Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Race: Human
HP: 38/52
AC:
22; FF:19 T:14
Spot:+5
Listen:+5
Search+2
[]Cure Minor; [] Detect Magic; []Detect Poison; [] Amanuensis []Create Water ; [] Mending
Fort:+9
Will: +12
Refl: +6
Initiative: +3
Range:+8/+4
Melee: +7/+2 (+1)
1st [6+1](DC16) [X]Bless; [ ] Entropic Shield[ ]Comprehend Languages; [ ]Endure Elements [ ] Divine Favor; []Lesser Vigor
2nd[4+1](DC17) [X]Avoid Planar effects; [X] Benediction; [X] Status [X] Lesser Restoration
3rd[4+1](DC18) [ X] Stone Shape [X]; Invisibility Purge; [X ] [X]Speak with Dead
4th: [3+1](DC19) [ ] Attune Form(extended) [] Sustain; [X] Mass, Lesser Vigor (extended)
STR:13+1
DEX: 16+ 3
CON: 14 + 2
INT: 14 +2
WIS: 20 +5
CHA:15 +2
XP: 28,000/36000
LevelStudiedUsedSpell..................................................................................
1 Longstrider
1XXSanctuary
2XLocate Object
2Shield Other
3xXProtection from Energy
3Fly
4Spell Immunity
4XXDim Door

Vitus recognized the vile magic wielded by the evil cleric.1 Tyche did not, generally, act in such a showy way. At least, Vitus was not as capable of such magic and preferred to beseech Tyche to push the odds in his favour, subtely2. Seeing Akos trying to decide what do do, Vitus moved away from the thug, unconcerned about him retaliating. The sixteen year-old moved up and then across, feeling much of his power neutralized by the invisible force of the antimagic field. He then moved south, past Akos, ready to help pull the Genie out, if needed.4 Moving in behind Falen, he prayed to Tyche for good luck.3

"Akos, maybe, you can use a rope to drag her out?"

1. Spellcraft to recognize the spell:
Spellcraft to identify spell: 1D20+10 = [11]+10 = 21

2. Custodio, Vincenzo, Rockhorn and Knight get 1 hp

3. Moving diagonally N and sheathing Glorious as I move. Then E into anti magic, then diagonally two squares (into Akos' space), then 1 square south, then one square diagonal SW behind Falen. Thug is not allowed to attack of Opportunity Vitus because of Sanctuary.

4. Casting Bless: Bless will affect everyone, including the Unicorn who is just barely on the edge. Obviously, no-one inside the anti magic will get the benefit until they leave. +1 to attacks, Saves versus Fear.

Active Spells:

Benediction (Rockthorn): 58 minutes and 2 rounds
Protection From Fire (Tellerian Hawke Big Tim): 7 Minutes+3 rounds -protects from 96 points of fire damage
Invisibility Purge 7 minutes and 5 rounds
Sanctuary: 3 rounds
Avoid Planar Effects 75 rounds
Mass Lesser Vigor: 24 rounds:
Bless : 80 rounds

To Do:
OOC and OOC
-Speak to Oppia Nazaria

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Akos moves a bit to get out of the antimagic field, casts healing spell as soon as he feels the connection with his goddess again. Hoping antimagic won't fail at exactly the moment he gets in the circle, he channels the warmth of summer into the genie.

Pulling the wand out of its sheath on his forearms, he prepares for the situation where she doesn't awaken even with healing. Hopefully it won't come to that, but he grabs her robe and tenses, either to help her get up or to pull her out of the circle if she remains unconscious.

He has some time to think about weaknesses of goblinoids and what he knows of Loyalists and cultists in general. With some luck, attacks from cultists will be blocked or hampered by the circle.

Move: step out of the antimagic
Standard: sacrifice Inspired aim for neurotic: 3D8 + 7#akoscureseriouswounds → 23( (8 +2 +6) + 7)#Akos cure serious wounds
Swift: draw wand of grease
Free? Grab the robe
Free: neurotic: D20 + 11 + 5#akosknowledgelocalfordevotion → 33(17 + 11 + 5)#Akos knowledge local for devotion 33 for +4 to hit and damage vs bugbear (and humans? or do I roll separately even if it is the same skill?)

