L4W Discussion Thread IV

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Wow, no more leather armor for Avengers. Ooh, and resolution on Storm Pillar (damage is only taken for movement during the enemy's turn).

Edit: And the Archlich is no longer a tremendous liability.

Edit, part 2: And Hero of the Faith is sort of weak. The oath now lasts until either the creature dies or until you hit it, whichever comes first.

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
and you can't take free actions when surprised!

and if your roll a 20 or higher while dying without healing surges, your SOL...

On Storm Pillar, they apparently forgot about readied actions. ;) Or opportunity actions, that would move the enemy into the pillar "on it's turn."

But the intent is clear now at least...

Illusory Wall is an encounter power again!

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
So, Eldritch Strike is now an alternative for Eldritch Blast. I wanted to bring this to everyone's attention because of the wording WotC used when justifying this:

"The change is necessary because there is currently no easy way to easily acquire this power as a warlock."

So, does this mean that there was a hard way to easily acquire the power? Or maybe there was an easy way to get it that involved much difficulty. I guess it depended on how much you didn't want to be a human.

covaithe

Explorer
Bloodclaw weapon's power is encounter instead of at will, interesting. Also, Hero of the Faith got the official nerf, though not exactly the one that I expected.

renau1g

First Post
So, Eldritch Strike is now an alternative for Eldritch Blast. I wanted to bring this to everyone's attention because of the wording WotC used when justifying this:

"The change is necessary because there is currently no easy way to easily acquire this power as a warlock."

So, does this mean that there was a hard way to easily acquire the power? Or maybe there was an easy way to get it that involved much difficulty. I guess it depended on how much you didn't want to be a human.

Awesome! I laughed quite hard at this THB.

Dunamin

First Post
Quite a few updates to magic items, I see.

Cloaks of Distortion are not over-the-top anymore and have been officially kicked from both Woe's and Rhole's wish list.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Couple of things I noticed:

Yes, double weapons are much saner now, although the quarterstaff and spiked chain should probably be updated to the new format.

A lot of the stuff we've been arguing about in Arcane Power has been fixed. Not Grease though, AFAICT.

Murphy/Siblyx's Rod of Reaving's been nerfed. Sorry. Good thing you already killed all those minions!

Remove ads