• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Race: Silver-Grey Elf Paragon
HP: 54/54
AC:
23; FF:19 T: 16
TempAC: 25 FF:21 T:18
Spot:+12
Listen:+8
Search+13
Mage Hand; Open/Close; ❏❏Detect Magi;❏❏Electric Jolt;❏❏Prestidigitation
Fort:+4
Will: +8(10) (+1/+2 vs fear)
Refl: +8
Initiative: +3
Range:+9/+4
Melee: +6/+1
1st [7+1](DC20) ❏Familiar Pocket ❏Feather Fall; [][]*Magic Missile; [] Protection from Evil; [] Slide []Feather fall
2nd[6+1](D21) ❏Cat's Grace (DC:21)[X]Glitterdust [X][X] [] *Scorching Ray ❏Web; []Luminous Swarm
3rd[6+1](DC22)❏Dispel Magic ❏*Fireball ❏Fly; [ ] [ ]Haste; ❏*Lightning Bolt [X] Summon Monster III
STR:11
DEX: 17 + 3
CON: 12 + 1
INT: 22+7
WIS: 12 +1
CHA:12 +1
XP: 65500/66000
(DC23)4th [5+1❏❏*Fire Shield ❏*Ice Storm [] [] polymorph []Summon Monster IV
5th(4+1) (DC24) [] []Dismissal ; []Wall of FIre; []Break Enchantment; [X] Wall of Force
6th (2+1)[DC25] []Disintegrate; []*Wall of Force; []Cacophonic Burst

It felt like killing spiders was an inevitability if they did nothing directly to the Nightshade. The fighters would have to fight their way through the webs and the hapless arachnids to get to the Outsider. While Phar was confident in his companions ability to avoid getting bitten - the spiders were having troubles getting through his companion's tough armour - retreating from the webs was only serving to give the spiders more opportunity to advance instead of blocking them inside the building. They would eventually get surrounded and things might get heated.

Phar was an evoker and he could conjure destruction upon the entire nest but he respected Cearth too much. He'd wait - they had a bit of time. If he waited too long, though, and the spiders overran them, his allies would get caught in the destruction.

Sighing that he couldn't pin-point the Nightshade, he risked trying to get it out of its hiding spot.

"If we are going to retreat, then retreat back towards Strateas's tomb. They cannot flank us and we can defend it easily."

I mean...I could annihilate a lot of spiders right now...but, for Cearth, I'll hold back.

Glitterdust on the ooze. See the picture below.
there is no spell resistance and the blindness won't work on spiders. -40 to hide checks.

Force Wall 1 round/level: round 1 of 11
Glitterdust: 1 round/level 0/11
glitterdust.png

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
It felt like killing spiders was an inevitability if they did nothing directly to the Nightshade. The fighters would have to fight their way through the webs and the hapless arachnids to get to the Outsider. While Phar was confident in his companions ability to avoid getting bitten - the spiders were having troubles getting through his companion's tough armour - retreating from the webs was only serving to give the spiders more opportunity to advance instead of blocking them inside the building. They would eventually get surrounded and things might get heated.

Phar was an evoker and he could conjure destruction upon the entire nest but he respected Cearth too much. He'd wait - they had a bit of time. If he waited too long, though, and the spiders overran them, his allies would get caught in the destruction.

Sighing that he couldn't pin-point the Nightstalker, he risked trying to get it out of its hiding spot.

"If we are going to retreat, then retreat back towards Strateas's tomb. They cannot flank us and we can defend it easily."
Phar's spell bursts to cover the hapless spiders and the ooze in golden sparkles. The ooze doesn't react to the spell, but Phar hears the Nightshade screech again. The glowing particles light up the spiders and the ooze.

While Phar can't see the Nightshade from his vantage point, Maur can barely see through the wall of force and webs sticking to it onther side. Something that is nearly invisible in the webbing and shifting form of the ooze sparkles with the glowing particles. The Nightshade won't be able to hide easily again.

"Sparkly," Aureus says with a grin and a swoosh of her tail.

I mean...I could annihilate a lot of spiders right now...but, for Cearth, I'll hold back.

Glitterdust on the ooze. See the picture below.
there is no spell resistance and the blindness won't work on spiders. -40 to hide checks.

Glitterdust: 1 round/level 0/11

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Maur smiles grimly as he caught sight of the creature. And he knows just the spell to avoid harming normal spiders.
"You, creature of darkness, come forward! Yield to your fate!"

He casts something and driving rain falls inside covering the entire back of the building, falling all over the ooze and the master creature inside. It drenches normal animal, but cleanses the outsider of it's evil, washing away foulness in a torrent.

The creature is hidden in the downpour and any chance of ranged combat drops significantly.

OOC: -4 to listen, spot and search checks and ranged attacks from or into the storm. It also extinguishes non-magical fires
Move: 5' step away if possible to maintain line of sight
Otherwise cast defensively: Concentration 21 neurotic: D20 + 16#maurconcentration → 21(5 + 16)#Maur concentration
Standard: cast holy storm centered on the bottom center of the nightshade, bottom left corner if the middle is not visible
9 damage to evil creatures, 13 if it is evil outsider (although the spell says double damage, so maybe it is 18? I've rolled separately because I'm not sure)
neurotic: 2D6 + 2D6#maurholystorm → 13( (4 +5) + (3 +1) )#Maur holy storm

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Maur smiles grimly as he caught sight of the creature. And he knows just the spell to avoid harming normal spiders.
"You, creature of darkness, come forward! Yield to your fate!"

He casts something and driving rain falls inside covering the entire back of the building, falling all over the ooze and the master creature inside. It drenches normal animal, but cleanses the outsider of it's evil, washing away foulness in a torrent.

The creature is hidden in the downpour and any chance of ranged combat drops significantly.
The extraplanar spider screeches in discomfort and Maur is pleased to see that the holy storm also burns the ooze as well. It writhes and seems to hiss under the magical storm.

Neurotic said:
OOC: 9 damage to evil creatures, 13 if it is evil outsider (although the spell says double damage, so maybe it is 18? I've rolled separately because I'm not sure)
neurotic: 2D6 + 2D6#maurholystorm → 13( (4 +5) + (3 +1) )#Maur holy storm
OOC: I think you've got it right. Nine damage to both the Nightshade and the ooze.

Up on the roof, Shouzas seems to be tracking on the spiders inside the building. The magical beast can sense it with his tremorsense ability.

End of Round 2

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Start of Round 3
The Nightshade lets out a screech that sounds more like a roar. The ooze shudders and shifts and makes a strange sound that reminds you of leather being torn. The spiders closest to the ooze stop swaying. Several of them make a low shrieking sound. The large spiders rush away from the Nightshade and the ooze. The smaller ones seem to tremble in fear.

Featar speaks to Phar. He tells him that two spiders are now on the roof and another one is outside on the ground.

Phar and Aureus hear a bristling sound. One of the large spiders appears just inside in the open doorway. It eyes the two of them hungrily.

Litrix nods to Quinn "Thanks!"
And then starts a cadence of orders, counting steps for everyone to retreat in orderly fashion.
"Come on then! Orderly retreat in step in three, two, one...Phar, Caerth, Aureus go! Quinn, three, two, one, follow! Maur, Angus, all together now, go!"

OOC: everyone gets move action right now :) Maur will take OA unfortunately, I'm counting on the disruption of control :)

Standard: Grant move action to everyone
Move: retreat with the group

Neurotic

Maur is used to commanders yelling and he has to give the boy credit, he knows how to hold the line. Still, he would prefer killing the pest in front of him before retreating. The webs make things difficult and this will buy them some time. He's not convinced of wisdom of getting into small space with only one entrance, but open space in front will enable Phar and Caerth more freedom with spell use.

Steeling himself for potential retaliation, he steps backward as Angus starts moving, keeping centaurs front hooves in his peripheral vision.

Neurotic

Seeing Angus hesitate, noticing he can see the ranger in full instead of only his front, Maur calls out "Angus, we need to work together to keep the line! You can run circles around me, follow my speed so we keep casters safe and attack surface low. We're outnumbered, no one doubts your courage, this is tactical to let fireballs work for us!"

OOC: deja vu, I think we has similar situation earlier in the temple fight :D just not sure if it was Maur or Quinn who remained behind/rushed off? I think it was just before angus joined?

Race: Silver-Grey Elf Paragon
HP: 54/54
AC:
23; FF:19 T: 16
TempAC: 25 FF:21 T:18
Spot:+12
Listen:+8
Search+13
Mage Hand; Open/Close; ❏❏Detect Magi;❏❏Electric Jolt;❏❏Prestidigitation
Fort:+4
Will: +8(10) (+1/+2 vs fear)
Refl: +8
Initiative: +3
Range:+9/+4
Melee: +6/+1
1st [7+1](DC20) ❏Familiar Pocket ❏Feather Fall; [][]*Magic Missile; [] Protection from Evil; [] Slide []Feather fall
2nd[6+1](D21) ❏Cat's Grace (DC:21)[X]Glitterdust [X][X] [] *Scorching Ray ❏Web; []Luminous Swarm
3rd[6+1](DC22)❏Dispel Magic ❏*Fireball ❏Fly; [ ] [ ]Haste; ❏*Lightning Bolt [X] Summon Monster III
STR:11
DEX: 17 + 3
CON: 12 + 1
INT: 22+7
WIS: 12 +1
CHA:12 +1
XP: 65500/66000
(DC23)4th [5+1❏❏*Fire Shield ❏*Ice Storm [] [] polymorph []Summon Monster IV
5th(4+1) (DC24) [] []Dismissal ; []Wall of FIre; []Break Enchantment; [X] Wall of Force
6th (2+1)[DC25] []Disintegrate; []*Wall of Force; []Cacophonic Burst

Phar listens to Litrix and moves back towards the tomb. "Featar says there are two more on the roof and others outside on the ground. Angus join us and I will do my best to cover our retreat and, perhaps, give us a moment of reprieve."

In the language that only the two of them share, Phar chirps to Featar, "Come back friend, we may need your speed!"

As mentioned OOC thread, Phar moves back 3 squares towards the tomb.
If it's possible for Featar to also get a free move action, He will fly back towards Phar. I may want to share spells or deliver a touch spell with him. Hawks have a 60 foot fly speed.

Glitterdust: 1 round/level 0/11 (-40 to hide)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Just as he was about to dive into the mass of spiders, Caerth-as-lizard hears Litrix call out for a retreat. Reluctantly the druid decides to follow the man's tactical orders, not yet seeing how it may help them against this hive but understanding strength in numbers goes both ways.

Instead of climbing over the buildings, he jumps off the wall and dashes over the table and rubble in the courtyard.

OOC: Moving so that he is close to his allies; the map in the OOC thread has Caerth too far away to my taste. But any spider that comes within range will get bitten.

Remove ads