L4W Discussion Thread V

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I suppose to each his own. I can't play PF (or 3.5e) after 4e and actually having options as a fighter outside of feats. I've always loved fighters, but in prior editions it was the sheet you handed the new guy until you got to "graduate" to one of teh more challenging/option heavy classes.
You know me, I love me 4E. My point is that lack of complexity does not mean unfun in general. Damen may not have as many options as a Scoundrel Rogue, but he's a blast.

treex

First Post
Shardminds are in Player's Handbook 3.
Bards are in Player's Handbook 2.
More Bard stuff is in Arcane Power.

More stuff is probably in Dragon, but I don't know which issues off-hand.

I knew that, I was hoping for handbooks other than those. And maybe the important Dragon issues...

renau1g

First Post
I knew that, I was hoping for handbooks other than those. And maybe the important Dragon issues...

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/21106285/Cruel_Lullabies:_The_Bard_Handbook

The various powers that are from Dragon are noted there too.

Luinnar

First Post
Same for me, just went to setting to change my background.
So, about that Shardmind Bard...anyone can gimme a list of Bard and Shardmind related handbooks/magazines? It would be greatly appreciated.
Looks like dragon 374,376,383,385,396 for bard. This guide will probably be more useful to you however.

Edit:ninjaed by renau1g!

treex

First Post
I couldn't quite find anything related to 3e or 3.5e on living world. Do they have it? I was wondering how different it is from 4e, how it plays, the rules, etc....

stonegod

I couldn't quite find anything related to 3e or 3.5e on living world. Do they have it? I was wondering how different it is from 4e, how it plays, the rules, etc....
Not sure what you are asking:
- Is it about Living ENWorld? That is the 3.5e. The rules are quite a bit different (see the SRD for some details)
- Is it about Living Eberron? That is 4E. Same rules, some few different house rules, different setting.
- Something else?

treex

First Post
The 3.5e Living World seems to be...inactive? There were only like...3 posts in the last month and about 4 threads posted in, during 2011. Is it...just dead?

stonegod

The 3.5e Living World seems to be...inactive? There were only like...3 posts in the last month and about 4 threads posted in, during 2011. Is it...just dead?
Its going, but quite slowly. Not nearly as much activity as L4W or LEB.

If you want a more active 3.5 flavor living world, look for the Living Pathfinder threads in "Talking the Talk". That would get you going.

treex

First Post
So that place is all flavor no crunch? Cause I'm more interested in the crunch bits. And I have little to no experience regarding D&D. I'm only playing in one pbp campaign and where I'm from no one plays D&D. Never even heard of it. No one.

stonegod

So that place is all flavor no crunch? Cause I'm more interested in the crunch bits. And I have little to no experience regarding D&D. I'm only playing in one pbp campaign and where I'm from no one plays D&D. Never even heard of it. No one.
All the places I mentioned are using rule systems so there is "crunch": We use 4th Edition, Living ENWorld using 3.5 D&D, Living Pathfinder using Pazio's Pathfinder rules (derived from D&D 3.5). Living ENWorld has created a lot of crunch for their setting (see the sticky threads at the top of the forum), so to say there is no crunch would be incorrect.

EDIT: To be clear, the "Talking the Talk" forum for Living Pathfinder is where the forum games are set up (the "Out of Character" discussion); the games themselves are played in the "Playing the Game" forum [where they are still marked "Living Pathfinder"]).

Remove ads