Kobold Quarterly: Issue 1

Aegir

First Post
*Love* the Derro article! I always thought the little loons were under-utilized, and in alot of ways they fit the system that the Drow currently hold better then the Drow do, which is why I've considered for my current game doing a Drow-esque city, only with Derro instead.

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
Just finished reading my copy and I'm impressed. For a first issue, this seems to be a pretty solid little magazine. I have a few minor complaints (typo in the introduction to the Derro article and the wierd placement of the submission guidelines & OGL license) but everything else more than makes up for it. The interview with Erik Mona is very good (as mentioned in previous post). Kudos on a job well done!

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Wolf asked some great questions, and as you can see it's difficult to get me to stop talking once I start!

The magazine looks really great, and I am thrilled to see it coming out so close to the end of Dragon in print.

As one legend fades, another bursts onto the scene!

--Erik

DiamondB

Explorer
I just finished it and I am most impressed. Everything in it was great and I particularly enjoyed the Erik Mona interview, which I wasn't expecting as I'm not terribly fond of interviews.

Is it too early to get KQ a 2008 ENie nomination :)

Clueless

Webmonkey
Darn me and my 'I was working when it got mailed out and didn't get a chance to Read it yet!' :-/ Well. I shall have something to do on Saturday. :)

Garnfellow

Explorer
I read about half of the first issue last night, and it's pretty darn good -- way above my expectations, really. The Mona interview is great, and the "Ecology of the Derro" has some sweet little crunchy bits I'll try to work into my game soon.

I would expect the proofreading to get better as Wolfgang writes less of the content and focuses more on the editing.

All-in-all, I've been very happy following Wolfgang on his (seemingly) Quixotic quests to find new ways to bring gaming material to my table. Both the Open Design project and KQ sounded like real long shots when they were first announced, but so far they are both paying off, big time.

In the Kobold-in-Chief, We Trust.

DItheringFool

First Post
When the evil wizard killed the dragon on the surprise round Wolfgang won initiative and cast reincarnation. Thus came the Kobold and although small, was fierce!

Long live the Kobold!

Remove ads