• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kobold SLA

Duke Arioch

First Post
A quick question: If you played as Kobold Rogue, and did the ritual thing to get 1/day 1st lvl Sorcerer spell as SLA, what spell would you choose?

Permanent 1HP loss is worth it IMO, and I am currently leaning towards Nerveskitter. What are your thoughts on the subject? Any better choices?

Shin Okada

Explorer
What is the starting level of your game? And how long will it likely to continue?

At higher level, all the L1 spells can be easily usable via some kind of magic items.

Anyway, assuming that is a lower level game,

Alter Self (Could be really good if you are a Wyrmwrought)
Golem Strike (If your DM likes to use constructs)
Insightful Feint (When you cannot flank an opponent)
Shocking Grasp (Sneak attack via melee touch)
Sniper's Shot (Sneak attack from afar)
Swift Expeditious Retreat (you can move at speed of 60 ft. for a round)

Duke Arioch

First Post
What is the starting level of your game? And how long will it likely to continue?

At higher level, all the L1 spells can be easily usable via some kind of magic items.

Anyway, assuming that is a lower level game,

Alter Self (Could be really good if you are a Wyrmwrought)
Golem Strike (If your DM likes to use constructs)
Insightful Feint (When you cannot flank an opponent)
Shocking Grasp (Sneak attack via melee touch)
Sniper's Shot (Sneak attack from afar)
Swift Expeditious Retreat (you can move at speed of 60 ft. for a round)

I am building this for my friend. He asked for a daring outlaw build, and I decided to give him loads of natural attacks via dragonwrought kobold lol

Now, the SLA gets picked from lvl 1 sorcerer spell list, so Alter self and some other of those you wrote are out. I know all of them become obsolete pretty quickly, but at a cheap, cheap price of 1 HP and 100gp, I think it is worth it.

Remove ads