Unicorn heals the knight: neurotic: D8 + 4#curelightwoundsunicorn → 11(7 + 4)#Cure light wounds Unicorn

Next round (if nothing important changes)
Standard: activate wand
Move: pulling if needed neurotic: D20 + 1#akosdragcheck → 14(13 + 1)#Akos drag check - aided with grease, without Vitus' help
Swift: turn undead for wild frenzy

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Vitus recognized the vile magic wielded by the evil cleric. Tyche did not, generally, act in such a showy way. At least, Vitus was not as capable of such magic and preferred to beseech Tyche to push the odds in his favour, subtly.
Vitus can tell that the dark shroud swirling around the bugbear will make him harder to hit, physically. It won't add to the evil cleric's protection from magic.

Akos moves a bit to get out of the antimagic field, casts healing spell as soon as he feels the connection with his goddess again. Hoping antimagic won't fail at exactly the moment he gets in the circle, he channels the warmth of summer into the genie.

Pulling the wand out of its sheath on his forearms, he prepares for the situation where she doesn't awaken even with healing. Hopefully it won't come to that, but he grabs her robe and tenses, either to help her get up or to pull her out of the circle if she remains unconscious.

He has some time to think about weaknesses of goblinoids and what he knows of Loyalists and cultists in general. With some luck, attacks from cultists will be blocked or hampered by the circle.
The Loremaster is careful not to step on the genie and he moves into the inactive part of the circle in the Antimagic Field and then takes a step south into the active part of the Ancients' circle. He can feel the affect of the Magic Protection against Good, but it doesn't have the power to bind him as long as the antimagic stays in place. He should be able to pull the genie from the circle.

His healing magic flows into her, and she immediately comes back to life. Her eyes open and she looks up at Akos with quite a surprised look on her face. Then, her eyes dart around the room, as if she is looking for someone. her gaze narrows when she sees the thug next to her with his sword ready to strike. The man glares at Akos with anger.

"Where is she? Where is Sansal Akalin? Are you her thralls?" The questions aren't directed at anyone in particular, but she seems to sense that the thug will strike out a her if she moves. "Am I to be your prisoner, mage!" This time she looks up at Akos. There is fury in her eyes. "I will not surrender to you mortal. Let me go or you will make all of Nuzhikhat your enemy this day!"

OOC: She is pissed!

TaranTheWanderer said:
Seeing Akos trying to decide what do do, Vitus moved away from the thug, unconcerned about him retaliating. The sixteen year-old moved up and then across, feeling much of his power neutralized by the invisible force of the antimagic field. He then moved south, past Akos, ready to help pull the Genie out, if needed. Moving in behind Falen, he prayed to Tyche for good luck.

"Akos, maybe, you can use a rope to drag her out?"
"You will not drag me anywhere, mortal!" Vitus can see that the djinni has a large scimitar buckled to her back. Her hand begins to inch towards the weapon. She looks ready to fight, anyone, who dares attack or touch her.

Then, she feels Vitus' bless hit her. She immediately senses that the young cleric means her no harm, and likely the man standing above her. But, she remains wary, like a angry raptor freed from a cage.

"Do not trust him!" The thug next to her says slyly. He keeps his glare on Akos. "He wants to steal your wishes for himself and his evil allies!"

She looks at the thug and then back at Akos. "Is this true? Do you seek to ask for my wishes? Do not lie to me, mortal."

She looks back at the thug. "And, you... you are obviously a wretched man. I can tell just by looking at you. You accuse him of being evil, but you features drip with vileness. Be quiet or be prepared to use that blade!"

The thug grimaces and tightens the grip on his short sword.

OOC: A reminder that while she was trapped in the circle, she was completely unaware of any events going on around her. She was also stunned when the thug hit her with the flat of his blade, so her memory is foggy, at best. While she isn't considered stunned any longer, she doesn't get to act until next round.

