D&D 5E Kobold Press' Tome of Beasts Joins D&D Beyond

400 monsters for D&D 5E.

638459347386150459.jpeg

Tome of Beasts is the latest third party book to appear on D&D Beyond. The book, first published by Kobold Press in 2016, contains over 400 monsters for D&D 5E.

You can pick it up on DDB for $39.99.

Whether you need dungeon vermin or world-shaking villains, Tome of Beasts 1 has it. This book presents foes suitable for any campaign setting—from tiny drakes and peculiar spiders to demon lords and ancient dragons.

These monsters have been designed so that GMs can use them in their favorite settings for fantasy adventure. This monstrous tome contains:
  • More than 400 new monsters for use with the D&D Beyond Encounters tool.
  • Updated with errata, streamlined mechanics, and new monster art from the original Tome of Beasts.
  • Expansive tables that organize creatures by challenge rating, creature type, and terrain.[/callout[

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Todd from WotC talks with Wolfgang Baur about his favorite Mosnsters from the new Kobold Press release on D&D Beyond. the classic Tome of Beasts I.

I'm not too surprised to see Kobold Press working with WotC on this, the business case is probably rock solid, and Baur has a long history with WotC.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I have used Tome of Beasts I as much as the 2014 Monster Manual, even with most of my games using Beyond. I just use an initiative placeholder for the Kobold Press beasties.

This is the first time I'm looking at double-dipping a purchase I've already made that is 100% DM centered (I've bought some of the WotC player stuff to share with my players because they have budget limitations tighter than I do).

Remove ads

Remove ads