Kobold Quarterly: Issue 1

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I have to agree, I really like what I am seeing so far. It is like someone took an issue of Dragon and edited it down to the stuff I would want to read. (and there was something left at the end).

I just wonder if those kobolds can keep it up.

Glyfair

Explorer
BTW, for those who don't frequent the Eberron threads, the Keith Baker article that Wolfgang says might make the next issue is on "tips on running a noir game."

Monkey King

Explorer
Glyfair said:
BTW, for those who don't frequent the Eberron threads, the Keith Baker article that Wolfgang says might make the next issue is on "tips on running a noir game."

I have great confidence that Keith will deliver a superior noir article. My only hesitation in the "Coming Next Issue" category is that he's writing a novel as well, and that work should (quite rightly) take priority over an article for a small press project.

Last edited:

Kvantum

First Post
My only quibbles with it were Stan!'s cartoons (he just needs better punchlines, not old puns worthy of April Dragon issues) and that the interview went on for a bit long. A page or so could have been cut out without any major loss.

That, and typos, but if we're counting off on that, then half the WotC books written in the last 5 years would have to be condemned. Otherwise, absolutely worth the money.

Wolf, I actually didn't get mine, but my spammer folder may have gotten happy. Could you possibly resend it? I'd love to have something new to read this weekend. :)

Joseph Browning

Monkey King

Explorer
jgbrowning said:
Wolf, I actually didn't get mine, but my spammer folder may have gotten happy. Could you possibly resend it? I'd love to have something new to read this weekend. :)

Re-sent. Hope it finds you in time for weekend reading. Probably best to take it off the boards if you need it sent through another route.

grodog

Hero
Glyfair said:
Yes, we get an interesting glimpse at why a certain Greyhawk personality will be important to Expedition to Castle Greyhawk.

I haven't read yet, but I'll be curious to see how Erik answers the questions I submitted :D

Glyfair

Explorer
Wolfgang has just noted that half the print run is sold out, after only 1 week. If you want a print copy, better buy it now. It might be a collector's item (I guess it's hard to judge this given it's primarily an electronic product now).

Remove ads