• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Hiya, Spritewing, I know you're weakened, but we may need to move fast. And having that statue strapped to you might be easier than having the knight drop his shield and weapons. Let's do this!"
Spritewing bolts forward, flying over the middle of the room with the altar, and lands next to the statue. Rockhorn was ready for it and as the pegasus slowed on contact with the ground, he swung a leg over the saddle and landed next to the statue.
As Spritewing and Rockhorn fly through the air, Gattas takes a potion bottle off his belt and offers it to the genie. "A healing draught, princess."

She glares at the man and shakes her head. "I'm not taking anything from you, human."

Gattas sighs and nods his head. He understands her reluctance. He shrugs his shoulder and grins at Vitus standing next to him before moving out of the room into the corridor. The genie doesn't hinder him, but she keeps an eye on the man as he steps past her. Gattas moves to stand behind Vincenzo.

Still feeling the effects of the blasphemy, he loosens and drops his shield on the floor. "I hate that thing. Too heavy. Too bulky."

"Tim, Rockhorn, get the wizard! You two and Spritewing can surely move with it faster than the rest of us. And if Spritewing alone can do it, we can hold the line."
"Here is something to help! Eeldai, knight! Pay attention to this effect so you can recognize it. Rockhorn, Spritewing, stand still!"
Akos watches as Spritewing takes to the air with Rockhorn riding. Luckily, the duo flies towards Akos, Tim and the petrified wizard instead of out of the room. They land only 10 feet from the Loremaster, so when Akos fires his healing blast, it is at point blank range. The healing energy flows into both of them without any issue.

Akos quickly realizes that the genie is out in the corridor and the young knight has his back to the Loremaster, as the deaf man gathers up a dagger off the table.

MetaVoid said:
Spritewing folded his wings and turned, leaving his back accessible from behind.

Rockhorn rummaged through his backpack getting out the rope while waiting for Tym to come closer. He feels the effect of blasphemy still, but two of them should be able to secure the wizard. He considers it for a moment, estimating the weight of the stone. Luckily the wizard wasn't fat, but the volume of the robes increase the normal contours he would have. But it should be possible, stone is not so much heavier than a dwarf.

"Tuck, how good are you with knots? We don't want to drop the wizard!"

Rockhorn focuses on the statue and it wobbles slightly as his magic tries to lift it onto Spritewing's back.
"I'm a trapsmith. Hogtieing isn't my specialty," Tuck replies once he's back on his feet. "But I can try." The kobold urban ranger drinks the potion in his hand and steps towards the others.

Out in the corridor, Eeldai and Vincenzo hear the sound of footsteps coming towards them from somewhere beyond the end of the corridor. A greenish glow emanates from somewhere around the narrow corner.

"They're here," Gattas whispers a warning. "Be ready for anything. It won't just be more soldiers. Phelix will send one of his commanders this time. Your best weapon is that they won't know the bugbear is already dead. The next wave of attackers is meant to overwhelm."

"You know a lot for a mere soldier," Eeldai growls at Gattas.

"I'm not one of that evil man's Loyalists, but it was the part I played," Gattas replies quietly. "I wouldn't be a very good spy for the city if I couldn't convince him and the gnome I was loyal." He shakes his head. "Well, I was sure I convinced them, but, now, now I'm not so sure."

OOC: Tuck's Use Rope skill is +4; no ranks, just Dexterity. Tuck acts after Akos heals Rockhorn and Spritewing. His actions for this round are to stand from prone, drink a healing potion, and take a 5-ft. step. He will move to help tie the petrified wizard to Spritewing next round.

Another post coming up to reply to Aust Thale's post for Falen. It will include what @Tellerian Hawke wants to do for Big Tim; I just need to confirm with his through FB messenger. Life is really bust for him right now.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
But when the altar said he can change the time dilation, he immediately shouted an interruption
"DO IT!" even as the powerful mind kept going.

