• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

KoDT fans out there?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I've been a fan since I first saw the comic in Dragon magazine so many years ago. I've been buying the comic since issue #17, and it never fails to make me laugh. I just wish they didn't devote half of it to stuff besides the comic itself, that isn't what I pay for.

Hoody Freakin' Hoo!

I, too, have been hooked since the days of Shadis. While our group is a tad more two dimensional, it's amazing how many KoDT moments we have had. It's even more frightening to think about it as some look back before they knew of the Knights.

I've even started doing a couple of strips to send in. I wrote one as a Christmas card to a friend to let him know I was renewing his subscription, and it just flowed so easily, I thought I'd give it a shot. Whish me luck.:)

Inez Hull

First Post
Just a bit of shameless pimpin' here. For fans of roleplaying humour, the story hour I post is a writeup of an Australian comic called The Adventures of the A-Team which I've found funny enough to warrant posting myself, even though it's not my own work [permission obtained though of course]

Check it out. ;)

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
I read KODT from 1-50. Even contributed a few story ideas including the "doppleganger codeword", which was later used in the boardgame.

I thought when I quit reading it they had run through the ideas and it just was not fresh anymore. The first 24 issues had me rolling, but after those it was merely a smirk occasionally.

A few of my players still read it and enjoy it quite a bit.

Tewligan

First Post
Hard8Staff said:
So, how do you like the "new" magazine format with d20, HM and other rpg material?
Well, since yer askin'...
I don't really get a lot of use out out of the gaming material in KoDT, especially since I don't play Hackmaster. On the other hand, the amount of comic material in there still justifies the few dollars a month, so I'm not complaining TOO much...just a token amount, y'know. I usually flip through the non-comic stuff eventually, but I've yet to find anything that really screams "USE ME!" I don't suppose there's any thought of splitting the current KoDT into a gaming magazine and a comic magazine, is there?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I've been a KotDT fan from the first time I saw the strip. I get the comic every month and it never fails to put me on the floor. I also get Nodwick, Snapdragons, Dork Tower and (soon) PS 238. I didn't really like Hackmasters of Evernight, The Travelers, or Illustrated KotDT.

Black Omega

First Post
I used to read it all the time as well. I lost interest about the time they started redoing old storylines, but the early issues are still great to re-read.

hunter2112

First Post
Been reading KoDT since my brother let me look at his Bundle of Trouble (#s 1-4) I've alway read comics and lots of 'em, but now it's down to two. I'm still a sucker for Wolverine but if I can only get one, it's KoDT. Dave's my hero :D

Remove ads