L4W Discussion Thread III

Phoenix8008

First Post
I'm going to have to remove Ata's fighter 'Alex' from my Redblade's Riches game as well it seems after this current fight. Well, I guess that there was good reason to take a 6 person party now. So that there are 5 left after one disappears.

CaBaNa

First Post
Two things,

Have we chatted enough about the EXP boost to make a proposal?

and what do I have to wait/hope to be approved before I could make a Human Garrote wielding Vampire Assassin? I'm dropping this character either here or in LEB, depending on nerf's, as the build is stretched thin on ability scores and what not already.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Well, you'd need the assassin rules (duh). You also probably want the Dhampyr rules from Dragon 371 so you can actually be vampiric. The garrote rules from Dragon 373 have already been approved.

covaithe

Explorer
Have we chatted enough about the EXP boost to make a proposal?

Well, I think it deserves more discussion, but that discussion might as well be in a proposal thread as here.

In other news, today is the 15th of September, one year exactly after our target date for opening L4W for business. I can't remember if we actually started exactly on the 15th; things kind of snowballed as adventures and characters became approved, but it was within a few days one way or the other.

L4W has thrived, well beyond my expectations. We have 107 approved characters according to the official list, the majority of which are still active. We have 10 completed adventures, and something like 15 currently active, under at least 10 DMs. (The Adventure Index page isn't quite up to date with the recent flurry of new adventures, I think.) And that's not including DMs who have disappeared.

Our highest level characters are a bit past level 4, with a healthy handful of level 3 characters. Nearly all of the original PCs present at or near launch have reached level 3. (Woe is the only exception I can think of, and he's special in many ways. ;) ) I think that's about where we expected advancement to be; maybe a little slower than we thought, but not ridiculously slow.

So, yeah. I don't really have any point, except to say that we're pretty cool. Here's to many more years!

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Our highest level characters are a bit past level 4, with a healthy handful of level 3 characters. Nearly all of the original PCs present at or near launch have reached level 3. (Woe is the only exception I can think of, and he's special in many ways. ;) ) I think that's about where we expected advancement to be; maybe a little slower than we thought, but not ridiculously slow.
Happy Birthday!

And Incarnation is lagging way behind at 2nd with only 315xp past that barrier. :(

covaithe

Explorer
Oh yeah, I forgot about you guys in the sewer. That adventure has been on the slow side. But aren't you due a big chunk of XP soon?

CaBaNa

First Post
Well, you'd need the assassin rules (duh). You also probably want the Dhampyr rules from Dragon 371 so you can actually be vampiric. The garrote rules from Dragon 373 have already been approved.
Thanks!

Were the dragon 371 dhampyr rules nerf'd?

If not, are they included with the fix the proposal system list? (Which I can no longer find, or I would link to it here...)

And the assassin class, if I understand the new content rules, will become available after the full issue of dragon comes out, and (1 or 2) month(s) pass?

Wow I'm way more ignorant on this than I thought... :(

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Wow, would you cool it with the rampant paranoia already? I don't think the judges are really out to balance everything you want into the ground. Also, the Dhampyr rules are so... unoptimal that I find it difficult to believe anyone would really take issue with them.

If I understand the new acceptance rules correctly (and I'm not sure I do) by the end of the week Dragon 371 will be approved, since it will have been a month since the new rules came into place. The assassin rules will be accepted one month after the full pdf of Dragon 379 is released, which means it will be available around the beginning of November.

Mewness

First Post
New blood

Hi everyone! I am a prospective new player. I have submitted a character and I have a question:

Are PHB2-style backgrounds in use? Are they in addition to regional benefits, or a substitute for them? (The region section suggests certain backgrounds for certain regions and I wasn't sure.)

Probably more questions as I think of them.

Remove ads