Race: Human
HP: 38/52
AC:
22; FF:19 T:14
Spot:+5
Listen:+5
Search+2
[]Cure Minor; [] Detect Magic; []Detect Poison; [] Amanuensis []Create Water ; [] Mending
Fort:+9
Will: +12
Refl: +6
Initiative: +3
Range:+8/+4
Melee: +7/+2 (+1)
1st [6+1](DC16) [X]Bless; [ ] Entropic Shield[ ]Comprehend Languages; [ ]Endure Elements [ ] Divine Favor; []Lesser Vigor
2nd[4+1](DC17) [X]Avoid Planar effects; [X] Benediction; [X] Status [X] Lesser Restoration
3rd[4+1](DC18) [ X] Stone Shape [X]; Invisibility Purge; [X ] [X]Speak with Dead
4th: [3+1](DC19) [ ] Attune Form(extended) [] Sustain; [X] Mass, Lesser Vigor (extended)
STR:13+1
DEX: 16+ 3
CON: 14 + 2
INT: 14 +2
WIS: 20 +5
CHA:15 +2
XP: 28,000/36000
LevelStudiedUsedSpell..................................................................................
1 Longstrider
1XXSanctuary
2XLocate Object
2Shield Other
3xXProtection from Energy
3Fly
4Spell Immunity
4XXDim Door

When Vitus sees the genie get up, he shouts in his thick Ticin accent,

"WOOHOO! Akos, you did eet!"

"Is this true? Do you seek to ask for my wishes? Do not lie to me, mortal."

"We were just wishing that you were free of the binding circle and wishing we could find a way to revive you! Wishes do come true! You better move out of the circle before the magic renews itself. The magic suppression is on a timer!"

RP stuff.

Active Spells:

Benediction (Rockthorn): 58 minutes and 2 rounds
Protection From Fire (Tellerian Hawke Big Tim): 7 Minutes+3 rounds -protects from 96 points of fire damage
Invisibility Purge 7 minutes and 5 rounds
Sanctuary: 3 rounds
Avoid Planar Effects 75 rounds
Mass Lesser Vigor: 24 rounds:
Bless : 80 rounds

To Do:
OOC and OOC
-Speak to Oppia Nazaria

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Akos releases her immediately.
"I am no mage, janni. I am loremaster Akos, devotee of The Great Teacher and cleric of Titania and I just healed you. You were trapped out of time. My unicorn is healing your protector as we speak. Wicked mage and his loyalists took over the demiplane. Your wishes are your own to give. We can talk later, there is a fight against your captors to be done. Half ogre, kobold, dwarf on pegasus, the human cleric next to the ogre, and the guy overthere are allies."

OOC: Akos has Spell resistance, there is a chance magic circle does not affect him.
He points at Falen with that last part.
Rushed speech, but still stretching that free action
He ofcourse uses correct race (just in case I misremember)

Last edited:

With great fluttering of big wings and several swings of the axe and hoof the attack of the wild pair looked impressive, but in the aftermath, except few slain feathers slowly dying on the floor, there was no change in the combatants. No new wounds, no changes whatsoever.

Hand axe full attack vs Perch: 1d20+13 = [1]+13 = 14; 1d4+5 = [4]+5 = 9; 1d20+8 = [6]+8 = 14; 1d4+5 = [3]+5 = 8 - I give up, I'm not going to use coyotecode anymore. I rolled more ones than it seems normal. I'll actually do some statistics from history of rolls
Spritewing vs Perch: 1d20+11-2 = [13]+11-2 = 22; 1d6+5-2 = [2]+5-2 = 5
Dex save: 1d20+4+2 = [5]+4+2 = 11 - Benediction paid off! :)

OOC:
@Knightfall could you maybe add some indication on how hurt is everyone (I know it's extra work, so no worries if you're not willing) - maybe 1-3 blood drops or something to indicate hurt, very hurt and critical (or something) - maybe 75/50/25% HP?

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"We were just wishing that you were free of the binding circle and wishing we could find a way to revive you! Wishes do come true! You better move out of the circle before the magic renews itself. The magic suppression is on a timer!"
The janni looks towards Vitus behind his Sanctuary spell. A strange wry smile is her only reaction to the young cleric's comedic assurance.

Akos releases her immediately.
"I am no mage, janni. I am Loremaster Akos, devotee of The Great Teacher and cleric of Titania and I just healed you. You were trapped out of time. My unicorn is healing your protector as we speak. Wicked mage and his loyalists took over the demiplane. Your wishes are your own to give. We can talk later, there is a fight against your captors to be done. Half ogre, kobold, dwarf on pegasus, the human cleric next to the ogre, and the guy overthere are allies."

OOC: Akos has Spell resistance, there is a chance magic circle does not affect him.
The janni woman remains ready to strike, but she seems more concerned about the evil man next to her with his short sword and vicious-looking dagger. "So, these others are in the service of the sorceress? Thralls of Akalin? She seems confused by Akos words. "Out of time... how, how much time?

