• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@MetaVoid's wish list cut & pasted from the Discord...

MetaVoid — 23/09/2023 17:02
Treasure wish list (too much total, but for discussion, in order of preference):
  • Lucky gloves
  • Insightful helm
  • Rugged belt
  • MW blowpipe and darts
  • Returning shortspear
  • Any ring of protection or amulet of natural armor the party is willing to give

You know, as a semi-related topic, I’ve noticed that allocating treasure in PBPs is a huge pain. I noticed it in a bunch of the games I’m in. People just forget that there is items and nobody sticks anything on their sheets. Or people can’t decide and then items just get forgotten completely.

So, as a random topic of conversation that has nothing to do with current treasure allocation, I was brainstorming of different ways a pbp can do this. (Maybe I should put this in its own thread??)

One way that I thought was to do it as a hockey draft but I think that would also have its issues. So, if there’s 5 people, you list the top 5 most expensive items and everyone takes a turn (roll to see what order people pick) and then you just keep doing 5 items at a time, each time, someone different gets to choose first. Then, everything is allocated and people can trade or sell or whatever.

@Aust Thale don't feel obligated to donate / sell items just because you're over the curve for the moment. We can adjust that next time - and besides, wealth by level is just a guideline. The group have you items you can use, so feel free to use them.

Aust Thale

Adventurer
@Aust Thale don't feel obligated to donate / sell items just because you're over the curve for the moment. We can adjust that next time - and besides, wealth by level is just a guideline. The group have you items you can use, so feel free to use them.
Thanks for saying that! It’s appreciated. There is a more practical reason alongside game fairness that I’m putting the Dancing Dagger back. It didn’t get used in the Crossed Candle battle. That’s a weapon that ought to be deployed, and I didn’t do that because my character’s limited action economy. Somebody else could have used it, and if not, it needs to be sold to give everybody more gp such that you all can maximize what you want.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
For @Tellerian Hawke,

[Cloak of Resistance +2 (value subtracted from first list of treasure)]
- Fixes error in allocation
---
Potion of Barkskin +4 (used during battle), 900 gp
Potion of Bear's Endurance (used during battle), 300 gp
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds ["red"] (used during battle), 180 gp
Potion of Cure Serious Wounds, 450 gp
---
T.H.'s Wish List
Gloves of Swimming and Climbing, 3,750 gp
Potion of Enlarge Person, 150 gp (willing to give up)
What else?
=========
Full Share: 20,351 gp
  • - 5,580 gp
  • - 407 gp (city fee)
  • - 71 gp (Tim's partial cost for group's Artificer's Monocle)
=========
14,293 gp (remaining share)

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Custodio's Half Share Wish List
Coins: 5 pp and 7 pp
Gems: Rock Crystal (clear quartz) [x2] and Peridot, 100 gp
Potion of Air Breathing, 750 gp
Potion of Barkskin +3, 600 gp
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds ["red"], 180 gp
Potion of Darkvision, 300 gp