L2: The Dragon's Maw (Erekose13 judging)

Verbatim

Explorer
Merlis Appleton, Gnome Abjr 1

As the larger man's voice boomed loudly in their placid surroundings, Merlis winced slightly and hoped that their value had not dropped further in the eyes of the doorman.

"We did not have the chance to pay your messanger to bring you tidings of our arrival, but as Magus Thoran has stated, we are here in response to the request for assistance."

LiquidBlue

First Post
LogicsFate said:
Upon reaching the door, Valan allows time for the others to gather, before pulling the chain.
LiquidBlue said:
Once the bell chain is pulled, no immediate result is observed. No bell is heard, yet soon the latch can be heard loosed, and the door opens to reveal a young man. He looks you over, and it seems that your over all appearance does not impress him.

He sighs and asks, "What business do you have here?" yet the careful observer might notice that the young man feels he already understands the presence of the group and is asking mostly out of custom.
JohnnyFive said:
"you posted a bill at the inn, i believe? we are here to answer it." Throran states simply.
corcio said:
when the man answers the door Kermis attempts to appear impressive and extravagant. he puffs out his chest and his visage assumes a stern look of seriousness.

"WE HERE HELP MAN. STRONG WARRIORS. I KERMIS " he says in a deep voice and waves his hands over the group. lingering over the shorter members of the group for only a split second and furrowing his eyebrows briefly wondering what they could possibly do in a fight. He draws forth his great axe and bangs the head of it into the ground chipping the stone beneath it. resting his hands on it and standing perfectly straight up trying to look as impressive as possible he says "STRONG WARRIORS."he says again.
Verbatim said:
As the larger man's voice boomed loudly in their placid surroundings, Merlis winced slightly and hoped that their value had not dropped further in the eyes of the doorman.

"We did not have the chance to pay your messanger to bring you tidings of our arrival, but as Magus Thoran has stated, we are here in response to the request for assistance."

Looking over the group, the young man sighs once more then says, "Very well, come inside. I'll inform Mr. Dez that you are here." The man leads you through a small foyer down a short hallway and into a room. There is a large table surrounded by many expensive looking chairs. "Wait here." He looks extremely reluctant to leave the group alone in the room but he does.

After a small wait an older man enters, "My name is Robert Dez, I represent Josef Graner who has asked that I contract a small number of individuals to retrieve an item which was stolen from his family. Apparently, the thief who took hid it before he died, and Mr. Graner has recently learned of its location."

"Mr. Graner lives in Gregsport south of Orussus. If you are willing to accept his employment, I am prepared to arrange passage for you."

corcio

First Post
As the large barbarian enters the room with the table he looks around obviously impressed with the furnishings, having never seen such luxury. After Robert Dez gives his introduction he steps slightly forward and loudly says "HELLO, I KERMIS. WE HELP." the large warrior states simply and pounds his chest once. then taking a deep breath and looking as if he is concentrating deeply, says "MAY I TAKE A SEAT?" he speaks this in the most polite tone he can pull forth trying to sound eloquent and succeding for the most part, points at one of the extravagent chairs in the room. the tone sounded as if he was imitating someone.

ooc - he is imitating the paladin from the inn.

Animus said:
The half-orc approaches Valan's table. "Garrit Kelspire at your service," he says. "May I take a seat?"

random roll http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737268

LogicsFate

First Post
Valan sits back, losing his trademark smile.
I do believe we are already commited to this Mr.Dez! I supose we will learn all the details of this when we reach Gregsport?
What are we talking in way transportation?
Is there anything else you can tell us about the item or it's possible locale?

OOC: 11 rolling?

Verbatim

Explorer
Merlis Appleton, Gnome Abjr1

If Mr. Dez meant to impress them with his display of wealth, the effect succeeded in Merlis' book. Although the sitting room did not contain any chairs for those of shorter stature, no doubt a product of there being very few gnomes who would ever need a lawyer, the craftsmanship was too great to let any bias cloud his view of them.

Wincing again as Kermis proclaimed his desire to lend assistance in his outside voice, Merlis smiled weakly and looked around to see if any of the others took any notice to the volume of his tone.

Seeing the others pay it no mind and immediately begin discussing business, Merlis again waited while the others did the talking.

~No need to appear as if there are too many smiths and not enough iron.~

Swamptreader

First Post
Aazwen Shadewood - L1 Perfectly Normal Ranger

Aazwen, though nearest the entryway, waits and follows the others as they blithely step past him, the man answering the door ignoring his exceedingly salient question.

The well-appointed room was a lovely display of excess as far as this elf was concerned, and he avoided entering too deeply into it. Claustrophobia wasn't one of the things he has on his list of idiosyncrasies, but he preferred staying as close to an exit as possible. Just in case. One never knew when a red dragon or something might suddenly appear and one would be forced to make a judicious departure; could happen.

