Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I'm not sure. Maybe. :unsure:

You're thinking of having Akos drag Tuck into the zone?
I was thinking casting dispel, and 3.5e doesn't have free movement before and after standard action. But yes, he is small and Akos can move him easily. In addition, if it can be negated it can be dispeled - I could risk mass dispel

So we have many, many rounds where we can’t act? Are you going to roll strength damage and rounds affected or should we do it each individually ?

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I was thinking casting dispel, and 3.5e doesn't have free movement before and after standard action. But yes, he is small and Akos can move him easily. In addition, if it can be negated it can be dispeled - I could risk mass dispel
I don't know if using dispel magic against the effects of blasphemy would/should work. The spell, or in this case the SLA, is instantaneous. It doesn't have a duration. Yes, its effects have a duration, but the spell doesn't doesn't 'attach' itself to a character.

I do think that if Akos drags Tuck into the antimagic field, the active effects will be supressed for as long as Tuck remains in the field. I think. I'm not 100% sure.

I've just been reading through this old thread (2004) regarding blasphemy and how to protect against it.

One thing in that thread seems to be the idea that a character doesn't have to hear the words of the blasphemy to be affected by it. If being deaf doesn't matter, then it would affect the young knight anyway. I'm not sure I agree with that idea. I'm probably going to house rule that a deaf character cannot be affected by blasphemy... well, except for the part about being sent back to one's home plane. But, since our fight is taking place in a demiplane where no one is on their home plane, that part of blasphemy doesn't apply.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Blasphemy is instantaneous so, once the spell hits someone, the effects wouldn’t be affected by anti magic. You need some kind of effect that removes the dazed condition. That’s how I read it.
See, this was my initial thought as well. Yet, I'm still not sure about how antimagic field should work if Akos drags Tuck into the zone. Antimagic field says this...
(The effects of instantaneous conjurations are not affected by an antimagic field because the conjuration itself is no longer in effect, only its result.)
It refers to instant conjurations. Blasphemy is an instant evocation. Still, I'm not really sure if dragging Tuck into the field should work. If the temporary Strength loss is considered ability damage, then it probably wouldn't work.

I'm going to wait to see if I get any advice on the thread about blasphemy. I have a feeling any advice I get will be that the antimagic field doesn't have an effect on the conditions inflicted since the spell is instantaneous. The field protected Akos since he was in it, but dragging Tuck into the field probably doesn't reverse the effects of blasphemy.

(Lesser restoration and restoration will have an effect on an ability score reduced by blasphemy. Custodio has lesser restoration memorized. He will cast that on Tim in round 10.)

Now, regarding dispel magic, from the SRD...
Note: The effect of a spell with an instantaneous duration can’t be dispelled, because the magical effect is already over before the dispel magic can take effect.
So, that's a hard 'no' to Akos being able to use dispel magic to get rid of the effects of blasphemy.

Remove ads