L4W Discussion Thread V

Velmont

First Post
I don't have PHB3, only the character builder. So can someone enlighten me about the Superior Implement? Why a lvl1 couldn't start with one? Why they feels so broken?

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Why they feels so broken?

Depending on your class/build, you can get a +1 bonus to hit and a +2/3/4 bonus to damage with one feat. I know my sorcerer in one of my RL groups is looking enviously at the telepath psion's crystal orb. +1 to hit vs Will, +2 damage with psychic, aren't like, all telepath powers psychic damage vs will? I don't know if they're broken, but some of them are quite good.

renau1g

First Post
Are they item bonus to damage? I forget. They're still really good. Better for many focused builds than weapon focus (staff..etc)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
They give a variety of bonus, but not all do damage bonuses. The crystal orb is +1 vs Will and +2 to psychic damage (only). Yes, telepathic psions love it (but not telekenetic ones).

The ones that give damage bonus are not feat bonuses, so Weapon Focus + Superior Impelement stack with staff's/daggers. So a telekenetic psion with a Weapon Focus'd guardian staff will do +3 to damage with force powers (+1 to all else).

Broken? Consider that the damage/accuracy/special properties bonus are to try to match the damage/accuracy/special properties weapon fighters can get from superior weapons. The question is do they match up?

renau1g

First Post
I think so as a fighter grabbing a bastard sword over longsword does about 1 more point of damage with every attack right? A 2H person grabbing a fullblade does +1 damage and gets high crit so it seems about even to me.

Velmont

First Post
Ah, I wasn't aware of that feat. The bonus is unnamed, so it is strong, but not necessarily broken now. It sounds as powerfull as the dragonborn spellcaster feat. Strong.

Fragsie

Explorer
Quick questio to those out there that use Maptool; I'm new to the program and I'm in the process of sorting out my next encounter and have a questions:

How do you get rid of the number on PC tokens? The token's I'm pulling in have tags like 'Mikara 72'. I've edited the token's properties to say that it's a PC rather than an NPC, but this hasn't remedied the problem.

Remove ads