Akos can't do anything with or for the statue, he busies himself with healing the worst affected and collection of magic items to weaken The Loyalists. Wands, small things, rather than weapons or armor. But weapons are at least thrown toward the door and away from potential enemy users.
"I cannot reduce it on my own, Loremaster," the altar replies to Akos telepathically. "Someone... you must help me! Now that I am free, it will only take a few moments for you to move the dials to the lowest settings and then engage the lever. I will guide you through the process. Hurry!"

Sir Tymbeck spends a few seconds helping Akos get the bugbear's shield off the cleric's arm and gathering up the nearest weapons. There isn't time to get the bugbear's armor off.

Once Spritewing flies across the room and Rockhorn levitates the petrified wizard into the air, the Tall Knight steps towards the wild dwarf and helps move the stoned man onto Spritewing's back.

Fighting the weakness, he mentally addresses the Altar and his comrades as calmly as possible, “Phelix is again farting his minions into this place. Remember the mission: save the genie and the knight; close the portal if we can.” He weathers the Altar’s connecting him with Ting without resistance accept to control the connection. He grits through the pain and damage, biting a leather tie at the top of his mithril tunic. His brief time as a telepath limits his prowess at doing so, and he feels the weight of the connection as a splitting headache, much akin to that which afflicts those who chew ice too quickly. “Ting, you shall be safe…I hope…if I can persuade my friends here to attend to the mission.” Attempting calm vs. the pain, Falen focuses on the mental map of the loyalists. He continues his telepathic message, “The blaspheme spell limits what I can tell you about where the portal is burping additional adversaries. But it is, and they are coming.
Falen stays still as the link is formed between him and Ting. The process hurts... a lot, but he's been hurt a lot worse. Still, the pain leaves his head swimming for several seconds.

"OK! Come on Ting, I'll protect you!"

Vitus holds his hand out for the crystal...
A moment after Vitus holds out his hands, Ting flies to Falen and settles into one of the half-hobgoblin's pockets while Falen's mind is buzzing. "I am here," Ting says to Falen. There is a bit of sadness in the psicrystal's voice.

Aust Thale said:
Tym, can you carry the statue of the wizard? If the Altar can hide, we can attempt to untether her later. We should withdraw until we secure our position, regroup, and attack in force. We have been on a rescue mission; we must get it behind us to finish the fight.
As Falen's mind clears, he notes that both Rockhorn and Spritewing are now on the other side of the room. He hadn't seen them move. Rockhorn has levitated the petrified wizard, and he and Tim move the stoned man over onto Spritewing. Tuck begins to move to help them.

TaranTheWanderer said:
"Let's get out of here! I'll hold them off while you get the Wizard out....don't forget to pick up the bits n pieces!"
Vitus finds himself near the exit of the room. Falen moves, stumbles, past him and the noble djinni into the corridor. While Falen can sense the minds approaching, Vitus only hears their footsteps. The Loyalists aren't trying to be stealthy.

"They will be on us in seconds!" Eeldai shouts to those in the room. She can see shifting shadows mixed with a greenish glow. Magical light. "You need to hurry!"

Falen knows she is right. The closest of them is only 40 feet away.

"That glow!" Gattas exclaims. "It's a man called Kellam! Phelix has sent the worst of his fanatics! They are even worse than Loyalists!"

