• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L1: Strange Doings (Erekose13 Judging)

Erekose13

Explorer
[imager]http://www.enworld.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=28952&stc=1[/imager]
The others approach the fissure and enter. Inside its quite dark because of the high canyon walls and narrow entrance, though Jallembo's torch lights the area. The cave opens up a bit wider and carries on back about 20 feet before ending in a wall of rubble and loose rocks. Several tattered remains of cobwebs hang from walls and ceiling.

With Jallembo's light the group can see that the cave is quite high, perhaps even 12 feet or so. Jallembo has crawled up the rubble and loose rocks and you can all see where he is headed; the rubble is only piled about 8 or 9 feet high leaving a gap at the top.

Jallembo crawls up the rubble. The corridor on the other side is about 10ft wide with worked stone walls. He can see about 30 ft into the darkness from where he is, but he can tell that the corridor continues on beyond that. He can just make out a door on the left about 20ft down and perhaps a couple of alcoves on the right opposite the door.

The crawl down the rubble on the other side will be as treacherous as the one up, requiring well placed footing. Before he can think to crawl down though he'll have to navigate the tight spot at the top of the rubble.

(escape artist DC 10 unless size small +2 bonus for being unarmored or wearing light armor; climb DC 10 on the other side -2 penalty for not having both hands free)

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo signals Mr Cat to follow him then squeezes through the gap with ease, his body
ondulating like some giant snake.

On the other side he thinks Hum, climbing down could be treacherous.. easy boy, easy..

Still holding his torch, he takes his time, making sure he keeps his balance, holding on
with at least one hand and one foot, climbing down cautiously.

As his feet reach the floor, he turns around to listen to any suspect noises, before inviting
Mr Cat to jump in his arms.

Sooo... where are we??.. better be extra cautious here.. if there are treasures here,
there are traps and guardians!..
he thinks as he very slowly draws his rapier.

Lifting his torch in his left hand, he walks quietly towards the door staying close to the
left-hand wall. Let's see if Olgav's boots are as good as he claimed.. better be, they
cost me a fortune!..
he thinks. As he does so, he checks the ground and walls for
any trap, and keeps an eye on the alcoves...

[sblock=DM] Cool map.. Dungeon Crafter? ;)
My rolls:
Escape Artist (1d20+5=25)
Climb Take 10 (1d20+9=20)
search at +6, listen at +0, move silently at +9[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Could skeletons squeeze through that gap and climb down? doesn't look like it..
not an obvious passageway.. could we have already missed something?? ;)
[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
As Jallembo is taking his time, the others can catch up with him (provided they are all following up and over the rubble). Mr. Cat certainly does, moving forward and nimbly crossing the rocks. Now that Jallembo is down on the ground, he checks the area right at the bottom of the rubble but does not find anything suspiscious.

[sblock=ooc]Yup the skeletons could have made it over if they crawled through the gap like you did. Nothing obvious missed.

The map is taken from one of the maps on WotC's site in the gallery, then I just use Gimp to doctor it a bit and create the black layer that I'll peel back as you explore.[/sblock]

Ximix

First Post
Ximix climbs with obvious difficulty... his life thus far has apparently not given him much practice at rock climbing.
When he (finally) reaches the top he is able to wriggle through, though it's still awkward just watching the normally composed Elf as he squirms and wrestles with his gear through the narrow opening.

[sblock=dm] 10 Climb, 13 Escape [/sblock]

Once back on level ground he will set his shield in place, draw his Longsword, and try to keep the groups light sources from blinding him as they gather to explore this new area.

[sblock=dm] As Ximix's patron, Gliran, has a longsword for a holy symbol, I was hoping to be able to use his sword as a focus when casting spells... yea or nay?[/sblock]

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo frowns a bit as he can hear his companions climbing down the rubbles. He walks cautiously to the door and listens.

If he hears nothing he heads towards the alcoves checking his environment...

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: I dont have my map on me, so I'll have to update that a bit later. From what I remember:)

Jallembo moves up to the doorway. It is flanked by the alcoves directly across the hallway from it, so he decides to check those first. Each alcove stands empty. Each one looks like it was built to hold two statues or figures as there are two stone platforms in each alcove. In between the alcoves there is a faded painting on the wall. It looks quite old and it is difficult to make our much more than a tall tower on an open field. Down below there appears to be some script, but he cannot read it. Without devoting too much attention to the alcoves and leaving the door unchecked he turns and listens at the heavy stone door but cannot hear anything.

Beyond the doorway it appears that a corridor opens on the right further down the hallway and the hallway continues straight.

At that point Razin, Ximix, and Garrit make it over. Manon has not appeared yet.

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo points to the script and whispers to Ximix: "There's something written on that wall painting but I can't understand it.."

He turns to Garrit and says: "I cannot hear anything behind that door, I'll open it, be ready!"

But before Jallembo checks the door for any trap. If satisfied, he opens it slowly...

[sblock=DM]Search+6, Open lock+9[/sblock]

[sblock=all]Are we all on holidays?? Let's move on! ;) [/sblock]

Remove ads