Standing imperiously, thumbs in his belt, one foot forward and head tilted back a bit, he answers the white elephant of a question, "Well, if I may be so bold as to speak on behalf of my personal entourage," he sweeps his hand across the body of the room, including everyone else present, "I accept your offer of employment. If it can be said in all honesty, I believe we are the single best company possible to find an item. Whether that item be big, large, huge, enormous, really, really big, or small, tiny, miniscule, etcetera and so forth, we can find it. We are, as a team, the finest item finders in all the lands." He pauses to dead silence and adds some support to his claim, "Seriously."

One heretofore semi-erect clump of green and brown hair suddenly droops across one eye, eliciting a brisk puff of air from one corner of his mouth. Then another. The third managed to flip it out of the way.

LiquidBlue

First Post
The Lawyer's Room, Initiative not yet rolled

Swamptreader said:
Standing imperiously, thumbs in his belt, one foot forward and head tilted back a bit, Aazwen answers the white elephant of a question, "Well, if I may be so bold as to speak on behalf of my personal entourage," he sweeps his hand across the body of the room, including everyone else present, "I accept your offer of employment. If it can be said in all honesty, I believe we are the single best company possible to find an item. Whether that item be big, large, huge, enormous, really, really big, or small, tiny, miniscule, etcetera and so forth, we can find it. We are, as a team, the finest item finders in all the lands." He pauses to dead silence and adds some support to his claim, "Seriously."

One heretofore semi-erect clump of green and brown hair suddenly droops across one eye, eliciting a brisk puff of air from one corner of his mouth. Then another. The third managed to flip it out of the way.

Mr. Dez gives Aazwen a curious look, but before he can respond to the elf's small speech, the barbarian, Kemis, contributes to the conversation.

corcio said:
As the large barbarian enters the room with the table he looks around obviously impressed with the furnishings, having never seen such luxury. After Robert Dez gives his introduction he steps slightly forward and loudly says "HELLO, I KERMIS. WE HELP." the large warrior states simply and pounds his chest once. then taking a deep breath and looking as if he is concentrating deeply, says "MAY I TAKE A SEAT?"[/red] he speaks this in the most polite tone he can pull forth trying to sound eloquent and succeding for the most part, points at one of the extravagent chairs in the room. the tone sounded as if he was imitating someone.

ooc - he is imitating the paladin from the inn.

Taken slightly aback, Mr. Dez carefully chooses his words, and speaks sucinctly thusly: "Be seated"

LogicsFate said:
Valan sits back, losing his trademark smile.
I do believe we are already commited to this Mr.Dez! I supose we will learn all the details of this when we reach Gregsport?
What are we talking in way transportation?
Is there anything else you can tell us about the item or it's possible locale?

"Well, I certainly appreciate the enthusiasm expressed. I am sure it is a quality that it serves people of your occupation well." He gives a little half-smile and continues. "The item in question is a small silver medallion, a gift to Mr. Graner, which as I mentioned was stolen from him. Mr. Graner has persued various avenues to obtain its return, but nothing has been successful. "

"This changed recently when the thief was captured for an unrelated crime, as has now revealed the location where it is hidden. Apparantly it is secreted in some sort of cave along with a number of other objects stolen by this same thief."

As for transportation, Mr Dez gives the door through which he entered a couple of taps, and immediately the previously attendent young man appears, "Please arrange passage for these gentlemen," Mr. Dez tells the young man indicating towards the group.

"I will arrange passage on a ship, I do not know when the next one is leaving, but I believe that one may generally find one every couple of days or so."

At this point Mr. Dez, reveals a small pouch. "You need not concern yourselves paying for the voyage; however, I'll understand that you might have matters to which you need to attend in the two or three days before you leave. I have here 100gp, part of the bounty on Mr. Graner's medallion. I can advance it to you, but understand that you must pay Mr. Graner back if you do not successful return his medallion." The lawyer holds the pouch without giving it to anyone.

corcio

First Post
Not sure whether the lawyer meant to say YES or NO, Kermis decides it would be best to leave the chair were it was. He will have to remmeber to get a chair from the red dragon inn and bring it to his villiage should he ever return.

LiquidBlue said:
At this point Mr. Dez, reveals a small pouch. "You need not concern yourselves paying for the voyage; however, I'll understand that you might have matters to which you need to attend in the two or three days before you leave. I have here 100gp, part of the bounty on Mr. Graner's medallion. I can advance it to you, but understand that you must pay Mr. Graner back if you do not successful return his medallion." The lawyer holds the pouch without giving it to anyone.

seeing the man offer up the pouch, kermis respectfully reaches out to accept it. and smiles in a friendly manner.

LogicsFate

First Post
corcio said:
seeing the man offer up the pouch, kermis respectfully reaches out to accept it. and smiles in a friendly manner.

Moving calmly, Valan places a hand on Kermis' back Allow me Taking the pouch over to a table Thankyou Mr. Dez, this will most assurably help us gather a few supplies.

Spilling the contents onto the table he continues to address Dez. The note stated climbing experience a plus, I'm to assume if we have steads we should just leave them behind?

Valan sorts the gold into 5 equal stack with the speed of someone who has obviously practiced it, a lot. Grabbing a stack for his own, Valan states Repaid in full on the off chance we should fail.

Valan steps back, to allow others to grab their own stacks.

Remove ads