Kobold Press' MIDGARD Campaign Setting For 5E & Pathfinder

Over on Kickstarter, Kobold Press has launched an updated version of their Midgard campaign setting for D&D 5th Edition and the Pathfinder RPG. It's already funded, and consists of a 300+ page campaign setting book, plus separate supplemental books for each game system, and a book of short 5E adventures. For those not already familiar with Midgard, it has been around for a few years in various incarnations, and describes itself as "a world of dark roads and deep magic, firmly rooted in European myths and legends". You'll find the Kickstarter here.

Over on Kickstarter, Kobold Press has launched an updated version of their Midgard campaign setting for D&D 5th Edition and the Pathfinder RPG. It's already funded, and consists of a 300+ page campaign setting book, plus separate supplemental books for each game system, and a book of short 5E adventures. For those not already familiar with Midgard, it has been around for a few years in various incarnations, and describes itself as "a world of dark roads and deep magic, firmly rooted in European myths and legends". You'll find the Kickstarter here.

midgard.jpeg

There are a few options for backers. Most people seem to be going for the 5E Basic Books Combo for $80 so far, which gets you the campaign setting hardcover, the Heroes Handbook hardcover, and the PDF versions of each. There's a lot more info about Midgard over here on Kobold Press' website.

Monkey King

Explorer
Thank you WotC for Supporting Midgard/OGL

No such thing are linking too often! (And besides, we're on page 2 of the thread here)

The project just hit the $80K mark, adding a chunk of new racial options for dwarves and trollkin. It has already funded 3 Eldritch Lairs, and more are on the way.

I'm very grateful to WotC for their support of the Midgard setting with the podcast and OGL. A couple days in and we're well on our way.

jamesjhaeck

Explorer
Those stretch goals are definitely keeping me busy! The more Eldritch Lairs dungeons you guys fund, the better. I'm quite proud of them.

Raddu

Explorer
Time for a sneak peek! Chapter 3 of the Midgard Heroes Handbook offers more than a dozen new clerical domains for 5th Edition clerics. Here we give a quick summary of what 11 of those domains cover and the channel divinity option available to their adherents.

Domains sneak peeks include: Apocalypse, Beer, Cat, Clockwork, Hunger, Hunting, Labyrinth, Moon, Ocean, Prophecy, and Speed.

What are the other new domains, and what powers might they provide? Let the rampant speculation begin!

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...tting-dark-roads-and-deep-magic/posts/1795402

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I'm looking forward to seeing the moon and ocean domains. Ocean domain in particular I felt was missing from the PHB. I want my god of the ocean clerics to feel different from my sky god clerics. The other domains also sound interesting.

Monkey King

Explorer
The $100K additions really take the book into a new class. And we have a slew of Deep Magic being added to the player's book.

Personally, I have my sights set on the DM's Screen when we hit 1,000 backers. Currently a 3 panel, landscape screen is the plan. Anyone have strong feelings about landscape vs portrait? Or 3 panel vs. 4 panel?

ProgBard

First Post
Personally, I have my sights set on the DM's Screen when we hit 1,000 backers. Currently a 3 panel, landscape screen is the plan. Anyone have strong feelings about landscape vs portrait? Or 3 panel vs. 4 panel?

I really like the four-panel landscape screens GF9 has been putting out for 5e - they're wide enough to spread out as needed but can be accommodated at a crowded table, and they're not so tall that I can't reach over to get to the battle mat.

arjomanes

Explorer
I'm really on the fence. I love my Midgard Campaign Setting book; I backed many of the adventures back in the Open Design days (except for the super early ones like Castle Shadowcrag), and I play 5e. It's not hard to convert what I have to 5e on the fly, so for me, it's a decision on how much more meaningful content gets added to the setting. If I back this, I'll probably want to spend a lot of money on it. So I'm still dragging my feet while I decide what level to back at.

If you're new to the world, it's very creative and unique, but still rich and authentic-feeling. I love the eastern-european vibe from the Zobeck region, and the idea of cultural pantheons and masked gods.

Remove ads

Remove ads