• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Scotley

Hero
Phar grunts in pain from the wound. "I could try a fireball, but I wonder if the foe could be the undead remains of the guards. I heard the distinct sound of bone being struck. Perhaps divine rather than arcane power is called for? Either way, we best move that screaming bolt is going to draw trouble." He struggles to take a few steps despite the pain in his leg.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Caerth Heart-of-Oak

Seeing Phar hit something with his arrow, Caerth attempts to do the same. Releasing the string of his large bow, he lets fly an arrow in the general direction of the bolts. Being focused thus, the half-orc barely notices the wail of the arrow that could frighten a different man.

"I already used my lightning spell," Caerth replies, "So unless those archers are natural, which I doubt, we'll have to do this the old-fashioned way." With that, the half-orc reaches for another arrow.

OOC: Using his readied action, Caerth attacks with his bow and arrow: Attack 1d20+9+1=14, damage (if any) 1d8+5+1=12.
Will save against the screaming bolt: 1d20+8+1=29

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Lorien frees himself from the rope binding you all together and carefully move up the stairs with Aureus. the hutaakan rogue easily outdistances the elven bard.

Seeing Phar hit something with his arrow, Caerth attempts to do the same. Releasing the string of his large bow, he lets fly an arrow in the general direction of the bolts. Being focused thus, the half-orc barely notices the wail of the arrow that could frighten a different man.

"I already used my lightning spell," Caerth replies, "So unless those archers are natural, which I doubt, we'll have to do this the old-fashioned way." With that, the half-orc reaches for another arrow.
You shrug off the effects of the screaming bolt and let loose with your arrow. The arrow breaks against the stone wall.

Another barrage of five bolts fly through the air just after your shot. None of them hit.

OOC: Lorien's Will save vs. the Screaming bolt: 9+4+1=14 | Attack rolls: 8+3=11 (vs. Lorien) [miss]; 6+3=9 (vs. Lorien) [miss]; 1+3=4 (vs. Quinn) [miss]; 9+3=11 (vs. Phar) [miss]; 4+3=7 (vs. Caerth) [miss].

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Aureus looks toward where the arrows and tries to discern what is happening. Then she moves up the stairs and tries to hide in the shadows.
Your keen ears easily pick up the sounds of whatever is moving on the other side of the wall. She cannot see them, however. There must be someway to get at them. A secret door perhaps. She knows she'll have to get closer to find it.

Scotley

Hero
Phar moves toward the arrow slits as fast as his wounded leg allows. He doesn't try to shoot again but instead concentrates on defense and tries to get to a position between arrow slits where he can get close to the wall an avoid the arrows.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Phar moves toward the arrow slits as fast as his wounded leg allows. He doesn't try to shoot again but instead concentrates on defense and tries to get to a position between arrow slits where he can get close to the wall an avoid the arrows.
As Phar moves up the stone steps, he notices Aureus getting ready to move near the arrow slits up ahead. His leg troubles him but the wound isn't too severe. He glances back to see Caerth line up for another shot.

Aureus continues to move up the stairs and tries to hide in the shadows while moving quietly.
She easily glides forward and soon finds herself near the arrow slits. It wouldn't be too hard to take a quick peek in the nearest opening. Her canine ears can clear here the creak of wood and metal as the archers reset their crossbows. She also clearly hears the the rattling and scraping of bone. And she can smell the stench of death and decay.

Quinn follows in behind Phar. He can see the elf is favoring one leg, but there isn't room to help him. The stairs are barely wide enough to pass him. Quinn rushes by carefully in hopes of distancing himself from the next hail of bolts.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Lorien watches as the others pick their way up to the arrow slits. Aureus moves with quiet ease while Phar trails behind favoring his leg. Quinn rushes forward past you while keeping one eye on the shear drop off the stairs. Caerth is lining up for another shot a bit behind you. The elven bard unsheathes his sword and continues to sing his song of inspiration. He moves up to Phar and casts a healing spell to ease Phar's leg.

OOC: Cast Cure Moderate Wounds >> 2d8+7 = 3 + 3 + 7 = 13

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Quinn can't do much else than keep moving, hoping Phar's wound wouldn't delay him much. He keeps his senses sharp, trying to spot an incoming arrow, or a harpy...
OOC:
OOC: Quinn will double move again, why didn't I buy a bow, damn it![/occ]

Remove ads