• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kosmoceratops

Wicht

Hero
Am I the only one who when I first saw this topic thought it was about Paizo customer service? You will either understand that or you won't I suppose.

On topic, are there any actual pictures of the bones? I find those much more interesting than the artist renditions.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
On topic, are there any actual pictures of the bones? I find those much more interesting than the artist renditions.

Ceratopsian1.jpg

B-)

Jhaelen

First Post
On topic, are there any actual pictures of the bones?
That's what I immediately asked myself when seeing the illustration.

I couldn't help but think of the many occasions they put dino bones together in the wrong way (most infamous victim: Iguanodon, which was initially thought to have been a quadruped with a spike on its nose; later they realized it was bipedal and had spikes on the hands of their forearms).

hewligan

First Post
Probably a stupid question, but looking at the bones made me want to ask: is it possible that the horns were compressed during the same process that caused ossification? I mean, it looks to my untrained eye like they could have stood upright, but with some soft tissue underneath that has collapsed under the weight of whatever buried the unfortunate beast.

Of course, I know nothing....

Wicht

Hero
Probably a stupid question, but looking at the bones made me want to ask: is it possible that the horns were compressed during the same process that caused ossification? I mean, it looks to my untrained eye like they could have stood upright, but with some soft tissue underneath that has collapsed under the weight of whatever buried the unfortunate beast.

Of course, I know nothing....

I thought that too. There's an experiment where you can take a raw bone and by soaking it in vinegar make it extremely pliable. Seems to me that the right decomposting matter next to a dead body, combined with pressure could twist some bones in some interesting ways.

Remove ads