End of Round One

Race: Human
HP: 38/52 SD: 3
AC:
22; FF:19 T:14
Spot:+5
Listen:+5
Search+2
[]Cure Minor; [] Detect Magic; []Detect Poison; [] Amanuensis []Create Water ; [] Mending
Fort:+9
Will: +12
Refl: +6
Initiative: +3
Range:+9/+4
Melee: +7/+2 (+1)
1st [6+1](DC16) [X]Bless; [] Entropic Shield[ ]Comprehend Languages; [ ]Endure Elements [ ] Divine Favor; []Lesser Vigor
2nd[4+1](DC17) [X]Avoid Planar effects; [X] Benediction; [X] Status [X] Lesser Restoration
3rd[4+1](DC18) [ X] Stone Shape [X]; Invisibility Purge; [X ] [X]Speak with Dead
4th: [3+1](DC19) [ ] Attune Form(extended) [] Sustain; [X] Mass, Lesser Vigor (extended)
STR:13+1
DEX: 16+ 3
CON: 14 + 2
INT: 14 +2
WIS: 20 +5
CHA:15 +2
XP: 28,000/36000
LevelStudiedUsedSpell..................................................................................
1 Longstrider
1XXSanctuary
2XLocate Object
2Shield Other
3xXProtection from Energy
3Fly
4Spell Immunity
4XXDim Door

"I cannot reduce it on my own, Loremaster," the altar replies to Akos telepathically. "Someone... you must help me! Now that I am free, it will only take a few moments for you to move the dials to the lowest settings and then engage the lever. I will guide you through the process. Hurry!"
"If only there was a way to affect the realm that Phelix is fighting from. Slow down his time advantage. Can you hide in his realm?"

To Vincenzo, he shouts,

"Can you use Shape Stone to make a wall in the hallway to block their path?"

I know it's not my turn, just rp stuff.

Active Spells:
Benediction (Rockthorn): 56 mins, 4 rounds
Protection From Fire (Tellerian Hawke Big Tim): 6 minutes and 5 rounds -protects from 96 points of fire damage
Invisibility Purge 6 minutes, 6 rounds
Avoid Planar Effects 67 rounds
Mass Lesser Vigor: 16 rounds:
Bless : 72 rounds

To Do:
OOC and OOC
-Speak to Oppia Nazaria

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Shield and mace are strongly magical! Also, all loyalists have conjuration potions, probably healing on them. Collect what you can, but don't waste time on it. If it's on the way, grab it. Otherwise ignore it! Lives are more important!

Also, there is magical dagger up there where Rockhorn fought!"

Akos takes his own advice grabbing the clerics shield on the way to the altar. He cannot really help with the statue and maybe a good dispel will help. Or confusion.
"OK, altar, guide me. Quickly."

OOC: Magic items from the hobgoblin should be square or two closer to the door than the body depending on how far Akos could casually toss them in a hurry as described in earlier posts.

Last edited:

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
Vincenzo sees the glow that comes from where the geni,Eeldai, said there was sound.

"Expandum petra" he speaks words of earthly power making his voice sounding as stone grinding against stone. The wall starts to expand from west to east...

At the finish of the spell he looks a bit drained, as he has not cast this level of power of spell outside of training. But his boyish grin speaks of his accomplishment.
Ooc: awaiting a saving throw from Knightfall, at -4, per discussion

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Vincenzo sees the glow that comes from where the genie, Eeldai, said there was sound.

"Expandum petra" he speaks words of earthly power making his voice sounding as stone grinding against stone. The wall starts to expand from west to east...

At the finish of the spell he looks a bit drained, as he has not cast this level of power of spell outside of training. But his boyish grin speaks of his accomplishment.
The stone of the corridor's walls and floor vibrate under the power of Vincenzo's magic. The stone begins to flow to block the corridor, but then the magic protecting the Ancients' stonework flares to life and Vinny's spell fizzles. The stone snaps back into place and the walls seem to hiss with a lifeforce all its own.

"Noooo. Noooo." Vincenzo hears a voice in his head. Then, there is the sound of strange disembodied laughter that echoes through the corridor.

"That's Aphogorin," Ting says telepathically to Falen and Vincenzo. "He sees all here. He is always watching."

"Here they come!" Eeldai shouts a warning.

The sound of footsteps can be heard from the end of the corridor. A Loyalist soldier steps around the low wall by the stairs and looks towards you. "The genie is free!"

"Then we must kill her," a dark echoing hissing voice replies. "Lord Phelix will be quite displeased if we let her or the Exemplars escape."

