L4W Discussion Thread V

renau1g

First Post
Purchase whatever you can afford Off-screen and just make a note of it on your CS for review. No limitations other than it has to be from an approved source.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
If you're talking about the math templates that ported from the old wiki, I remember that we looked at these a while back. Each table seems to have a different name for the level bonus, and one or two of them are not obvious. Looking at the code for the template should give you the correct name. If this doesn't sound like your problem, then, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Renau1g, do you have a link to the code for these.

Dekana

Explorer
Renau1g, do you have a link to the code for these.
If you try to edit a page on the wiki, it will give you a list of the templates used at the bottom of the edit page. So going to the CS:Attributes template, it looks like the format should be |StrLevel=0, |ConLevel=2, etc.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Is this what you're looking for? Hope it helps...

attachment.php

-IG

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 407

Oni

First Post
Yeah I saw that after I posted. I had been editing the code and not though that UI, I guess because I had chosen to edit a large section all at once or something, not sure. Anyway that raises your stat points, what I was looking for was a way to raise the mod to account for the 1/2 level bonus, but that may not exist within that particular table.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
My understanding was that mods don't include your level bonuses because they were designed to calculate your ability mod for to damage totals. Was I wrong on this all along?

Oni

First Post
I was thinking in terms of ability checks. Ideally the table would show raw mods and then level altered mods so you would have the full spectrum of information. I have no earthly idea how to do that though.

Really I wish the character management aspect of L4W was simpler, it's a real headache.

Velmont

First Post
I've been looking at a .dnd4e file. This is just a huge .xml file. I'm quite sure there is a way to read it and transform it into a L4W template file. Sure, there will be a few missing information, like power description, but all the math part should be easy to get out of it.

That could help anyone with a character builder. For the others... no miracle possible :(

Remove ads