[Koboldquest] Delivering the box

Krug

Newshound
Zort charges forward with his spear drawn, rushing past Serk. However, his spear smashes into a nearby tree trunk, resulting in a rain of pine nuts. The rogue draws out his spear, his feet continuing to pursue the runaway toad.

Zort is now at J12.

Last edited:

The Baron

First Post
Kadan manuevers to cut off the toad's escape, shaking his spear at the hopper.

"No, no, no! This is all wrong! We're supposed to eat you!"

(OOC: Double move to I14)

Krug

Newshound
Kadan joins in the merry chase, running after the toad, crushing bushes and weeds as he pursues.

The toad tries to make a break for it, hopping away madly. (AoO time!) Target's claw fails to hit it this time, and Zort's spear thrust is wide, but Miki's longsword slashes the back of the beast, opening a huge wound in it. Kadan, too, hits it with a weak spear thrust. The toad, still going forward in momentum, flops around in mid-air after Miki's blow, turning a somersault and falling on the ground, skidding and crashing, before hitting a tree trunk head on and sliding down slowly.

Serk runs forward, her tongue flopping about. "YOU'VE CAUGHT IT!", saying the self-evident. "Uh... now how do we get Taden out?"

Taden:
You almost drop your scimitar and you are shaken about like a dice. You're not sure which way is up as you're flopped all over the place, before everything comes to a dead stop. The creature's stomach appears to be moving even less. You took another 2 points damage from the creature's flopping around and the juices spraying onto you.

Target races forward and starts to dig at the toad, tearing out chunks of it. Nah'l runs over, impressed at his companions' ability to stop the toads. He takes out his scythe ready to cut the toad's belly open.

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Suddenly, the toad tears open, and Taden emerges, scimitar in hand, covered all over with goo and bile. He looks blearly as he strides out. Target appears to be smiling in glee.

"OOOOH YUCKS!" says Serk, covering her nose.

End of Combat

XP to be distributed in next move.

Krug

Newshound
Ok good battle. Everybody gets 420 XP, + 50 XP for braving the wilderness and have reached 2nd level, as you now have 1003 XP.

Please go to this thread to discuss. Don't forget to post your post-combat actions as well.

Last edited:

Diirk

First Post
Miki backs up hurriedly.

"Ok, you are NOT coming anywhere near me til you find a pond or something to jump in Taden. And uh.. lets get out of here before we run into more of those things. Dinner is all well and good but I'm allergic to being the main course."

The Baron

First Post
Kadan speaks to the dark patch on his robe.

"Yes... Drad, why don't check and see if there's anything interesting around here? I think we might need to take a short break here for a while, and I don't want anything else sneaking up on us. And don't go to far. It is still bright out. Oh, and try not to get eaten by anything."

The dark patch breaks off with a squeak, and a pair of black leathery wings quickly carry Drad the Bat off through the forest.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Lok-Nar grins a bit and goes to slap Taden on the back in comraderie.*

"Good job," Lok says with a bloodthirsty grin. Nar, on the other hand, is inspecting the frogs. "They look plump and tasty. Let's eat them for dinner!" Nar says, drawing his dagger to begin cutting out chunks of meat.

*Meat removal done and stored away, Lok-Nar will then reload his hand cannon, chuckling slightly at the tree they eviscerated.*

The Baron

First Post
Kadan picks up his crossbow and reloads it.

"Perhaps you are right, Miki. Should we move on, or do the injured ones feel we should rest for a moment? And Taden, you do smell awful, but are you badly hurt at all?"

For a long while, Taden just stood in stunned silence. Then, his usual panicked expression slowly returned, and he collapsed to his knees with Lok-Nar's slap. Still somehow managing to keep his grip on the scimitar, he slowly realized what had happened, "IT TRIED TO EAT ME!!! THE IS WHY WE NO GO OUTSIDE! I NOT TASTEY!" he grabbed his arm, shaking it, "NO MEAT AT ALL!!!"

Target had kept his distance, but the sight of the little Badger seemed to calm Taden into simple loud panting. It eventually devolved into whimpering as he stared at Lok-Nar attempting to eat part of what had tried to eat Taden. That could be him for all he knew about eating things! He did feel like he was missing a few parts of his shoulder...

Remove ads