Around the low wall steps a strange-looking man wearing a horned... helmet? No, not a helmet. It appears to be more of a metallic headdress. His eyes glow green and an unnatural sickly green glow seems to encircle and twist around his body. Under the horned headdress, his face is covered in a black mask made of cloth. His clothes are coloured black and trimmed with what looks like silver thread and other adornments. A multitude of horns protrude from engraved metal plates strapped to his shoulders.

He strides forward towards Eeldai. "Time for you to die, genie."

"Not today, villain!" She waits and swings her magical scimitar twice at the evil man with all the strength she can muster in her weakened state. He easily avoids her attacks.

The man swings his heavy mace and impacts the genie's side. Falen and Vincenzo hear one of her ribs crack. She lets out a gasp of pain.

"Damn... it is him!" Gattas says with some fear in his eyes. "Do not underestimate him," he says to Falen and Vinny.

"I see you're still alive Gattas... and you've shown your disloyalty. A pity. Lord Phelix had hoped you would give yourself to the Unseen Abyss and all its dark glory. You should have fought to the death."

"For that madman, not a chance!"

"You will pay for your hubris, Gattas!" Kellam hisses. "Or should I call you Artor? That is your truename is it not? Artor Kieran. Lapdog of that pretender, Lord Wilton Blander."

"How long?"

"Right from the beginning." Kellam's hissing voice shakes and quivers like the sound of a serpent being strangled. It is the strangest eerie laughter Falen has ever heard.

Last edited:

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
"Stay back Gattas, you must live, as we all." He then removes hi shield off his back, which is odd as he is only now employing it as he mumbles something about saving the geni.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Custodio hears the warning from the genie. He looks at Tuck and asks, "Are you good?"

Tuck nods.

The Vanquisher cleric looks at Big Tim then at the silent knight standing by the table. Custodio can tell the young warrior is still hurt. He steps across the room and taps the knight on the shoulder. The man's head turns quickly like a cat about to strike, but then he sees Custodio and nods.

"I know you can't understand me, but I'm going to try to heal you now." He lifts his arm in front of him to present the tattooed holy symbol on his forearm. He calls upon the Purifier once more and the tattoo glows. Custodio reaches out to touch the knight's shoulder and healing energy flows from the tattoo through Custoodio's body and into the knight.

Once finished, Custodio points towards the doorway and lifts his warhammer. "We're not done yet. More villains."

The knight cocks his head, but then nods. He sheathes his dagger and motions to the potion bottle on the table.

"I'll get it," Custodio says with a nod.

The knight leaves the potion behind and moves towards the doorway. He stops next to Vitus and looks around the corner at the man radiating green light.

OOC: The knight doesn't have enough movement to make it into the corridor. The genie is in the way.

Race: Human
HP: 38/52 SD: 3
AC:
22; FF:19 T:14
Spot:+5
Listen:+5
Search+2
[]Cure Minor; [] Detect Magic; []Detect Poison; [] Amanuensis []Create Water ; [] Mending
Fort:+9
Will: +12
Refl: +6
Initiative: +3
Range:+9/+4
Melee: +7/+2 (+1)
1st [6+1](DC16) [X]Bless; [X] Entropic Shield[ ]Comprehend Languages; [ ]Endure Elements [ ] Divine Favor; []Lesser Vigor
2nd[4+1](DC17) [X]Avoid Planar effects; [X] Benediction; [X] Status [X] Lesser Restoration
3rd[4+1](DC18) [ X] Stone Shape [X]; Invisibility Purge; [X ] [X]Speak with Dead
4th: [3+1](DC19) [X ] Attune Form(extended) [X] Sustain; [X] Mass, Lesser Vigor (extended)
STR:13+1
DEX: 16+ 3
CON: 14 + 2
INT: 14 +2
WIS: 20 +5
CHA:15 +2
XP: 28,000/36000
LevelStudiedUsedSpell..................................................................................
1 Longstrider
1XXSanctuary
2XLocate Object
2Shield Other
3xXProtection from Energy
3Fly
4Spell Immunity
4XXDim Door

Vitas was disappointed the Stone Shape didn't take.

