L4W Discussion Thread V

evilbob

Explorer
If we are able to keep going for another 2 years, it may be possible (probable) to see Epic PC's...
Assuming folks don't disappear beforehand... ;)

Just kidding! Thanks for the stats update, r1. I'd give you XP if I could! :) Out of curiosity, any idea how many people are "active"? (Or how many have become inactive?)

renau1g

First Post
Out of curiosity, any idea how many people are "active"? (Or how many have become inactive?)

Hmmm......well the second one is probably lots... out of the first group I adventured with only 50% are still here.

There's approx. 20-22 active games right now, so if there's on average 5 PC's in each = 100-110 active PC's. If the average player has 2 PC's then the total # of players is about 50-60.

There's about a 20-25% drop rate in just about every adventure I've been involved in from either side of the screen so it does look like it may be difficult to reach epic as there will likely be a dwindling player base that moves up together.

That said, I sure hope Murphy can get back and talk to Callen and the rest of that crew from The Ebon Mirror, although Kamazer, Mri'Thas, Ts'iri, & Riar'lon have all gone the way of the dodo. So I guess Callen and Murphy, with Soldier also being there, can catch up for some drinks in the tavern :)

Velmont

First Post
Reaching higher level, group will form and stay together for a long while I think. That's what happen in LEW when Rinaldo, Ashnar and Tenebrynn become the seed of an adventuring group. Rinaldo was the highest level in LEW, while Tenebrynn was closely following and Ashnar was a bit behind thanks to his two death.

Those three characters have been through at least 5 (and a half) adventure together.

Xeterog

Explorer
Question, a character does not have to be wielding an implement to use implement attacks, correct? They just don't get any bonuses?

For example, an Avenger can still use Abjure Undead even if he is just holding a two-handed weapon and not his holy symbol?

You don't have to hold a Holy symbol to use it..it just has to be in your possession. So, you'd get an implement bonus (if you have it) even while wielding a 2-handed weapon.

Oni

First Post
You don't have to hold a Holy symbol to use it..it just has to be in your possession. So, you'd get an implement bonus (if you have it) even while wielding a 2-handed weapon.

But if for some reason, you don't have a holy symbol at all, you could still use the power, you just wouldn't have any of the bonuses that might be associated with using an implement, like the enhancement bonus or the expertise feat for instance.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
That said, I sure hope Murphy can get back and talk to Callen and the rest of that crew from The Ebon Mirror, although Kamazer, Mri'Thas, Ts'iri, & Riar'lon have all gone the way of the dodo. So I guess Callen and Murphy, with Soldier also being there, can catch up for some drinks in the tavern :)
Well, most of the MMC is still together and pushing 5/6th; the "New Five" are moving that way. So even if several drop, there should be at least a small core to go EPIC!!!!!1!!

Mewness

First Post
Hey no cutting in line ahead of real monsters!

Although with so many kobolds about, Papolstaanas may have to hold out for Team Plucky Kobold or somesuch.

renau1g

First Post
Real Monsters? I'll have you know Murphy was originally a doppelgagner until the CB didn't have that as an option anymore...

ryryguy

First Post
So what's the current status about bonus expertise at level 5? Still a flat +1, or is it a bonus feat now? I can't find where that is called out in the wiki or the character creation guide.

Remove ads