• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L2: The Dragon's Maw (Erekose13 judging)

corcio

First Post
ooc - groovy. ill stick around for a bit more then. i like to post quite frequently. usually on the weekends though i never check it..i dont know why. guess its a work thing.
but im here just let us know where you want to pick it up from.

Manzanita

First Post
Based on LB's description in his adventure proposal, I've slapped together an adventure already. I could start posting on it today. Before I do this, though, I'd like some more feedback from the Players. Corcio and Verbatim seem to have indicated that they would like to keep moving. Is everyone else up to continuing? Alternately, we could continue to wait for LB, though Erekose seems to think he's checked out. We could also just wrap it up and send you guys back to the inn.

corcio

First Post
i will go which ever way proves to be the fastest way back to a steady and fun game
oooooc- (way out of character) plus it woul dbe hilarious to just leave the farmers alone with the skeleton as we run off and say good luck peace out
hehehehe
chaotic evil?

Manzanita

First Post
Looks like we have 80% on board to continue. I reckon I'll go ahead. I'll try to keep a good clip. Here we go.

The party follows the man, Josef Graner, into the temple. At this point, it is clearly identifiable as a temple of Delanor, the benevolent diety of the seafarer.

Perhaps because its a small town, or perhaps for a different reason, the handful of acolytes and townsfolks in the temple seem to know Mr. Graner, and nod at him respectfully. He leads the group to a spiral staircase leading to the dungeons beneath the main floor.

Two mailed guards barely look up from their card game as Josef leads the party past their post to a row of barred cells, taking a torch from the wall. The first is empty; the second holds a sleeping man in rags. The third holds a unkempt half-orc man. He is middle aged and his hair is streaked with gray. As the light hits the cell, several rats scamper under his cot. He continues his mutterings, talking to himself, perhaps, or to his rats.

"Here is the theif," says Josef. "He goes by Barabus milkeye. Ask him what you will, though I know not what you will get."

As the party gathers at the bars, the half orc raises his eyes. True to his name, his eyes are milky-white, with pupils and iris barely visible.

Let me know if you can speak orc.

Feel free to take a knowledge (religion) check, DC 15.

Verbatim

Explorer
~How could a blind person hide a treasure where you had to climb to get it?~

The thought came unasked for to Merlis as he stood with the others in the Delanorian cells, but once there it would not leave him. The fact that he was of mixed blood with orcs did not surprise him, as the majority of their kind he had experience with were either mindless brutes or larconic thugs. There were the occasional ones which gave Merlis hope for their race, but they seemed to be few and far between.

Glancing away from the blind prisoner, Merlis quietly addresses their employer.

"How long have you had him since he stole from you?"

[sblock=Language]Non-orcish here...just some magic languages and a little goblin thrown in for flavoring.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
Verbatim said:
Glancing away from the blind prisoner, Merlis quietly addresses their employer.

"How long have you had him since he stole from you?"

The man stares down his nose at Merlis. For a time, the gnome thinks his question will go unanswered. Then Josef speaks.

"Weeks. If he cooperates, perhaps his life will be spared. He has already stated where he has hidden his ill-gotten gains, but the only party which ventured out after it never returned. There's not many people around here willing to take such risks anymore. This is why I employed Mr. Dez to find you. This, large 'hole' in the ground, he claims to be 25 miles south of here, in a moor. I can't say anyone knows exactly where this is."

Note [sblock] early on, LB indicated the theif died, but then he indicated Josef was taking you to 'the miscreant.' Let's just assume Mr. Dez was mistaken, and the theif did not die.[/sblock]

corcio

First Post
following the man into the temple and eventually down into the dungeon, it becomes apparent on the barbarians face that he does not approve of dungeons. a look of something along the lines of terror sweeps over his face at the sight of the cells. "cage....bad" he mutters and cast his eyes down as he closely follows valan.
upon arriving at the half orcs cell, manon looks around in hopes that they will soon free all these poor souls from their captivity and gives a meek wave to the half orc.

ooc - oooops ,, yeah about the whole skeleton and farmer thing...sorry that was from another game i accidentally posted here...hehehe.
but glad were all along for the ride again. YAY i needed this

OOH yeah i speak orcish

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads