• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kyngdoms Campaign Setting

Turanil

First Post
Tom Cashel said:
It is a bryght spot in the gyming lyndscape, a true pynnacle of dysign and creaytivity.
LOL! :D You convinced me that this product is not worth the 40$ it retails as a PDF. (10$ for the PDF map... :mad: )

Capellan

Explorer
johnsemlak said:

The setting (302 pages) is $15. The Atlas (91 pages of maps) is $15. The "Full Map" (which is 9 feet across - nearly three metres) is $10.

I expect (I haven't bought it) that you can get everything you need in the setting book, if you are happy with just a single one or two page map, as is common in print setting books.

Keith Robinson

Explorer
Hi there,

The Kyngdoms was released on the 18th April, so is still fresh and new! There seems to be some confusion over the price, so let me first say (as has already been pointed out) that the entire setting is available for free at:

www.thekyngdoms.com

I don't know where the $40 price tag came from. PDFs are available. The Kyngdoms Campaign Setting and The Kyngdoms Atlas are $14.99 each and The Kyngdoms Full map is $9.99. You can also get the POD version of he Kyngdoms Campaign Setting and The Kyngdoms Atlas at $34.99 each. I would love to have made the POD versions cheaper, but the cost of production doesn't really make it possible. The setting is 300 pages and has some leeway for a reduction in price, but the atlas is full color and anything less would essentially mean I'd be selling it at cost. You can find all the links in my sig. And as I've mentioned, it is also freely available at our website, so you don't have to purchase it anyway :D

I've been working on this project for the last two years and have tried to put together something that the online community might find worthwhile and might actually consider using in the future. I am hoping that people (like yourselves) will become involved in the project, so that it might evolve and grow and survive. We do intend to sell future products which won't all be available on the website for free, but which will expand on what is already there. We are also hoping that people will become involved and submit their own material through our forums, some of which may well become an official part of the setting in the future.

I hope you like what you see and feel free to ask me anything. Also feel free to pop over and say hi! In order to survive well into the future, this project is certainly going to need all the support it can get!

Keith Robinson

Explorer
Tom Cashel said:
It is a bryght spot in the gyming lyndscape, a true pynnacle of dysign and creaytivity.

Very kind words, Tom!

The thing that I'm actually proudest of about The Kyngdoms is that I put it all online and made it accessible to everyone. Believe me, that really isn't an easy decision to make! The feedback I've received so far has all been good, so hopefully we might slowly see people using the campaign setting and help build it well beyond what it already is.

Remove ads