• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Start of Round 4
With the ooze gone, the large spiders become emboldened. They rush to attack from all sides. Four enter the courtyard from the open double doors to the west. The lead spider tries to bite Caerth, but the druid is too elusive in his lizard form.

Two climb across the roof from the south and stop at the edge of the roof. One of them spins a web and shoots it at Maur. The webbing catches the dwarf champion off guard, as he is focused on the nightshade in front of him. He soon finds himself webbed to the table and bench beside him.

Three climb across the roof from the southeast towards Shouzas and Aureus. One of them rushes at the scorpion and tries to bite the magical beast, but the attack is a weak one. Shouzas quickly counters and slices a deep wound in the spider with his claw.

Aureus hears another one of the spiders moving around somewhere to the northeast. There is a large gap in the roof.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Gah! Blergh! You think this little goop will help you? I've had worse after temple celebrations!"
Maur sneers at the creature
"Phar, is this a creature of chaos?"

OOC: I'm going on a tour tomorrow and will not post before Wednesday. I know it's not yet my turn, but I don't want you to wait for the round

Litrix looks over the array of spiders thinking the plan to have a choke point was great one. At that point, one of the chucked glob of web at their dwarven champion, rendering the plan pointless. Of course. No plan survives the contact with an enemy. But they have to keep casters safe.

"Quinn, go help Caerth. I'll go to Maur. Phar! Aureus! Start blasting that blasted spider!"
The marshal moves forward and smites the outsider spider.
"Come on, we can do it!"

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Litrix looks over the array of spiders thinking the plan to have a choke point was great one. At that point, one of the chucked glob of web at their dwarven champion, rendering the plan pointless. Of course. No plan survives the contact with an enemy. But they have to keep casters safe.

"Quinn, go help Caerth. I'll go to Maur. Phar! Aureus! Start blasting that blasted spider!"
The marshal moves forward and smites the outsider spider.
"Come on, we can do it!"
Quinn nods silently, as he moves towards the onrushing spiders. He lashes out with his spiked chain and cuts a deep wound in one of the large spiders threatening Caerth.

Litrix comes up next to Maur and brings his sword around against the deadly nightshade. He hits the creature easily enough, but is surprised that his blade doesn't cut a deep wound in the evil extraplanar spider. The nightshade seems as resistant to Litrix's weapon as it is was to Maur's.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The medium-sized spider in the armoury rush into the courtyard. One scrambles next to the wall to avoid Maur. Shouzas is unable to react to the spider's movement. The other spiders in the courtyard move to attack Caerth. They bite at the wild shaped druid and one of them manages to sink in its fangs. The bite is barely a scratch to Caerth in his lizard form, and the spider's venom has no effect on the druid.

The spider moving along the wall heads towards Phar. Aureus reacts and fires two arrows into the spider but it doesn't fall.

Caerth ignores the smaller spider and bites at the larger spider that Quinn hit with his spiked chain. The bite tears away flesh and the spider shudders. It doesn't die.

Race: Silver-Grey Elf Paragon
HP: 54/54
AC:
23; FF:19 T: 16
TempAC: 25 FF:21 T:18
Spot:+12
Listen:+8
Search+13
Mage Hand; Open/Close; ❏❏Detect Magi;❏❏Electric Jolt;❏❏Prestidigitation
Fort:+4
Will: +8(10) (+1/+2 vs fear)
Refl: +8
Initiative: +3
Range:+9/+4
Melee: +6/+1
1st [7+1](DC20) ❏Familiar Pocket ❏Feather Fall; [][]*Magic Missile; [] Protection from Evil; [] Slide []Feather fall
2nd[6+1](D21) ❏Cat's Grace (DC:21)[X]Glitterdust [X][X] [] *Scorching Ray ❏Web; []Luminous Swarm
3rd[6+1](DC22)❏Dispel Magic ❏*Fireball ❏Fly; [ ] [ ]Haste; ❏*Lightning Bolt [X] Summon Monster III
STR:11
DEX: 18 + 4
CON: 12 + 1
INT: 28+9
WIS: 12 +1
CHA:12 +1
XP: 65500/66000
(DC23)4th [5+1❏❏*Fire Shield ❏*Ice Storm [] [] polymorph []Summon Monster IV
5th(4+1) (DC24) [X] []Dismissal ; []Wall of FIre; []Break Enchantment; [X] Wall of Force
6th (2+1)[DC25] []Disintegrate; []*Wall of Force; []Cacophonic Burst

"Phar, is this a creature of chaos?"
"I do not know and can only guess that it is, based on its actions but there are all types of creatures in the realm of the Shadowsea. It is resistant to magical weapons"

out of turn rp.

