Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Quinn

"Aye, walk behind me. The stairs there seem dangerous, the moisture has likely made them slippery with algae. Falling from up there wouldn't be pretty." the seasoned warrior comments.

Scotley

Hero
Phar keeps his bow ready and watches the top of the stairs while the dead are searched. "Should we burn the bodies? If the others move them into the water won't they regenerate?"

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Aureus puts the coins and the box into her backpack. Then she moves on to the body at the base of the stairs and does a thorough search of it as well.
This dead man's gear has less taint on it, although his chain armor has been pierced and slashed through by savage claw marks. His gauntlets are undamaged, and he wears a decent set of leather boots. A pouch is still attached to his belt and it holds another 6 platinum coins! These men have been paid well. Then you note the man's features. He isn't a human like the other one. He looks a lot like Caerth, although he's more savage looking, but he's not as bulky. He's likely a half-orc but with something darker mixed in his blood -- a fiendblooded*, perhaps. You dig a little deeper into the man's belongings and find a waterskin with fouled wine in it, a tarnished dagger with a serrated edge, a half-empty backpack containing spoiled rations, pieces of a torn bedroll, a clay mug (with dead bug in it), a useable flint and steel kit, and a sealed scroll case. As you turn his over, you note that he is lying on a weapon -- an axe. you have to roll the man down off the steps to get at it. It doesn't look tarnished at all and has runic writing on its wide blade, and its haft has an intricate metal skull on the end. It's probably the finest looking weapon you've ever seen, although its very disturbing to look at.

OOC: The Maran word for a half-fiend.

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Aureus Canis, female hutaakan rogue

This dead man's gear has less taint on it, although his chain armor has been pierced and slashed through by savage claw marks. His gauntlets are undamaged, and he wears a decent set of leather boots. A pouch is still attached to his belt and it holds another 6 platinum coins! These men have been paid well. Then you note the man's features. He isn't a human like the other one. He looks a lot like Caerth, although he's more savage looking, but he's not as bulky. He's likely a half-orc but with something darker mixed in his blood -- a fiendblooded*, perhaps. You dig a little deeper into the man's belongings and find a waterskin with fouled wine in it, a tarnished dagger with a serrated edge, a half-empty backpack containing spoiled rations, pieces of a torn bedroll, a clay mug (with dead bug in it), a useable flint and steel kit, and a sealed scroll case. As you turn his over, you note that he is lying on a weapon -- an axe. you have to roll the man down off the steps to get at it. It doesn't look tarnished at all and has runic writing on its wide blade, and its haft has an intricate metal skull on the end. It's probably the finest looking weapon you've ever seen, although its very disturbing to look at.

Aureus grabs the coins, the dagger, the flint and steel and the scroll case. She tries to open the scroll case but finds that it is a bit more difficult. So she places the other things in her backpack and pulls out her finely made tools. She then begins work on opening the scroll case. Being unable to open it, she tucks it away in her pack as well. Then she will try to move the body so she can get to the axe.

OOC: Open Locks check (1d20+21=37)

Last edited by a moderator:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Aureus grabs the coins, the dagger, the flint and steel and the scroll case. She tries to open the scroll case but finds that it is a bit more difficult. So she places the other things in her backpack and pulls out her finely made tools. She then begins work on opening the scroll case. Once she has it open she looks at what is inside.
You work at the scroll case for a few minutes, but you cannot figure out how to get it open. You've open complicated puzzle boxes easier than this thing. Whoever created it either designed it to be extremely hard to open or protected it with some sort of magical seal.

Scotley

Hero
"Maybe I can do something with the box when we have more time and I'm willing to expect my magic. For now let's roll this fellow away and take a better look at that axe. That doesn't strike me as the sort of thing a lowly underling would have."

Scotley

Hero
"This axe is foul, I cannot determine its value and I don't think we would want to sell it to the sort of person who might want to own it. It reeks of death." He wrinkles his nose. "That said, I think we should not leave it just sitting around either. Unless someone wants to try and learn more about it I'll just put it in my pack. We should get moving now."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
With the axe safely stowed away, you are all ready to head up the stairs. Quinn has offered to lead the way.

[sblock="For JustinCase"]You feel as though you are forgetting something important. Something about the dangers that you will be facing.

OOC: Wisdom check: DC 10[/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Caerth

Caerth frowns, and mumbles, "I almost forgot; the wax is still in the boat." Quickly but cautiously the half-orc druid moves to the wharf, looking around to make sure no scrags are waiting in ambush, and retrieves the beeswax.

"Got it!"

Remove ads