• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kobold Press' MIDGARD Campaign Setting For 5E & Pathfinder

Over on Kickstarter, Kobold Press has launched an updated version of their Midgard campaign setting for D&D 5th Edition and the Pathfinder RPG. It's already funded, and consists of a 300+ page campaign setting book, plus separate supplemental books for each game system, and a book of short 5E adventures. For those not already familiar with Midgard, it has been around for a few years in various incarnations, and describes itself as "a world of dark roads and deep magic, firmly rooted in European myths and legends". You'll find the Kickstarter here.

Over on Kickstarter, Kobold Press has launched an updated version of their Midgard campaign setting for D&D 5th Edition and the Pathfinder RPG. It's already funded, and consists of a 300+ page campaign setting book, plus separate supplemental books for each game system, and a book of short 5E adventures. For those not already familiar with Midgard, it has been around for a few years in various incarnations, and describes itself as "a world of dark roads and deep magic, firmly rooted in European myths and legends". You'll find the Kickstarter here.

midgard.jpeg

There are a few options for backers. Most people seem to be going for the 5E Basic Books Combo for $80 so far, which gets you the campaign setting hardcover, the Heroes Handbook hardcover, and the PDF versions of each. There's a lot more info about Midgard over here on Kobold Press' website.

arjomanes

Explorer
I think "Grimm Fairy Tales" is an excellent description of something I would enjoy. Depth, darkness, and always a good chance (but rarely a gurantee) of failure. I am liking the sound of this more and more.

I don't know if the new Campaign Setting will allow some of the older adventures to get updated to 5e or not. But if you don't mind converting adventures from pathfinder, I highly recommend picking up "Tales of the Old Margreve" and "Courts of the Shadow Fey" from DriveThruRpg for that type of feel. I'm sure the new adventures will be really amazing as well—I haven't been disappointed with any of their adventures—but those are my favorites from Kobold Press.

Marc Radle

Legend
We've topped $106,000!

AND we're SOOOOO close to hitting that 1,000 backer goal which unlocks the Midgard GM screen! As in, less than 60 backers!

Zardnaar

Legend
We've topped $106,000!

AND we're SOOOOO close to hitting that 1,000 backer goal which unlocks the Midgard GM screen! As in, less than 60 backers!
Getting into Numenera territory. I'm waiting a week or so once the group can meet so I think we're looking at the $160 one and pay for postage to NZ.

Already got ToB and the Midgard/Southland/Unlikely heroes and Tomb of Tiberish PDFs as well.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Getting into Numenera territory. I'm waiting a week or so once the group can meet so I think we're looking at the $160 one and pay for postage to NZ.

Already got ToB and the Midgard/Southland/Unlikely heroes and Tomb of Tiberish PDFs as well.
I got the $80, the postage to NZ was around $42 so you may be looking at at least $200usd.

Yeah but at least at the $145 level the postage is closer to a quarter of the total cost not half (like the 80 pledge). That's my excuse for going for the "special edition" and I'm sticking to it! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Raddu

Explorer
And now we're over $115k! The next stretch goal up for smashing at $120,000 is Deep Magic: Elfmarked Locations & Elvish High Magic, which includes Racial Options added to the Player's Guide & Hero's Handbook!

Raddu

Explorer
Opening the Midgard Setting!
Kobold Press has always prided itself on welcoming new talent through brainstorms, contests, and nurturing talent--and now we're taking that much, much further!

If the Midgard Kickstarter reaches 2,000 backers or more, we'll open up the setting for anyone to publish Midgard material on DriveThru RPG, somewhat like the DM's Guild. At that point Midgard would be open for anyone to use and publish locations, adventures, characters, lairs, or other playable material (under certain conditions) with supplements that are compatible with 5th Edition, Pathfinder RPG, and 13th Age RPG. Help us get there--and make Midgard yours!

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...tting-dark-roads-and-deep-magic/posts/1801665

Remove ads

Remove ads