Force Wall 1 round/level: round 2 of 11
Glitterdust: 1 round/level 1/11 (-40 to hide)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Angus sizes up the extraplanar spider while ignoring the smaller spiders next to him. He brings his sword around in a vicious arc and manages to land a strike on the nightshade, but Phar is right, the beast seems to be resistant to his blade. He swings again but the spider barely evades the blade. The forest reeve centaur brings his shield down on the spider's head, but the nightshade's tough exterior just absorbs the strike.

The creature turns and tries to bite the centaur, but the nightshade's attack is a poor one.

Race: Silver-Grey Elf Paragon
HP: 54/54
AC:
23; FF:19 T: 16
TempAC: 25 FF:21 T:18
Spot:+12
Listen:+8
Search+13
Mage Hand; Open/Close; ❏❏Detect Magi;❏❏Electric Jolt;❏❏Prestidigitation
Fort:+4
Will: +8(10) (+1/+2 vs fear)
Refl: +8
Initiative: +3
Range:+9/+4
Melee: +6/+1
1st [7+1](DC20) ❏Familiar Pocket ❏Feather Fall; [][]*Magic Missile; [] Protection from Evil; [] Slide []Feather fall
2nd[6+1](D21) ❏Cat's Grace (DC:21)[X]Glitterdust [X][X] [] *Scorching Ray ❏Web; []Luminous Swarm
3rd[6+1](DC22)❏Dispel Magic ❏*Fireball ❏Fly; [ ] [ ]Haste; ❏*Lightning Bolt [X] Summon Monster III
STR:11
DEX: 18 + 4
CON: 12 + 1
INT: 28+9
WIS: 12 +1
CHA:12 +1
XP: 65500/66000
(DC23)4th [5+1❏❏*Fire Shield ❏*Ice Storm [] [] polymorph []Summon Monster IV
5th(4+1) (DC24) [X] [X]Dismissal ; []Wall of FIre; []Break Enchantment; [X] Wall of Force
6th (2+1)[DC25] []Disintegrate; []*Wall of Force; []Cacophonic Burst

"I apologize for being a one-trick Elf but CUR AS A DHREUCHD!"

Phar, once again, casts dismissal.

I’ll post rolls tomorrow but we failed to cast defensively
Concentration : 1D20+16 = [3]+16 = 19
Spell failure: 1D100 = [82] = 82
Spell penetration: 1D20+21 = [16]+21 = 37

Force Wall 1 round/level: round 3 of 11
Glitterdust: 1 round/level 2/11 (-40 to hide)

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
{Phar casts Dismissal on defensive}
The Nightshade is taken completely by surprise. It didn't suspect that the elf paragon would have a second dismissal spell. As Phar once again summons the magic to banish the spider back to the Shadowstar Sea, the medium spider tries to bite the wizard, but Phar manages to evade the vermin's fangs.

"Noooooo!" The nightshade shrieks... and then it is gone.

"Yes!" Aureus shouts triumphantly.

The spiders seem shaken by the nightshade's sudden disappearance. They hiss at each other and at you all and the larger spiders canter awkwardly on their legs.

Then, Shouzas makes a loud chortling noise and the arachnids begin shrieking and looking for an escape route.

OOC: Okay, so @Neurotic you're up for Maur. Phar has dismissed the nightshade and the spiders are turning on each other or looking for an escape route. Maur is still webbed, and there aren't any spiders next to him.

Shouzas does not stop attacking. The magical scorpion makes a 5-ft adjustment and attacks the two large spiders on the roof next to him. He is now defending his territory.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Angus will not stop attacking, either. In his mind, the spiders' normal instincts have been corrupted by the nightshade. They are now agents of evil and chaos. They must be destroyed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads