• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
(copied from the other game thread)

I regret to say that I'm dropping out of these games.

As you've all noticed, I haven't been able to keep up with posting for some time now. A busy job and a busy family life have severely restricted the time I can spend on this forum, and I've been feeling guilty for not partaking in these excellent games. Dropping out of all PbP games except these two was sadly not enough.

The Crow God game was probably my first PbP game here, and I still love it (and Caerth in particular) so I think I'll drop by every now and then. Hopefully one day I'll have more time and get back. But for now, sorry, and thanks for being patient with me.

Good gaming!
That's tough to hear, man. But I understand, and I'm not that surprised.

I will take over running both Caerth and Tuck. I could try to have someone else take them over, if you're okay with that idea. If not, I'll just make them NPCs for now.

Keep checking in and let us know how things are going.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
So...Caerth remains behind to tend to the manor and the scorpion?
A high level Druid can really spiff up a building pretty easily if they dedicate their time to it
That's an interesting idea.

Sounds like a good way to retire Caerth.
If you really want me to retire the character instead of making him an NPC, then that's what we'll do. It will make some aspects of what I've been planning for the group a bit more challenging, but I'll adapt.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Honestly I’m fine if you make Caerth an NPC with a small or large role in the story. I don’t feel comfortable with someone else (other than you as the DM) playing him, though. There a lot of myself in that stubborn half-orc, I guess.

I’m not as invested in Tuck as I am in Caerth, so if someone wants to take over the urban ranger character, that’s fine.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Honestly I’m fine if you make Caerth an NPC with a small or large role in the story. I don’t feel comfortable with someone else (other than you as the DM) playing him, though. There a lot of myself in that stubborn half-orc, I guess.
Okay, then I'll probably have him be an NPC until after the PCs confront Eike. After that, he just might retire in Carnell or at the newlt discovered temple.

And I agree, having someone else take over the character wouldn't feel right.

JustinCase said:
I’m not as invested in Tuck as I am in Caerth, so if someone wants to take over the urban ranger character, that’s fine.
It's a fun character, but l do have a plan in mind for how he and Mutt will retire from the game. Maybe not right away but sooner rather than later.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know your thoughts. I'll figure it out as we go along.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Round Four
Vicious Ghoul [vs. Angus] (badly wounded): 28
Aureus (fly, haste): 24
Caerth (haste; slightly wounded): 23
Quinn (haste; wounded): 16
Vicious Ghoul [vs. Caerth]: 16 (jumped over Maur)
Litrix (haste): 14
Angus (haste; wounded): 10
Phar (haste, fly, protection from evil): 10 ⬅️
Maur (haste; badly wounded): 10 ⬅️
Undead Troglodyte [vs. Quinn] (wounded): 8
Undead Troglodytes [vs. Maur] [x2]: 8

Last edited:

Remove ads