, apply the bonus.

Last edited:

Remove ads