"Le cose stanno peggiorando" said Vitus in Ticin.
Not realizing he'd just spoke out loud, he cleared his head and turned his attention to the others,

"We have to leave. Protect our escape if you can.

He was glad that Falen was protecting the crystal,

To Custodio,

"If you need it, there's a wand of curing on my belt"

"Tyche, goddess of travel and luck, guide the enemy's blade away from myself and my allies."

With a prayer, Vitas moved to the hallway, next to the enemy, doing his best to look threatening...which was difficult considering he could hardly carry his own (disguised) armour.

"Lady Eeldai, our mission was to rescue you and the Knight. Please retreat."

The teenager's voice was calm and polite but there was a pleading concern in it - desperation, perhaps, as the boy faced enemies against whom he was completely outmatched.

First The KNight, Custodio, Vincenzo @ScottDeWar_jr and rockhorn @MetaVoid all get 1 hp. Hopefully you've all been tracking this through the various rounds.

@MetaVoid You still have benediction (see below)
@Tellerian Hawke You still have Protection From FIre (see below)

Casting Entropic Shield (20% miss chance to hit Vitus)
2 points of defending. Current AC is 24-2 Dex for encumbrance= AC: 22

Moving south, then west across the bottom part of the genie and then north next to the green knight guy. That may still provoke an attack of opportunity...I'm not sure but I'll take it just to defend our retreat.

Active Spells:
Benediction (Rockthorn): 56 mins, 3 rounds
Protection From Fire (Tellerian Hawke Big Tim): 6 minutes and 4 rounds -protects from 96 points of fire damage
Invisibility Purge 6 minutes, 5 rounds
Avoid Planar Effects 66 rounds
Mass Lesser Vigor: 15 rounds:
Bless : 71 rounds
Sustain: 48 hours
Attune Form: 48 hours

To Do:
OOC and OOC
-Speak to Oppia Nazaria

Last edited:

Rockhorn urges Spritewing.
"Let's go! Go as fast as you can ignore the fighting and if we have to chose between that rock and you, I choose you. Bolt if you have to, it will remain aloft for some time. And if it crashes, you'll know you don't have to wait for me. I'll be right behind you. Wait only for Tuck to fasten the wizard and rush out."

"Don't die, idiot! Rush until you rejoin with others. You cannot protect anyone while in here. And leave the treasure!"

Spritewing puts his wings forward and down for kobolds easier access to his cargo, craddling the statue between them.

"Right!" huffs Rockhorn "My turn! Vitus, move that knight aside, I cannot charge like this!"
Still, his movement greatly improved by the haste spell, he rushes forward pulling tanglefoot bag as he goes and activating his giant felling gauntlets. He's not sure if it will work on green fire thingy, but it is better than nothing.

After Tuck finishes, the pegasus deftly navigates between and under the large genie and few allies and rushes away carrying the petrified wizard helping to stabilize him with his wings and protecting him from bumps and scrapes.

Spritewing: double move, 120' should be enough to get to the bottom of the map even with two diagonal moves (3 squares) and going over the body of the cleric.

Rockhorn:
Move: triple move (run) for 45' to 10' behind the knight (in the same line), just above the dead loyalist
Standard: Tanglefoot bag on Lellam: 1d20+8+1+1= [14]+8+1+1 = 24 - touch attack :)
OOC: Dumb wild dwarves cannot move as far as basic dwarves in heavy armor (unless it is a default for all dwarves, it doesn't say they can move in their racial abilities). Which makes sense, but Rockhorn is slower than a rock off his mount :)

Haste! Haste. Oh, I could kiss whoever cast it :)

Also, @Knightfall, should I roll for Spritewing HP? I didn't because it is 'a typical monster of its type' which gets average at the start. But I can...

Last edited:

Remove ads