L4W Discussion Thread V

weldon

Explorer
I am still new here, but I think it serves at least two functions:

1. Characters whom have not been approved can't receive experience
2. The characters have been checked for possible errors

I agree that those are the two reasons for having an approval process, but my question was really about the page itself. Other than being a nice list of all the work the reviewers have done, who actually uses this page? and how do they use it?

covaithe

Explorer
You can subscribe to a category and you are emailed anytime a page is added to the category.
Useful information; I didn't know that.

What purpose does the approved characters page serve? Do DM's check that list before they accept characters into an adventure? Or do they check each character page to get the details anyways?

I agree that those are the two reasons for having an approval process, but my question was really about the page itself. Other than being a nice list of all the work the reviewers have done, who actually uses this page? and how do they use it?

Good questions. The only unique purpose that I know of that the page serves that no other page does, is as a way for SRs to mark a character as "done", in such a way that we can be confident (to the limits of wikia's security, at least) that the final stamp of approval was given by an SR, and not some random person. In other words, it provides verification that this character didn't bypass the review process and just declare themselves approved.

I suppose you could do the same by checking the page's history and verifying that the approvals came from people that you knew were SRs. That... seems like a step that not many people would actually take. I dunno. Maybe I'll subscribe to the category for a while and watch the notifications.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I somehow missed the transfer to the Approved Characters sheet for the characters I've reviewed. I'll do that in the future.

Velmont

First Post
[MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION] and at someone else. Please, Jarel-karn need to be approved. AS he is not approved yet, he cannot receive the XP award for the encounter he just finished in Mark of Trogor.

Remove ads