[Koboldquest] Delivering the box

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Lok-Nar's attention is rivited by a large yellow gem that is quite shiny. Snatching it up in thier claws, they examine it greedily. Then they get into an argument over who gets to wear it on their helmet. Eventually they come to the conclusion that they will trade off wearing it. Jerking their attention back to Eulas, they listen to their options.*

"We go to the human! Anything be better than grubbing for fish..." Nar says quickly. Lok nods vigorously.

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Seeing Lok-Nar snatch up a gem, right head nods to left head and then they begin to search, eventually snatching up a reddish hued gemstone. They tuck it happily together into a pouch.

"The surface?" right head says to left head. Left head nods. They agree whole-heartedly to a trip to the surface, something most kobolds would shy away from. "To the surface!" they say in unison, perhaps they hope it'll count as two votes.

almost missed the new thread

Krug

Newshound
Eulas becomes excited that the group hasnt' chosen fishing. His tongue starts to emerge even more. "Good! Good! We willz make arrangements. You set off tomorrow morning. And now... the box. Who willz carry it? The fellow must be trusztworthy! Be warned! Anyone other than Gandrew opening it will die a horrible death!" He hands over the ornate wooden box, which is about the size of a kobold head, as well as what looks like a map.

Those of you who haven't chosen their items from the hoard should do so..

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Right head says "I'll watch the box, I'm not interested in anything that would interest a human anyways!" Left head says, "I'll make sure no one else gets their hands on it either, plus it's too big for the smaller ones, might weigh them down."

Nah'l takes the box and stowes it away.

Krug

Newshound
Nah'l takes the box before anyone can respond, as well as the proffered map. Eulas nods, pleased with himself. "Good! Back to the barrackz with you! I will wait for you at the cave mouth! And do not say the Queen is not generous. All of you will have an exztra serving of fungi-bread to bring with you on your journey!"

The map is rather vague, showing just a cave mouth near one corner, and an X with the words 'GANDREW' in large font in the other corner, above what looks like a human abode, those 'buildings' that they stay in.

Zort:
As the box is passed to Nah'l, you hear the familiar tinkling of coin on coin.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Lok licks his lips at the mention of fungi-bread while Nar shudders.*

"You're eating it, I hate that stuff," Nar says irritably. Lok simply grins and nods.

The Baron

First Post
Kadan snatches the map and looks it over.

"So we get outside, go in that direction," Kadan points in the same direction as the X, seemingly oblivious to the concept of orientation, "Then we find the X building, drop off the box, and head back for more rewards. Easy enough. Let's get going."

Kadan takes a few eager steps and then stops abruptly.

"Which way is out again?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"That way. That way," Lok-Nar's heads speak simultaneously, their arms pointing in opposite directions. Lok and Nar look at each other with narrowed eyes, and then look in opposite directions with sniffs of irritation.

Diirk

First Post
Miki rolls his eyes. "If we had to rely on any of you lot for directions we'd wind up getting our brains sucked out by illithids. Luckily at least one of us has a modicum of direction sense, give the map to Serk."

Trying to think of something he needs, Miki comes to the conclusion that wealth is always a good thing and snatches up a gem greedily.

Krug

Newshound
"Me?" says Serk. "But I'm only familiar with anything above ground.. I haven't even been outside!" Nonetheless, she takes the map, scratching her head. Serk takes what appears to be a potion as well.

Target seems happy at the prospect of venturing into the wilderness again, no matter what his kobold companion's thinking.

"Good. Be on your way. A guide will bring you to the tunnel that leadsz out in a few hoursz time," says Eulas, as he dismisses the lot of you. "Oh yes. Gandrew will also be giving a few items to you. Please return with it IMMEDIATELY." He concludes and dismisses you. A spidery set of veil closes over him and the chamber is filled with the thick smell of burning lotus incense.

Yet to take items are Taden and Zort.
Kadan, if you want to take up a familiar let me know.

Last edited:

Remove ads