L4W Discussion Thread IV

LadyLaw

First Post
How do you check for the Requesting Approval tag? Is there somewhere in the wiki that I can look for specific tags? As a judge I should probably know this... :(

Although I don't know how to search for a specific tag using some sort of search feature, I can sort of answer your question.

If you go the PCs page of the Wiki (where it lists all characters) there is a link near the top, under the introductory paragraph, that says "Characters Requesting Approval." If you click that link, it brings up a new page containing a different list of characters, which are presumably only those pages with the "requesting approval" tag.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Okay, question from the other side. How do you add the "requesting approval" tag to a character sheet? As of this morning, both of my PC's are now awaiting approval. I'm fine with waiting a while for Kama'zer since she's between adventures now anyway, and I figured Talon would be looked at before too long since its been a few weeks since I sent the email requesting his approval. But if adding that tag has a chance at speeding things up at all, I'll give it a shot if someone will tell me how to do so.

Mezegis

First Post
Does Talon have these tags in his status? If not, add it and you should show up in the list, making it 89 characters waiting.

[[Category:L4W:Requesting_Approval]]
[[Category:L4W]]

Kalidrev

First Post
LadyLaw, Wow, that helps a LOT! Thanks! Now that I have bookmarked both L4W and LEB, I can get a better idea of what (who?) needs done and I can get right on it! My biggest problem has been the blizzard of emails that I tend to lose track of. With a concrete list in front of me, that will definitely help.

I'm not sure if this can (or should) be a precedent, but (and this is mostly for the other judges) should we make adding the Requesting Approval to the character sheet as both part of the initial approval and level up approvals? This would make it much easier for us to look at the list in the Wiki and see exactly who has and hasn't been approved.

Mezegis

First Post
It's automatically on the initial character sheet if you follow the template in the character gen sticky. The only issue I see is that it gets deleted once you have both approvals, so that it isn't there when you try and level up.

Kalidrev

First Post
It's automatically on the initial character sheet if you follow the template in the character gen sticky. The only issue I see is that it gets deleted once you have both approvals, so that it isn't there when you try and level up.

Exactly my point, Mezegis. I think we need to make it a precedent for those who are leveling up to place the "[[Category:L4W:Requesting Approval]]" back into their character sheets so that it's a lot easier to tell who needs approvals.

ryryguy

First Post
FYI, if you click on any Category link at the bottom of any page, it takes you to the category page. (Adding that "[[Category:L4W:Requesting_Approval]]" not only adds the page to that category, it automatically creates a link to the category at the bottom of that page.)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Does Talon have these tags in his status? If not, add it and you should show up in the list, making it 89 characters waiting.

[[Category:L4W:Requesting_Approval]]
[[Category:L4W]]
He does have them now. Thanks everybody. Yes, that would be a great thing to add into the charter for the instructions of how to request level up approval.

Remove ads