The rest of Akos words of assurance don't seem to reach her. There is still fury in her eyes but also sadness.

Akos knows of a legend of a great djinn city known as Nuzhikhat. It was said to be one of the most beautiful djinn city-states of the Plane of Elemental Air. In mortal terms, it was destroyed nearly 300 years ago during the Great Genie War. That war was one of many that scarred the Inner and Outer Planes of existence for thousands of years. While Ragnarök was believed to have been the starting point for the various Planar Wars, the Great Genie War was the primary conflict of the Inner Planes.

The Loremaster knows there were many such god wars connected to Kulan, not just Ragnarök, but there has been little historical evidence that connected the Great Genie War to Kulan. But, it wouldn't be surprising. Perhaps there is a connection between that war and the Ancients. Akos looks around. It's probably not the time for great speculation of such past events.

OOC: Caster Level Check (Ancients magic circle) vs. Akos Spell Resistance: 1D20+20 = [13]+20 = 33

With great fluttering of big wings and several swings of the axe and hoof the attack of the wild pair looked impressive, but in the aftermath, except few slain feathers slowly dying on the floor, there was no change in the combatants. No new wounds, no changes whatsoever.
The Loyalist named Parch stands his ground and waits for the feathers to settle.

The two thugs near the genie and Falen nod to each other. The man named Mitrik waits a split second for his companion to act. The other thug, Redcap, tumbles around to Falen's flank. Mitrik then steps towards Falen and stabs out with both his short sword and poisoned dagger. Falen evades the first stab but the assassin's dagger cuts deep into the half-hobgoblin's arm.

Then, Redcap stabs at him from behind and cuts a deep gash in Falen's back.

OOC: @Aust Thale: I forgot the sneak attack damage on the OOC thread. That's another 3d6 damage (times 2) to Falen.
Mitrik and Redcap - Sneak Attack damage to Falen: 3D6 = [4, 1, 3] = 8
3D6 = [4, 3, 6] = 13

That's another 21 points of damage.

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Falen:
Falen is momentarily surprised…at himself. His own tactics being used against him, he finds himself in bad way and heavily wounded. Fighting off shock and the poison short sword, he tumbles past the thug named Redcap, settling below him and whispering the command word to activate his healing belt. Hearing the Djinn in her confusion behind him, he reaches out telepathically in a short message, “Protect you now; explain later. Leave room.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Falen is momentarily surprised…at himself. His own tactics being used against him, he finds himself in bad way and heavily wounded. Fighting off shock and the poison short sword, he tumbles past the thug named Redcap, settling below him and whispering the command word to activate his healing belt.
Falen finds himself standing next to the petrified wizard. He is careful not to bump the stoned man. Luckily, the walls of the alcove will protected the unknown wizard from any of the thug's attacks that might go awry. Falen can smell the open privy behind him but better that than the other thug. They will not be able to flank him again... unless Redcap somehow manage to tumble through Falen's legs.

As he activates his belt, the worst of the wounds of the two thug's sword strikes close. He also manages to shrug off the fuzziness from being in mental contact with the living altar. Its mind is still out there, but it is holding back to allow Falen to concentrate.

Aust Thale said:
Hearing the Djinn in her confusion behind him, he reaches out telepathically in a short message, “Protect you now; explain later. Leave room.
Falen gets the sense that the djinni woman might be a bit uncomfortable with Falen in her mind, but she mentally 'nods' back to him.

While the knight cannot hear the djinn speak, he does notice that she is no longer being held in the circle. He rushes across the room past Sir Tymbeck, Vincenzo, Tuck, and the loyalist fighting against Vinny. He cares not for the attack that comes from the soldier, as he moves with the enhanced speed provided by the Sectarian's spell. He trusts in his own skills and the magical healing provided by the mini-unicorn.

He rushes past the altar and around the pillar to stand right next to Eeldai and swings his sword at Mitrik with all his strength. But, his gaze is distracted by the djinni unnatural beauty, so his swing only fans the flames in the brazier. Mitrik shifts his focus from the genie and Falen to the knight.

"Damn! You're supposed to be dead already!" Mitrik snarls.

End of Round 4

Remove ads